Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Roll Call

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Roll Call

Hey guys check this out. As a lot of you know my computer at home is down right know so that is why I don't come on here that much during the weekend. However a good friend of mines is letting me hold her computer for a little bit so I am able to come on here. That being said I was reading that christian discussion started by gorilla and it gave me an idea. I'm going to attempt something that has never been done on here before. I am suggesting sort of a roll call. Use this thread to introduce yourself and tell what your religious and political views are, if you ever tried any other religions and why you believe what they are. The catch is you cannot bash any other religions or political views. I will start first. I am currently 37 years old and live down south in the united states in the state of georgia, not too far from everyone's buddy intimidator2007. I often lean democratic but am neither a registered democrat nor republican. I believe in voting for the man (or woman) and never the party. I believe in everyone having all of their constitutional rights including freedom of speech, religion, the right to bear arms and the right to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. As far as my religious views I have always believed in God. I grew up baptist but have tried different forms of christianity as well as islam among others. I current attend a christian church here in georgia but am always looking for ways to become closer with God and if that includes changing religions so be it. Enough about me who else want to join in?
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 06-30-2012 at 03:16 PM.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Political views: lean slightly more liberal, but not extreme one way or the other
    Religious views: Jewish, but not big into religion. Don't really believe in it, and don't mind what peoples views are as long as they don't shove it onto others.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Okay, here goes. I am a 46 y/o Canadian. If I was an American I would definitely be a registered democrat. In most instances, I am more likely to be on the side of the "greater good" then I am on the side of "individual freedoms".

I was raised in a Protestant household (Anglican denomination). Went to Sunday school. Attended church irregularily after we moved to a rural setting. Was confirmed at the age of 12. Attended church on holidays only until I moved out on my own. With the exception of Sunday school, I have never believed anything a church leader has told me. Neither of my daughters have seen the inside of a church. On a percentage basis I would say I have a 5% belief in a higher power. With that said, I am 99% certain that those that follow and lead religions around the world have no knowledge of this higher power. I think I understand why humans as a whole choose to believe in a diety, I am baffled as to why they do so on an individual basis.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sure, I'll participate as well:

I'm 24 years old, I am 100% Independent, I don't believe in the FALSE DICHOTOMY that is the two party American political system, although I did consider myself a Democrat basically all my life, however; I've become disillusioned by the way the Democrats have handled themselves in these past 4 years.

I was an Evangelical Christian for 15 years (From ages 7-22). When I turned 20, I started doubting my faith, the bible, and the Christian church. However, I still remained a Christian and I believed that God was indeed real.

My de-conversion began when I started watching YouTube debates between Christian Apologetics and Atheists.

The Atheists just made so much more sense, they approached the questions with reason and logic and they always used facts and evidence to support their claims, whereas the apologetics simply played word games and the old age "You can't disprove god" claims.

Afterwards, I did extensive research on Evolution, the Big Bang Theory, and a little bit on Abiogenesis.

To say the very least, the evidence for Evolution is OVERWHELMING, and once I opened my mind and focused on finding the truth I saw that I could no longer believe in God, the Bible, or any other religion.

This process took 4 years!

And to be perfectly honest, I still have many questions and I believe my search for real truth will probably go on until the day I die.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Politics: Social liberal, economic conservative

Political affiliation: None. The party system robs the people of true democracy in my eyes. As long as there are partisan politics, no one is ever really getting what they think they're voting for.

Atheist: No.

Religion: None. I don't accept organized religion.

Favourite Beer: Alexander Kieth's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Citizenship: Earth

State of residence: Texas. Previously lived in Massachusetts, Ohio, and Iowa

Occupation: Hockey broadcasting and media relations, small business owner.

Marital status: Married five years

Eyes: Two

Hair: Some

Political views: Lower-case "L" libertarian

Religion: Buddhist-Atheist. Closely associated with Unitarian Universalists. Was baptized a Lutheran. Parents are ELCA Lutheran (dad) and Pagan (mom).

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Boston Bruins
    See PizdecInc's Items on eBay

Political view : im active in "vänster partiet" in sweden, pretty much as far to the left you can be without being a commie.

Religious view : dont know, i dont believe in God, but i do believe in something higher. i believe quite a bit in karma, "Do unto others as you would have them do to you" sort of thing.

Occupation : Sony mobile communications. Global Learning & Organisational Development coordinator.
    Last edited by Frantiic; 07-01-2012 at 04:16 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Political View: Window watcher, meaning I look in through the glass and try to see both sides and see if there is any view I would be comfortable with. As of now, none.

Religious View: I do believe there is a God. Do I preach it or persuade others? No. I listen to all sides and share common beliefs. Don't attend church b/c I find it pointless to join others in a common place when I can do it privately within my home.