Inventory Bulk Editing

Great application! Thank you for the work and maintenance required to keep this running.

One thing I would suggest, unless it is already possible and I am a bonehead, is on the My Inventory tab, being able to check the check box for multiple items and being able to assign them to your PC, Want List, or Traders in bulk as you can to delete them currently.

Keep up the great work!

-Jason
    Hidden Content Hidden Content | Hidden Content
    Anything PC is available for the right deal. Thanks for looking!
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by JayT_59 View Post
    Great application! Thank you for the work and maintenance required to keep this running.

One thing I would suggest, unless it is already possible and I am a bonehead, is on the My Inventory tab, being able to check the check box for multiple items and being able to assign them to your PC, Want List, or Traders in bulk as you can to delete them currently.

Keep up the great work!

-Jason
    First there is two section under the My inventory tab, The card page and teh cardset page. Action are coded only for cards you have at the moment. On any cardset page that can be access via the card search page by clicking on the cardset name of the card, there you can do this for cards you have to set to PC. Not coded yet on the card page, only on the cardset page. Also on the cardset page there are other action that can be done. One other action on that page is to edit multiple card all at once. It work like a spread sheet and you can select all the cards you onw and change the PC check box, Not check is equal to trader and check become a PC. You can laso edit the quantity and user value.

For the want list, if you collect a player and want to add all the cards you do not have, there is a way to do this, Use the link :
    Player indexing (Search)

Search for the player, click on add to PC. What this does is add a fast link to all his cards and a stats page for that player. This appear on the right column in the My inventory tab. Then hit the stats page and there is a section to sychronise the want list and if you add some cards and not sure if you remove the want list when you added it or if you want the newer cards to be added to your list, you synchronise it again. It will remove any card you added since the last time and all newer cards release since.

For the rest this is planed in the future but not any time soon as now I am working on other project.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

One way it might be easier to bulk add cards to the PC or wantlist is to put the checkbox next to the cards after you've done a set search. Then you can simply check off the cards you want and use the drop down menu to perform an action. I see the fast entry page does this, but it would be nicer to see the card name, number, etc. when adding them and you wouldn't have to leave the setlist page. I think it would be more intuitive as well. I believe this is similar to what Jason is asking above too.

Thanks for all your hard work, the Inventory Manager is great! I understand you've got a lot of projects going on right now and Inventory Manager changes may have to wait.

Quote Originally Posted by Deckard7 View Post
    One way it might be easier to bulk add cards to the PC or wantlist is to put the checkbox next to the cards after you've done a set search. Then you can simply check off the cards you want and use the drop down menu to perform an action. I see the fast entry page does this, but it would be nicer to see the card name, number, etc. when adding them and you wouldn't have to leave the setlist page. I think it would be more intuitive as well. I believe this is similar to what Jason is asking above too.

Thanks for all your hard work, the Inventory Manager is great! I understand you've got a lot of projects going on right now and Inventory Manager changes may have to wait.
    I have to choose on making action on card you have already OR or card you don't have. I choose to do action on card you already have in there like delete or set to PC etc..

But it not possible to do action on both card one may have and on card one does not have. So this is more complex then just saying it would be cool. The issue come that we use tow tables to show cards and when I perform action on card you have it can't work with card you do not have.

But I will not be coding this year in the inventory as the priorty is oin the storefront. The only change I will do in the inventory is for moving cards from the inventory to the store. I am already aware of this as it's been suggested many time but since I am not working any time soon. no need to discuss it. When I get back active coding in the inventory then I will look at solution. maybe a check mark that would toggle actions on card you do not have and that you can toggle back to action on cards you have but impossible to have them both in the same form as this is what check box is about.
    Hidden Content

OK, thanks for the reply. I'm learning how to use the Inventory Manager to do things faster now after I've played with it some.

I'll wait until you have time to work on it before suggesting anything else.

The thing is most suggestion have already been made and even before they were made I already had placns to do those change one day. But the inventory/storefront/trade manager and TTM manager are all appication I coded from scratch and alone. These are now beast of application after developping them over the past 4 years. It getting more and more complex and yet I am the only one to have written line of codes. So everything take time. I also have to answer staff and members. So I can do so much. Now the focus is really to open the real cash store fro this automn and make sure this all runs well. Then I will be able to pull out all my ideas I have to improve the inventory. It's just a question that now I can't commit time but already know I that would benifit this application. I even started to code this inventory on my personal site in early 2008 and being a card collector myself and having the capability to code the feature, when I feel the need for something, it not long my head get to work on how this could be done. Like a few week ago. I had a trade in the making for 117 cards I would receive so instead of typing all the cards I decided to create a trade tools to prepare a list of incoming and outgoing cards and a month later I ended up rewritting a new version of the trade manager to incorporte batch removal or adding incoming cards for the inventory. and it work pretty well once you learn how it works. also person not using the inventory can also use it and the other does not need to use any of this to work for you.

But because of the storefront. I needed to create a link between the store and the trade manager as all sale will end up in the trade manager. Since I coded the new version of the trade manager, now on a storeitem list, it's easy to add set this item as ship as I laready written this function. same to leave feedback. So a seller will be able to track all sale from the storefront and never have to go in the trade manager but if he his a old time member maybe he will prefer to do it directly in teh trade manager. SO I really need to code it and I did because I need this for the store and in doing so I made improvement on what I show in the trade manager. Mainly things member have complained for years. So now was the time to add this new feature into it.

So the programming team is me and can do so much in a week. Lucky that we have member that step up to help entering the cards in the database as we have about 10 person working on entering cards alone and fix errors reported by member. Also we are always looking for new prospect in that area to help out
    Hidden Content