Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this shill bidding?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 13stepper's Items on eBay

Is this shill bidding?

Hey guys,

I was winning this auction until some "funny stuff" happened this morning and I decided to retract my bid.

I was the highest bidder with $65. Outbid by $65.75. I bid $75, I was the highest bidder again at 66.75. Then this guy with 568 feedback(look at the bidding history and you will know who I'm talking about) bids 2 times, then the third time becomes the highest bidder. He immediately retracts that third bid to max me out at my $75 bid. leaving his other 2 bids standing.

Oh yeah the guy with 568 feedback has a 50% bidding activity with this seller and 12 bid retractions as well.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/130719283070?...84.m1431.l2649

Am I paranoid? I would really like this card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dmaksymyshyn's Items on eBay

I say you got hosed out of $10.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I say you got hosed out of $10.

It's not the $10 I gladly bid to $75 and would've bid higher it's the principle of it and I don't like it. Do u think it's suspicious?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See samo6575's Items on eBay

I think it is very suspicious and I do think it is shill bidding.
    Flickr: Hidden Content

Looking for Penguins, HOF Autos, Vintage Memorabilia. Aswell as any Guentzel and Murray Rookie Autos, Top Player Autos and Always looking for Decent Young Guns

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

this is why i wait till the last minute to place a bid. Shilling at its finest

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Any Retraction by a bidder after you react and go higher than him especially with his first bid on the auction is 99% of the time a shill.

Upon reviewing his bid behavior you find a repeat pattern of of bidding and retraction - a definite shill.

SCF Rewards
    Country

And the shill bidder won the auction, im so pissed right now. I'm going to keep my eyes on this sellers feedback to see if there is a possibility it wasn't shill bidding.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (12)
    Country
    See nucksforcup's Items on eBay

on ebay click advanced(next to search) then click by bidder enter your ebay name and check Include completed listings (last 30 days) this will give a list of all auctions you have been involved in and the winners name. Find auction with shiller and get his name. And then you can check his auctions to see if he gets feedback from the seller

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 72bigcountry's Items on eBay

this is why i wait till the last minute to place a bid. Shilling at its finest

I'm the same way

SCF Rewards
    Country

on ebay click advanced(next to search) then click by bidder enter your ebay name and check Include completed listings (last 30 days) this will give a list of all auctions you have been involved in and the winners name. Find auction with shiller and get his name. And then you can check his auctions to see if he gets feedback from the seller

Perfect, thank you!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast