Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why do people feel the need to insult others who don't share their religious beliefs?

All thoughts and opinions are welcome.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

In life I do not see this. On this board, I see it constantly. My guess is that people feel confident in their ability to insult and attack because they are hiding behind a keyboard. Naming no one specifically, there are people on this board that would never have the spine to speak the words that they type.

On a more general level, people attack religions that are different from their own because people have become more and more confident in the idea that their opinion is superior to everyone else's. Rarely do you see anyone concede a point or admit that they have changed their thinking on a subject. Just like our society and political system, harmony does not exist anymore.

People like to talk about the importance of being considerate of others, but from what I have seen, the more a person portrays themselves as being a considerate and open-minded person the less considerate and open-minded they really are.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I think it is easier to say people must be wrong rather than look inward at what is going on.

I also think people like to attach christians and jews because we are easy going and will let it slide, but you do not see this with islam.

also those that are not strong in their religion will always cling to what others interpret the bible to say and attack those who do not agree.

once people start quoting the bible and saying it is Gods word, well I just smile, because I know they did not do their own homework, they just copied off someone else or had someone do it for them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

My spin on it is that most religious fanatics are really insecure in their own religious beliefs. So by insulting someone else's faith it makes them feel better about their own religious insecurities. It's kind of like the guy who goes around picking on gays because he is uncomfortable with his own sexuality.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

veggie I noticed your "dislikes" and noticed that you don't seem to have an issue with Christianphobia. Any reason why? You don't really think that only Jews and Muslims are attacked for their religious beliefs do you?

SCF Rewards
    Country

veggie I noticed your "dislikes" and noticed that you don't seem to have an issue with Christianphobia. Any reason why? You don't really think that only Jews and Muslims are attacked for their religious beliefs do you?

I have never heard of christianphobia before have you?

SCF Rewards
    Country

"Christanphobia"?

LOL.

No where near the REAL "Islamaphobia" displayed in this country.

Quite frankly, you can all believe whatever you want to.

But when you involve public schools, public areas, public policy, and MY life, that's where I have a problem!

BANNED

Country

Everything is always blamed on the Jews, not Talmudic Judaism. Almost no one goes around bashing-insulting people that follow the Talmud. People just hate Jews, because of God's promise to Abraham. Talmudic Judiasm is just like all the other religons, that is why so many globalists are in bed with the Talmudics.

The Jews get the blame for the actions of Rothschild, Bernake, Greenspan, Bloomberg ect. All those men get their morals from the Talmud, not the Tanahk.

To answer the posters orginal question.
    Jesus said alot of true things that insulted people. Why do you think they wanted wanted to stone him to death so many times? To shut him up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Darn. I thought it had cleared up, and now it flares up again.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Darn. I thought it had cleared up, and now it flares up again.

Hahahahaha

As to the question, the same reason people need to insult fans of other teams, supporters of other parties, people who like "the other" Cola, fans of bands they don't like, the list goes on.

People feel the need to insult each other over every single thing they disagree on. The amount of insults grows as passion for the topic grows. Being that religion is one of the always-hot-button-issues, people need to insult each other more than about, say, cola.

Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast