Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Thread: Samsdad IP thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks,
    I thought it was interesting that just about every player including the stars all signed. Even victorino signed at one point.

I know VIctorino is supposed to be a good signer, buthe never signs here as a 'grapher' pissed him off a couple of years ago, and from what I have heard/seen he has never signed here again ntil this visit with the Dodgers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice job getting Stewart. He is by far the toughest sig. on the Nascar circuit to obtain IP. After chasing him for 12 years, I finally did have a very pleasant, 1 on 1 encounter with him last June, when he was here to do the "seat swap" show on SPEED with F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice job getting Stewart. He is by far the toughest sig. on the Nascar circuit to obtain IP. After chasing him for 12 years, I finally did have a very pleasant, 1 on 1 encounter with him last June, when he was here to do the "seat swap" show on SPEED with F1 driver Lewis Hamilton.

Yeah, he was not the happiest, he definetly wasn't excited to be there. But oh well. Today Brought
    Kyle Busch
    August 30, 2012
    2/2 Diecast cars: A green daytona 600 and a NOS #51 with an inscription of Rowdy.
    Then I was able to gothrough again and get 2 8X10's.
    I have now entered into theworld of Nascar collecting. Kinda fun but I will probably stick to baseball

I will post pictures when I can and I will entertain trade offers.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Philles at Braves
    Friday Aug 31
    Game one of three

As I mentioned Samnow has school until 4. I went down to the Ted to knock out a couple of Don Sutton 50/50's I am working on, and I asked the 6 , yes I said 6 graphers that were there if anyone was signing for the Phillies and they were emphatic in NO!!!! Seems the bus pulled up they all got off and no one looked up.
    Mr Howard, as he did last time in promised to sign inside...

Oh, I got a few Suttons done, if you recieved my PM you knowthis and I hope to get everyone done this next three days.

Inside Batting Practice
    Phillies Side

Yawn.....
    Seen signing but did not get him; Kyle Kendrick!!!!
    This makes big news as I have not seen him sign before and I have heard he is surly!!! Nice to see.

With 20 minutes to first pitch the only players strectching we Frandsen, who signed alot, Howard and Utley. Sam had his friend's Utley Jersey that he kept waving at him and sure enough, Over he comes, Signs for about 5-6 peole including the Jersay and Sam's '11 Topps that his friend was holding in exchange for Sam holding the Jersey. Not sure how that would have worked out if Utley did not sign the card. A fan hit Utley on the Hand with the Sharpie point , by mistake of course, and he just made a frustrated face and left. A pretty regular grapher said this is the first he had seen or heard of Utley signing in 4 years here. Sam got him outside the stadium last month so I cannot vouch that he is difficult but alot of others were very excited.
    Then....Who should come over and keep his promise But Ryan Howard ( If you follow my thread you might recall that he told Sam he never "promised" to sign last time they were here) and signed 1/1 '09 Topps team highlight with Cole Hamels and 1/1 for me of the '10? Topps Broad Street Bombers with Rollins. So now Sam has a goal for the weekend of completing the Dual player cards... We shall what tomorrow brings.

oh and we got about 15 SGA Chipper Jones Prints #2. Trades welcome

Saturday Sept 1.
    Philles at Braves
    Game two of three

Sam got there about 5 hours before First pitch, right after little League. Missed alot of the team as they took the bus.

Nate Schurholtz 2/2 - '09,'12 Topps

Not sure who else signed but we got no one.

Inside Philies Batting Practice

Juan Pierre on an 04 florida Marlins Bobble head. Unfrtunately Sam gave hinm the wrong pen and the signature is not very good, but it was cool he really was surprised to see it and signed it #9 which was his number there instead of the bible inscription he usually gives.

Again a snoozer for two hours until Utley and Howard play the same game, Utley signed two for Sam the '09 and '12 and then a couple of people later, he stops and leaves. Very abrupt. Nice enough just seems a bit odd. Perhaps he is not feeling well.

Howard came over and signed but we missed him.

We made arare post game attempt. Rollins promised sam to get him tomorrow inside on the Broad Street Bullies card. He went so far as to tell Sam he was looking at his fac to remember him We shall see.
    We got Dominic Brown 2/2, 1/1 '12 Topps X2 and '09 Topps
    Larry Anderson 1/1 '85 Donruss

Hopefully Rollins keeps his word we will see tomorrow

SCF Rewards
    Country

Philles at Braves
    Hopefully Rollins keeps his word we will see tomorrow

I have not posted in a while, but yes JRoll kept his promise, he came over, found Sam and signed for him and then a few others.
    I will post the rest of the Day and the Rox, Nats when I get the list back from Sam.
    Meanwhile this week has been a flurry with:
    Monday September 25, 2012
    Frank Thomas Personal Appearance:
    4/4 2 ROMLB one with his MVP's and one with the MVP's and his 500th HR noted dated 6-28-07
    This was an appearance promoting Big Hurt Beer. He was very nice and signed ALOT. He would not allow people to go through twice but you could get many multiples at one visit. I sw one collector get 5 cards signed. He had 8. I am not sure if he cut it off at 5, or what.
    Tuesday September 26, 2012
    Atlanta Braves v Florida Marlins
    Turner Field
    Pregame outside of stadium
    Ozzie Guillen 1/1- '87 Topps
    John Buck 1/1- '12 Topps
    Don Sutton 3/3- HOF Plaque and 2 cards for part of 50/50 we were doing, you have been contacted if these were yours.
    Inside Batting Practice Marlins Side:
    Wade Le Blanc 2/2- '10, '11 Topps
    Jacob Turner 1/1- '12 Topps
    Giancarlo Stanton 1/1- ROMLB He was just standing around as he was not going to play and took tosses from the 3 graphers there and signed as nice as I have ever seen. He took the balls, held them on the rail and made NICE signatures on Sweet Spots. Picture is too large to upload I will try to figure something out.
    Steve Cishek 1/0- '11 Bowman RC Sam got a page of cards done for a friend and he gave him one. Cool enough, Sam was expecting nothing.
    Joes Reyes- 1/1, 1/1- 09 Starquest Upper Deck, '12 Topps. We have done well with him this year. Have a couple of cards and a Bobblehead left for him to sign this year, we shall see.
    Wednesday Sept.,26
    Marlins at Braves
    GU ball tossed to Sam :
    Donavan Solano
    Rob Brantly
    Gregg Dobbs
    Donovan Solano 1/1- Ticket from Tuesday's game in which he hit his first career HR, noted accordingly.
    Heath Bell 1/1- '12 Topps
    Reyes had to go inside to fix his pants, he did not have time to sign. We will try again today.
    Last edited by samsdad; 09-27-2012 at 10:45 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Friday Sept 28, 2012
    NY Mets at Atanta Braves
    Turner Field

They were honoring Chipper Jones tonight so it was packed!!!!! I got extra prints if anyone wants one in trade. Message me for a picture or an offer.

Due to school we could only do batting practice,
    Angel Pagan 2/2
    Scott Hairston 4/4
    Josh Turner 1/1
    David Wright 0/1- Sam was next and he decided to go. I have never seen him so upset. The person before wanted a piture and he was frustrated as that took so long. Oh well you can't get them all.

Chipper Ceremony was nice. Fans really love him and its well deserved. Pregame outside the stadium only today.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nfra4261's Items on eBay

A few questions: Do you have any of those Chipper Commemorative OMLB's? Is there any chance of you getting one signed? For a consignment or trade? Thanks and lmk!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not yet. Not really likely to get anything signed by Chipper this weekend. 51000 fqns last night and most were there to see him.
    few questions: Do you have any of those Chipper Commemorative OMLB's? Is there any chance of you getting one signed? For a consignment or trade? Thanks and lmk![/QUOTE]

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nfra4261's Items on eBay

Not yet. Not really likely to get anything signed by Chipper this weekend. 51000 fqns last night and most were there to see him.
    few questions: Do you have any of those Chipper Commemorative OMLB's? Is there any chance of you getting one signed? For a consignment or trade? Thanks and lmk!

[/QUOTE]

I expected that, lol. Have you gotten Chipper this season though?

SCF Rewards
    Country

We got Chipper three different times this season. I expect he will be around in Spring Training from interviews I have heard

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast