Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Since 2001 more people have been shot and killed in Chicago than Afghanistan

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ghanistan.html

A funeral director in Chicago has revealed how young people in the city do not expect to live late into adult life, as the number of fatal shootings continues to surge.

The worrying revelation by Spencer Leak, Sr. came as it emerged that more people have been shot dead on the streets of Chicago this year than U.S. troops have been killed in Afghanistan.

'These kids don’t expect to live a full life,' said Leak, who carries out more than 125 funerals a year for homicide victims, many of whom are young adults and teenagers.

'You get about a thousand other kids who come to these funerals,' he told NBC. 'They see how it's celebrated and they think this is how I’ll be celebrated when I get shot.'

Since the start of the year, 144 U.S. soldiers have been killed on duty in Afghanistan, while at least 240 people have been shot dead in Chicago.

Over the course of the war since 2001, around 2,000 U.S. troops have died in Afghanistan compared to the 5,000 gunfire victims in the Illinois city.

Last weekend seven people were killed and 35 injured, while the weekend before eight were killed and 46 sustained injuries.

Overall, homicides have increased by 35 per cent compared to last year, while crime across the nation has decreased for the fifth year in a row, according to data from the FBI.

Chicago's murder rate is currently four times that of New York's and double that in Los Angeles.

'It’s a sad indictment on us,' Leak told NBC. 'I’m talking to at least two-to-three mothers a week whose kids were killed in the streets of Chicago, and I’m just one funeral director.'

Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel three weeks ago announced plans for combating street violence, including targeting liquour and convenience stores used by gang members as hangouts.

'Whether you are a problem business, a violent street corner, or a known drug market, we will go after you,' Emanuel said on May 31, after a weekend of 10 homicides in the city.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

And they think offering $100 for people to turn in guns will help them . Those folks who would turn them in are the ones who needs them .. Chicago needs to call in the National Gaurd .

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Yeah, they need MORE guns. That's the solution!! lol

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, they need MORE guns. That's the solution!! lol

It is proven that those states with Carry and Conceal permits that the violent crimes in those states have went down , How ironic is it that chicago is not one of those states ...

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

This doesn't say more people have been shot and killed in Chicago than Afghanistan, it says more people have been shot and killed in Chicago than American soldiers in Afghanistan.
    There's a pretty big difference, unless one only cares about Americans.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This doesn't say more people have been shot and killed in Chicago than Afghanistan, it says more people have been shot and killed in Chicago than American soldiers in Afghanistan.
    There's a pretty big difference, unless one only cares about Americans.

Its still not a very good statistic anyway you look at it , Any time more troops are killed in a war zone than a city street makes one wonder where is the real war zone .

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Its still not a very good statistic anyway you look at it , Any time more troops are killed in a war zone than a city street makes one wonder where is the real war zone .

Oh, I'm not saying otherwise, but the headline presents it as worse than it actually is and may be completely false if everything is taken to account.

I just don't want to start hearing people say, "More people have been shot in Chicago than have died in the Afghanistan war," because of it. This article says nothing even close to that.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@22collector See rtsportscards28's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

Not surprising. Thats all I have to say.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I feel what you are talking about. That is why our gov't needs to focus its recources on taking care of home instead of playing games in iraq and afganastan.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast