Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Custom Idea I dreamed up!

New Custom Idea I dreamed up!

So the new 2014 National Treasures came out recently and I saw there were only a handful of Bears RC's and RC Autos. I saw the Ego Ferguson card and I was like nice, but where's the auto, I thought? So lightning struck my brain and I knew Ego had a cheap leaf sticker auto and I had it but was gonna get a custom made by Jon and just do my usual sticker removal and replacement. Then it hit me why dont I just add the sticker to the National Treasures RC, but I thought it wouldnt look right. Then it hit me! I went to Hobby Lobby and got a small can of flat white model paint and broke out some painters tape. I blocked off a nice rectangle area big enough for the sticker to fit and sprayed from a distance with the paint. It came out freaking perfect and legit looking! I experimented on a cheap common card 1st of course. It came out money and I went with it. After it dried, I slapped the sticker on from the Leaf and the results are below. Came out awesome I think! I also tried a sharpie on the common I sprayed 1st and it looked great and soaked in with no smearing! Another great idea for dark colored TTM base cards. Enjoy!

Before with Leaf donor:

After with new life:
    Last edited by 34BoJackson16; 05-03-2015 at 11:02 PM.
    Super Collecting Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Ricky Williams, Roy Williams WR, Mike Alstott, Jordan Shipley, Vince Young (UT) (GU, patches, & autos only), 1999-2009 Elite UT Longhorns base, S/N and autos, Chicago Bears, and UT Longhorns.
    Hidden Content

great idea I have so many raiders cards that I cant sen dout because they are so dark and have black jerseys so I don't even bother because I know I wouldnt be able to see the auto. Thanks for sharing!

Quote Originally Posted by bobreaker50 View Post
    great idea I have so many raiders cards that I cant sen dout because they are so dark and have black jerseys so I don't even bother because I know I wouldnt be able to see the auto. Thanks for sharing!
    No problem, same here with the Bears Navy blue it's hard to see too.
    Super Collecting Greg Salas, Mike Davis. Collecting Ricky Williams, Roy Williams WR, Mike Alstott, Jordan Shipley, Vince Young (UT) (GU, patches, & autos only), 1999-2009 Elite UT Longhorns base, S/N and autos, Chicago Bears, and UT Longhorns.
    Hidden Content

More came in the mail today so I created another. I have always been a huge fan of Jared Allen and he has an auto in Bears uniform but they are impossible to find, so I created my own. These new National Treasures Monsters of the Midway are awesome, but they were missing an auto. I fixed that. Enjoy.

Plain Jane side by side with donor:

After a block and slight painted rectangle suttle but just right:

After finished product:
    Hidden Content

Genius idea.

"You wouldn't have won if we'd beaten you" - Yogi Berra

Quote Originally Posted by jaredthe79 View Post
    Genius idea.
    Thanks.
    Hidden Content

Mad another the other day. Martellus has no Bears auto so I made one.

NT w/ donor:

White shaded box made:

End result merged:
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by lilmezzy View Post
    Those are turning out amazing.
    Thanks, I did a couple of TTM auto's. I blocked off the area for the signatures and sent them off. Came out good, I think so. Easier to see the auto than most regular cards.

Ernie & Ted Koy, very fast turn around from both players.

Ted with a painted box.
    Hidden Content

I got a Bear via TTM in the other day that I did the paint on white for the auto since the card was really dark all around. It came out nice.

Waymond Bryant 1977 Topps RC:

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast