Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 54 of 461 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104154 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Exactly what are you implying?

Not implying anything. Marines have been chosen by the people of the USA as the designates "First To Die' Every nation that feels that they have warriors, have a segment of their armies that will march to certain death when told to do so. The US Marine fulfills this role for rich paranoid politicians back home.

Educated segments of populations do not proscribe to an ordered life of possible death outcome like a Marine does. An educated man does not become a Marine, as he realizes what that role is.

Every real good army in history has had a segment of working class grunt willing to march to death, or willing to kill without thought or consequence, the Marine provides this.

If you set the bar too high for entry into the US Miltary, you run the risk of having a large base of willingly trained assassins, or killers.

Educated men do not kill like uneducated ones.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-20-2013 at 01:59 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Not implying anything. Marines have been chosen by the people of the USA as the designates "First To Die' Every nation that feels that they have warriors have a segment of their armies that will march to certain death when told to do so. The US Marine fulfills this role for rich paranoid politicians back home.

Educated segments of populations do not proscribe to an ordered life of possible death outcome like a Marine does. An educated man does not become a Marine, as he realizes what that role is.

Every real good army in history has had a segment of working class grunt willing to march to death, or willing to kill without thought or consequence, the Marine provides this.

If you set the bar too high for entry into the US Miltary, you run the risk of having a large base of willingly trained assassins, or killers.

Educated men do not kill like uneducated ones.

This may not be popular, but it isn't entirely wrong.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

If he would have said that the first time it would havebeen more accetpable than the first comment.Obviously using the military for a political soapbox.There are those who respect the men and women who serve and protect our country.
    This may not be popular, but it isn't entirely wrong.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

If he would have said that the first time it would havebeen more accetpable than the first comment.Obviously using the military for a political soapbox.There are those who respect the men and women who serve and protect our country.

Hey, I do. I respect a fair amount of not-so-brights for many reasons. Recognizing that someone is dumb is not disrespect if it's a fact and, as he laid everything out, it's usually a fact. There is no branch of the military that makes a secret of recruiting idiots, let's be honest. Idiots are easy to control and the best soldier is the easiest to control, it's just how it works.

That isn't saying I don't respect them. Many are very smart people who feel a duty or obligation to their country. The majority though, I would bet are dim in every area but military, but it's like the stupid football player stereotype. It exists for a reason; those guys are dumb...until you put them on a football field, then they're downright scientists compared to the average joe.

Saying the military is made up of mostly dim people isn't an insult. I don't have any numbers, but I would bet that's the way it's been, generally, for all time. Hice is right, smart people don't march to their death.

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

Not a soapbox at all. Fact.

Don't let your judgement be clouded by the behaviour of a country who have told their front line fighting force that they may all die in combat, yet the input on behalf of these individuals is required for the military to succeed. Where the soapbox comes in, is that said country telling it's fighting force that they are being wronged by everyone, and that the World is a much more paranoid place than it actually is.

Countries that have a large fighting force that is willing to die immediately with no questions asked, are lied to by their country on a daily basis, no matter whom that country is.

You could never get anyone so willing to die if all truths were told.
    Last edited by centrehice; 02-20-2013 at 04:02 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So what does all your ramble have to do with the need of a ged or not?The original post was the insult.Now with the insult hitting you can go on your soapbox rant,which you did nicely may i add.But the original quote was insulting.Just my opinion though so no biggie
    Not a soapbox at all. Fact.

Don't let your judgement be clouded by the behaviour of a country who have told their front line fighting force that they may all die in combat, yet the input on behalf of these individuals is required for the military to succeed. Where the soapbox comes in, is that said country telling it's fighting force that they are being wronged by everyone, and that the World is a much more paranoid place than it actually is.

Countries that have a large fighting force that is willing to die immediately with no questions asked, are lied to by their country on a daily basis, no matter whom that country is.

You could never get anyone so willing to die if all truths were told.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hmm smart people don't march to their death.Now i could be wrong and if I am please correct me but the nut jobs that took down the towers they were college educated in the US and US military trained.Now granted they did it for religion but they are still military correct???
    Hey, I do. I respect a fair amount of not-so-brights for many reasons. Recognizing that someone is dumb is not disrespect if it's a fact and, as he laid everything out, it's usually a fact. There is no branch of the military that makes a secret of recruiting idiots, let's be honest. Idiots are easy to control and the best soldier is the easiest to control, it's just how it works.

That isn't saying I don't respect them. Many are very smart people who feel a duty or obligation to their country. The majority though, I would bet are dim in every area but military, but it's like the stupid football player stereotype. It exists for a reason; those guys are dumb...until you put them on a football field, then they're downright scientists compared to the average joe.

Saying the military is made up of mostly dim people isn't an insult. I don't have any numbers, but I would bet that's the way it's been, generally, for all time. Hice is right, smart people don't march to their death.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK back to funny signs like the thread was meant for

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Hmm smart people don't march to their death.Now i could be wrong and if I am please correct me but the nut jobs that took down the towers they were college educated in the US and US military trained.Now granted they did it for religion but they are still military correct???

Well, that depends on your definition of "military" and whether you consider "educated" and "smart" to be the same.
    We all know smart people can do dumb things, but one need be brainwashed (or suicidal) to willingly die for a cause. The problem is looking for one thing to describe the intentions of an entire group. There are exceptions to everything, that much is implied in any statement (or should be). What we have here is Hice making a general statement, and me agreeing, followed by you coming up with a very specific example. That makes it two different conversations.

Not insulting you or anything, but it really bothers me when people do that. Someone makes a general statement about a goup, which we all know have exceptions, and someone else stands up and starts giving specific example of exceptions as if the miniscule number of exceptions says anything against the generalization.
    It doesn't. Generalizations cover the majority, or an idea thereof anyway. Unless you can prove to me that over half the military in the world is college educated, this is a useless branch of conversation.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

OK back to funny signs like the thread was meant for

Facts and logic like "a woman's body has ways of shuitting that whole thing down" or "some girls, they just rape so easy"?

Because those are confusing statements.

Page 54 of 461 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104154 ... LastLast