When I was 4 and my brother was 12 we wrote a letter and sent it to the Michael Jordan fan club. This is what we got in return.

For years I have wondered if it was authentic. It's not a preprint or an autopen. It's a legit hand-signed sharpie signature. My gut tells me that it's probably a secretarial, just because the auto looks a little off. Then again, there's a few things working in my favor:

1. MJ's auto changed a lot over the years. This is postmarked from Chicago on August 5, 1992. Almost 20 years ago now!

2. I've never seen another one of them. I've seen the preprinted letter, but never the little slip with the auto. You would think that if they were secretarials they would have been pumping them out and there would be quite a few out there.

I would probably never sell it, so I don't really care either way. I figure PSA and JSA wouldn't authenticate it. They barely authenticate legit looking MJ's, let alone ones that are a little weird.

So, let me know what you think. No hurt feelings if you think it's not authentic.

Here's the only similar 'With the Compliments of' card I've ever seen online, though it's unsigned.

S6301057 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

P.S. If it is legit, is that the cleanest looking MJ auto you've ever seen or what?!