Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Upgrade Tomorrow: 6am - 11am

After months of hard work, SCF will be upgrading the forums tomorrow from 6am - 11am. The goal is to do the upgrade during off peak hours. This upgrade will have many benefits to include a front page, mobile application, a securer website and dozens of other benefits. I will detail all of these benefits after the upgrade with updates and tutorials.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet

SCF Rewards
    Country

After months of hard work, SCF will be upgrading the forums tomorrow from 6am - 11am. The goal is to do the upgrade during off peak hours. This upgrade will have many benefits to include a front page, mobile application, a securer website and dozens of other benefits. I will detail all of these benefits after the upgrade with updates and tutorials.

That sounds awesome. Does that mean the site will be offline from 6am-11am or will it just be slow?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Very cool can't wait to see what will be different

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

That sounds awesome. Does that mean the site will be offline from 6am-11am or will it just be slow?

Yes, off line.

This is a major upgrade and in the coming days, certain add-ons may be offline until we re-install them or tweek them if any issue arise. So things like My Post/My Thread may not be available as soon as we reopen the forum. Also we will need time to tweek things around and have it like we all like things to be since this version is very defferent then the 3.X version. So the coming weeks, we will work on tweeking all little details.

We also plan to release a new version of the trade manager, rewritten from ground up by me and will be located in the SCF Inventory/Storefront interface and will have it's own tab when it goes live, probably next week.

It work very much the same as the old one but under a new layout and with added feature and less confusion on MSF with added trader rating and positive percentage received. So it will be more obvious directly in the trade manager, who we are trading with. Also Inventory users will be able to use the inventory to select incming cards and out going cards and tie them to a trade so that they can mass remove all cards involved and same for incoming cards. ALso if the other trader use the inventory and had scan of the image, using this tracking card device will also transfer a copy of their scan for incoming cards. This iwll also mean it will be easier for me to make changes to the trade manager when needed.

The SCF inventory/storefront will also be closed during the forum upgrade.

Also mobile version will now be available for the forums only ...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes, off line.

This is a major upgrade and in the coming days, certain add-ons may be offline until we re-install them or tweek them if any issue arise. So things like My Post/My Thread may not be available as soon as we reopen the forum. Also we will need time to tweek things around and have it like we all like things to be since this version is very defferent then the 3.X version. So the coming weeks, we will work on tweeking all little details.

We also plan to release a new version of the trade manager, rewritten from ground up by me and will be located in the SCF Inventory/Storefront interface and will have it's own tab when it goes live, probably next week.

It work very much the same as the old one but under a new layout and with added feature and less confusion on MSF with added trader rating and positive percentage received. So it will be more obvious directly in the trade manager, who we are trading with. Also Inventory users will be able to use the inventory to select incming cards and out going cards and tie them to a trade so that they can mass remove all cards involved and same for incoming cards. ALso if the other trader use the inventory and had scan of the image, using this tracking card device will also transfer a copy of their scan for incoming cards. This iwll also mean it will be easier for me to make changes to the trade manager when needed.

The SCF inventory/storefront will also be closed during the forum upgrade.

Also mobile version will now be available for the forums only ...

Wow that is awesome. So let me get right. Trades will be done in the inventory manager. Then the cards traded will be added to the new owners inventory and removed from the old owners? That would be so cool. Will an area to add dc numbers be available?

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Wow that is awesome. So let me get right. Trades will be done in the inventory manager. Then the cards traded will be added to the new owners inventory and removed from the old owners? That would be so cool. Will an area to add dc numbers be available?

The new trade manager work exactly like the old one where you can enter DC and delivery date and will do the exact same interaction sending PM etc.. But it has added featrue and a new layer that interact with the Inventory. So all that was there before is still there.

It's actally like a new section I added to the trade manager. so it will need some getting use to it and not automatically. Let's say the other trader posted the trade the old way. Then I have nothing to know what cards are involve as you know how some write cards. So the new section is called Inventory Tracking Tool. So when creating a new trade (ie Post a trade) you will be asked the trader username and be presented with two choices.

Post a trade in the trade manager.
    This work like the old trade manager and will be presented with X will send and Y will send boxes along with upload a image box. then when you filled that in the trade is posted and in state Awaiting user to confirm.

Or
    Create a new Inventory tracking tool.
    This actualy is not creating a trade in the trade manager but really deal with table in the inventory database as the forum database is a different one. Then when you create a new inventory tracking tool, you can add and remove cards from either the public inventory section, so if a member use it you can browse his inventory and click on the TIN link that means trade in. By default when you create a tracking tool it is set as the default one. So you can build a list with someone and then hit the trade manager and set a other tracking tool as default and then you can add outgoing or incoming cards on this other trade you are working on. Also this work for anybody not using the inevntory, They can build trade list and delete them later if not use to post a trade.

Now let say you build a trade, you can go back, remove or add cards, update the BV even if you do not have them in the inventory and it will add up both side of the trade to give you a idea. Now let say the PM are over and the other member posted the trade. You go back to the inventory tracking record, enter the trade ID and then it's link to the trade and can now have access to a button that let you remove or add cards as the trade advance. Let you sell all incoming to PC and only inherit images if the other had a scan in the inventory.

Alternatly if you post the trade the in the tracking tools, you have a button to create the trade and tow boxes X will sen and Y will send where you only write additional text like if you sell a card you add this card TOUT and then in the other trade will send box you can enter will pay $20 USD paypal. No need to put the cards listed as this will be automaticaly appended to the will send box on each side. SO all you need to pu is either nothing if only the cards listed on each side is needed or add like this card X as a corner bent or anything other then the card listed

Now the card will list with BV if you enter them and a total cards sent along with BV for each side.

Then in time I can keep improving it. But already will be a moajor upgrade

The trade page will have 2 column one that list the trade like when you click on the trade manger button and on the right column, you will have the trade manager when it not in the tracking tool section, as we know it with blue backgroun and under it in the same column, if you used the tracking tool the cards will be listed with button to move the cards. Once moved, you can't move them again, the button disappear. but the cards still list. Also if you see blue color this mean you have the card in the inventory like in My Inventory. So if you add cards to trade in and then review the list, if the back is not yelow and white alterning and is blue, this mean you do have the card. Help to not make mistake if you do use the public inventory of someone else.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 07-02-2012 at 07:56 PM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Giants New York Yankees New York Rangers

Great work all! Look forward to it!

Page 1 of 18 123411 ... LastLast