Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 55 of 461 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

I am not saying or talking about the education of the military.I am talking about a soldier who stands up for my freedom and my childrens freedom and defend my country.Yes like anything there is corruption and other nonsense but the bottom line is they risk their lives for me.HAVE YOU EVER SERVED OR HAD A LOVED ON SERVE.I have and thats where my appreciation comes in.Of course maybe you do not fear someone coming in your back yard.
    Well, that depends on your definition of "military" and whether you consider "educated" and "smart" to be the same.
    We all know smart people can do dumb things, but one need be brainwashed (or suicidal) to willingly die for a cause. The problem is looking for one thing to describe the intentions of an entire group. There are exceptions to everything, that much is implied in any statement (or should be). What we have here is Hice making a general statement, and me agreeing, followed by you coming up with a very specific example. That makes it two different conversations.

Not insulting you or anything, but it really bothers me when people do that. Someone makes a general statement about a goup, which we all know have exceptions, and someone else stands up and starts giving specific example of exceptions as if the miniscule number of exceptions says anything against the generalization.
    It doesn't. Generalizations cover the majority, or an idea thereof anyway. Unless you can prove to me that over half the military in the world is college educated, this is a useless branch of conversation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I am not saying or talking about the education of the military.I am talking about a soldier who stands up for my freedom and my childrens freedom and defend my country.

Well, Hice was talking about the education of the average military member. So if that's not what you're on about, why are you posting?

That is the conversation at hand.

Yes like anything there is corruption and other nonsense but the bottom line is they risk their lives for me.H

No one is talking about corruption at all. Again, what conversation are you having?

AVE YOU EVER SERVED OR HAD A LOVED ON SERVE.I have and thats where my appreciation comes in.

THis is another one that bugs me. No I haven't served, so I must not appreciate the military at all, right? Wrong, that's just stupid. Like, incredibly moronic. Like the stupidity of that idea should be studied as to avoid such heinous stupidity in the future. Yet everyone seems to believe it. It's a weak tactic to try and shut people up. I'll explain again that I am not disrespecting anyone. That will probably fall on deaf ears as it already has a couple times, apparently.

Of course maybe you do not fear someone coming in your back yard.

No, I am not as paranoid as the average American, though that has nothing to do with anything, much like the rest of your post.

SCF Rewards
    Country

See here is where you are wrong.I am not trying to shut up anybody.Everyone has an opinion or an idea so they can say it.Just like you contradict everything that is said and put your spin on it.And that is fine I think you should put your knowledge towards a better forum than this one on a card trading site.You really should be looking into politics you have so much knowledge on how to change you should put it to use.Don't waste your effort on the card trading boards.
    Well, Hice was talking about the education of the average military member. So if that's not what you're on about, why are you posting?

That is the conversation at hand.

No one is talking about corruption at all. Again, what conversation are you having?

THis is another one that bugs me. No I haven't served, so I must not appreciate the military at all, right? Wrong, that's just stupid. Like, incredibly moronic. Like the stupidity of that idea should be studied as to avoid such heinous stupidity in the future. Yet everyone seems to believe it. It's a weak tactic to try and shut people up. I'll explain again that I am not disrespecting anyone. That will probably fall on deaf ears as it already has a couple times, apparently.

No, I am not as paranoid as the average American, though that has nothing to do with anything, much like the rest of your post.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Oh Wick never said you did not respect the military but if you do how about a little shout out to them.Give a little something to the men and women who make us safe.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Oh Wick never said you did not respect the military but if you do how about a little shout out to them.Give a little something to the men and women who make us safe.

You mean paramedics and firemen?
    Or do you mean the police?
    Or is it doctors and nurses?
    Or perhaps the people who grow our food.

We depend on a lot of people to keep us all safe. At the end of the day though, they made a choice to be there, just as the accountant made a choice to do what he does and provide the service he provides, keeping people financially safe.

Why do we only "shout out" to the military? Why do we support our troops, who get paid, but no one else working their jobs. Sure they have a much more dangerous job, but they did choose to be there. They're fighting to preserve "our way of life". I don't know about you, but when I look around at "our way of life" I see a selfish, thankless way of life based on consumption.
    If they're fighting for that, no thanks.
    If they're fighting for my freedom of speech, then my not saying anything about it is thanking them. Freedom of speech includes freedom of silence. By using that freedom, I am thanking them. Not using that freedom would be a slap in the face.

In grade 12, our Rememberance Day ceremony got moved indoors at the last minute due to rain. A lot of people were upset by that, saying that refusing to stand in the rain is a slap in the face to men who fought and died for our freedom. I took the opposite side. To not move the ceremony indoors would be a slap in the face. They fought and died so we could make that decision. They didn't fight so we could all be forced to stand in the rain. I'm pretty sure the handful of WWII vets in attendance at my school didn't want to stand in the rain.

The best thanks you can give to those who protect freedoms is to use them however you see fit and not pay attention when someone tells you you "should" or "have to" say or do something.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Don't bully me into reposting things!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You are correct it is not just the military and those you mention deserve gratitude also.Just seems due to political beliefs the military is bashed as are police.Nurses seem safe from attack
    You mean paramedics and firemen?
    Or do you mean the police?
    Or is it doctors and nurses?
    Or perhaps the people who grow our food.

We depend on a lot of people to keep us all safe. At the end of the day though, they made a choice to be there, just as the accountant made a choice to do what he does and provide the service he provides, keeping people financially safe.

Why do we only "shout out" to the military? Why do we support our troops, who get paid, but no one else working their jobs. Sure they have a much more dangerous job, but they did choose to be there. They're fighting to preserve "our way of life". I don't know about you, but when I look around at "our way of life" I see a selfish, thankless way of life based on consumption.
    If they're fighting for that, no thanks.
    If they're fighting for my freedom of speech, then my not saying anything about it is thanking them. Freedom of speech includes freedom of silence. By using that freedom, I am thanking them. Not using that freedom would be a slap in the face.

In grade 12, our Rememberance Day ceremony got moved indoors at the last minute due to rain. A lot of people were upset by that, saying that refusing to stand in the rain is a slap in the face to men who fought and died for our freedom. I took the opposite side. To not move the ceremony indoors would be a slap in the face. They fought and died so we could make that decision. They didn't fight so we could all be forced to stand in the rain. I'm pretty sure the handful of WWII vets in attendance at my school didn't want to stand in the rain.

The best thanks you can give to those who protect freedoms is to use them however you see fit and not pay attention when someone tells you you "should" or "have to" say or do something.

Page 55 of 461 FirstFirst ... 5455253545556575865105155 ... LastLast