Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: Samsdad IP thread

SCF Rewards
    Country

Padres at Braves
    Thursday Aug 16, 2012
    Fourth game of series
    The Padres continued to be nice, although with it being Chipper Bobblehead night, there were alot more people and that kept a few players away.
    Sam got:
    John Baker 1/1 5X7 of a photo we took of him with Sam yesterday, Baker liked it.
    Cory Burns 1/1 5X7 of a photo we took of him yesterday pitching
    Cameron Maybin- 2/2 '12, '09 Topps
    Chase Headley- 1/1 '10 Topps only one we had left, I know he signed at least three of the four games.
    And we got a bunch of Chipper Jones Bobble heads as we had extra tickets for this game and were able to cash them in for bobbleheads.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Padres at Braves
    Thursday Aug 16, 2012
    Fourth game of series
    The Padres continued to be nice, although with it being Chipper Bobblehead night, there were alot more people and that kept a few players away.
    Sam got:
    John Baker 1/1 5X7 of a photo we took of him with Sam yesterday, Baker liked it.
    Cory Burns 1/1 5X7 of a photo we took of him yesterday pitching
    Cameron Maybin- 2/2 '12, '09 Topps
    Chase Headley- 1/1 '10 Topps only one we had left, I know he signed at least three of the four games.
    And we got a bunch of Chipper Jones Bobble heads as we had extra tickets for this game and were able to cash them in for bobbleheads.

You always have great success!!

I remember trying to get Maybin back in 2007 Spring Training when he was that up and coming prospect with the Tigers. He completely blew everyone off that day. I guess he finally realizes he isn't what he thought he would be.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nfra4261's Items on eBay

Are any of the bobbleheads for sale or trade?

SCF Rewards
    Country

We got him once when he was a Marlin and this time he limited his signing but came over to talk to some people
    You always have great success!!

I remember trying to get Maybin back in 2007 Spring Training when he was that up and coming prospect with the Tigers. He completely blew everyone off that day. I guess he finally realizes he isn't what he thought he would be.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'll pm you

SCF Rewards
    Country

Samsdad-

Tried to PM you my plans for the Bravos this Sunday, but your box is full!

I'm planning on getting there pretty early (7-8a) and doing pregame! PM me what you are doing!

SCF Rewards
    Country

A very delayed report, condensed for lack of time and memory.
    Friday August 17, 2012
    Dodgers at Braves
    Game one of three
    First Friday game after school had started and so pregame is batting practice only. We were told we missed DonMattingly outside as he signed alot!!!! This turned out to be the best chance to get him as he was suspended for games 2 and 3 of the series. Too bad to we had a mini bat with his name on it that we wanted signed.
    Inside Batting Practice Dodger side:
    We were working on a team ball we had from last year as the players on it were Mattingly, Kemp, Gordon, Eithier, and Bellisario. We feel this years team is a playoff team and we were going to make it 2012 playoff team ball.
    On Friday we added;
    Chad Billingsley
    Aaron Harang
    Rick Honeycutt
    Elian Hernandez
    Sam was able to get Clayton Kershaw by tossing him a ROMLB over the Dodger dugout. He side paneled it. Ugh!
    He got Eithier on Two cards on was the Topps card with Kemp for the Silver slugger card, so this now bwcame a priorty.
    Unfortunately we had to leave early about 45 minutes before first pitch. Reports were Hanley and Kemp signed after we left. A trend we would see all weekend.
    As mentioned by Zito 75 it was very crowded over the weekend. The new Dodgers acquired by trade will only make the Dogers a HUGE draw.
    Saturday Aug 18, 2012
    Game two again we missed pregame outside as Sam was invited to participate in the Civil Rights game baseball clinic with his middle school team held at Tuerner Field from 9-2 with former Braves Charlie Liebrandt and Otis Nixon
    By the time we got to the outside we ot nothing. This was mostly becasue a large amount of the Dodgers came in as a group from the Civil Rights Luncheon and they were late and did not stop to sign
    Dodger Side Batting Practice
    On team ball inside
    Mark Ellis
    Adam Kennnedy
    Kenely Jansen ( he sigbned late outside too, but we were trying to find Frank Robinson and missed him)
    Matt Kemp on ROMLB
    Andre Eithier on two more cards we now have 4 out of 5 signed. He signs alot.
    We missed Hanley as he signed at the same time as Kemp. Turns out that happened all three games. Not sure if this is on purpose or coincedece.
    Sunday Aug 19
    Game Three of Three
    Outside before the game Dodgers Side
    Joe Blanton 2/2 '12 Topps and Team Ball
    Kenley Jansen 2/2 '12 Topps and Bowman.
    Inside Batting Practice
    Dodgers Side
    On Team Ball:
    Randy Choate
    Jamey Wright
    Hanley Ramierez
    Clayton Kershaw
    I tried to get Hanley and Kershaw to sign on the sweet spt as teh ball is pretty much full and neither would, they signed small in side spots. we already have mattingly on it in the middle of a panel so we need a coach for the sweet spot, Maybe Davey lopes or Trey Hillman next year.
    Sam got :
    Matt Kemp 1/1 on the SIlver Slugger card with Eithier. Looks great!!!
    Oh and Phil Niekro was appearing at Braves Alumin Sundays: 1/1, 1/1 a bobble head signed that we traded for but he was not inscribing HOF 97 so we need to get it filled in another time and '85 Donruss.
    I know someone who went through the line three times in one hour. Oh well.
    Overall a great quality of 'graphs but no Mattingly. Ugh

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey great to hear your dodger successes, I've yet to get billingsley or kershaw trying to graph the dodgers in San Diego in over 2 yrs outside of their hotel/stadium/ or inside the stadium, but in the 2 yrs I've been hardcore graphing I've got mattingly on 5 different occasions, sure you'll get him next yr I'm hoping to rack all the new dodgers myself when they hit San Diego on sept 25th, congrats again, and if you need any dodger tips I'll try to help as much as I can

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tony Stewart In Store Signing
    Office Depot, Northlake Mall area Atlanta
    August 29, 2012

One 2003 Diecast car that we picked up on EBay for $15. shippped:Tony Stewart Car.jpg

Not the best picture, but we never did this before.

We also had to buy a 9.99 poster as they had no promo items to give out and we were not going to let this pass and not get two items signed as we had two wrist bands. So we bought the poster. I wish we had gotten a bobblehead. I have to say the poster looks good though, cant get the file small enough to upload
    Tony stewart web image poster.jpg

Here is the web image of the poster our version is signed in the corner in silver Might actually put this one up in a frame.

We had to get our bands at 8:00 sowe arrived at 7:40 , still got Sam to school on time, went back after school, waited an hour and a half, and done in 20 minutes after he started.

I imagine If I was a bigger NASCAR fan I would care more, but I think he is one of the few BIG names that surpass just his sport and so I feel it was worth it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey great to hear your dodger successes, I've yet to get billingsley or kershaw trying to graph the dodgers in San Diego in over 2 yrs outside of their hotel/stadium/ or inside the stadium, but in the 2 yrs I've been hardcore graphing I've got mattingly on 5 different occasions, sure you'll get him next yr I'm hoping to rack all the new dodgers myself when they hit San Diego on sept 25th, congrats again, and if you need any dodger tips I'll try to help as much as I can

Thanks,
    I thought it was interesting that just about every player including the stars all signed. Even victorino signed at one point. Kershaw did not pitch this Homestand and Billingsley pitched on Sunday so they really had nothing to do on occasions. Kershaw signed Fri and Sunday and Sunday he signed alot. He was very strict though, no sweet spots , all photos and gear was personalized, and he took all comments a bit too seriously. Nice enogh of him to sign though. No qualms there. Billingsley agreed to sign for a pleasant female 'regular' while waiting to work in the Bullpen. He signed for 4 of us after that, but stayed hidden from most of the fans by the bullpen wall. He wasnt looking to engage anyone else.

Not rying to be negative just my observations. Very few Dodgers signed at times that alot of visting teams signed, befroe taking grounders, or after hitting but again, everyone signed and we did well.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast