Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Carolina Panthers New Orleans Saints

Anyone watching this FOOL walk a wire across Niagara?? From US 2 Canada!

Title says it all. HighWire Walker is walking a 2.5 Inch wire Live on TV now 10PM June 15th. Across Niagara Falls! Walking from the US across to Canada! Freaking LOON! If you ask me!

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

He had a line attached to the wire, so he wasn't going anywhere even if he fell. It was cool, but if he would of done it without any safety lines, then I would of been more surprised that he made it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The safety line was insisted upon by his sponsors. It's the first time he has ever worn one while doing an actual walk. I don't see anything foolish about it though. The view he had as he walked above the cascading water near the beginning looked awesome.

New Member Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Philadelphia Flyers
    Send PayPal to Rybowski Member is PayPal Verified

The safety line was insisted upon by his sponsors. It's the first time he has ever worn one while doing an actual walk. I don't see anything foolish about it though. The view he had as he walked above the cascading water near the beginning looked awesome.

I am sure that view was amazing, and I didn't know that it was his first time using that line. I knew that he was really good, but I had no idea the sponsors insisted on the safety line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea, he had a segment in the preview part of the show just about the harness. He HATED it! You could tell he genuinely wanting nothing to do with wearing it. BUT, he had been waiting for 20 years to cross the Falls, and this was non-negotiable with the sponsors, and I'm SURE the TV channel people were wanting him to wear it, doubt they wanted someone to die on national TV regardless of the ratings. LOL, now that I've wrote that sentence out, I'm starting to question the TV people not wanting those particular ratings....lol! Anyway, He didn't want to wear it, and the whole time walking he complained about it some, and they made it clear numerous times he has NEVER used one before. If you watched the whole show, they showed his Grandfather dying in South America walking btw two hotels 8 or 10 stories up. Apparently that time, one of the "secure lines" was not secure, and it caused him to loose balance b/c the line would not stop wobbling. The man was 76? It think? He tried to regain balance, eventually you see him knowing he doesn't have a chance to regain balance, and he tries to go around the balance pole he is caring and go for the wire to save himself. He hit it once with both hands one after another, and neither one had a chance at it, neither hand even got wrapped on the wire. And after missing with the second hand he falls backwards to his death 8-10 stories below. Nick (the grandson/guy walking across the falls) said that the only reason he was unable to save himself that day, and not get hold of the wire was b/c he was just to old, and not strong enough. It really is a spooky video clip to watch.

Back to the harness, I thought it kinda killed the whole suspense, not that I want the guy to die, but the WHOLE point to wire walking being AWESOME and suspenseful, is the chance of falling and injuries or death. And b/c of the harness, there was NO real risk. So it was COOL! Very awesome to watch, He is a cool, crazy, impressive, & amazing dude! BUT the harness just took out that little edge that would have had me clapping for him from home like a goof. With the harness, it was just cool. But not AWESOME.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Boston Bruins
    See PizdecInc's Items on eBay

thats insane. i think i have seen him before. Is it the same dude that did this?

he has done some crazy things.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dont think that's the same guy.