Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 56 of 461 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

You mean paramedics and firemen?
    Or do you mean the police?
    Or is it doctors and nurses?
    Or perhaps the people who grow our food.

We depend on a lot of people to keep us all safe. At the end of the day though, they made a choice to be there, just as the accountant made a choice to do what he does and provide the service he provides, keeping people financially safe.

Why do we only "shout out" to the military? Why do we support our troops, who get paid, but no one else working their jobs. Sure they have a much more dangerous job, but they did choose to be there. They're fighting to preserve "our way of life". I don't know about you, but when I look around at "our way of life" I see a selfish, thankless way of life based on consumption.
    If they're fighting for that, no thanks.
    If they're fighting for my freedom of speech, then my not saying anything about it is thanking them. Freedom of speech includes freedom of silence. By using that freedom, I am thanking them. Not using that freedom would be a slap in the face.

The best thanks you can give to those who protect freedoms is to use them however you see fit and not pay attention when someone tells you you "should" or "have to" say or do something.

Great points

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

You are correct it is not just the military and those you mention deserve gratitude also.Just seems due to political beliefs the military is bashed as are police.Nurses seem safe from attack

Well nurses are women, right? (kidding!)

I'm not bashing the military and I don't bash the police. I speak out against many things both do and that is often seen as bashing but it is not.
    With that said, as many people as do bash these two groups, there are as many who claim both to be infallible, which is also incorrect. Also, when I (I can only speak for myself, though I do think this is generally true for most, though not all) speak out against "the military" or "the police" I am not talking about the individual in the foxhole or the officer on the street as so many convince themselves I am. I am talking about the people behind the desks making the decisions. The people who would never again get in a foxhole or walk a beat. The ones who allow the few incompetent individuals get away with (literally) murder. The low level individuals are just people doing jobs. Some of them simply aren't qualified, but are allowed in to stay anyway. It's not his fault he's incompetent, it's his superiors' fault for allowing him on the job. I hold no I'll will to any individual unless he's done something wrong.

People like me see those who defend the police and military at every turn and all costs the same way people like you see those who seem to criticize at every turn. At the end of the day though, it's a job and they chose it knowing what it entails. To that point, I'll make a big deal about thanking them when they make a big deal about accountants, mechanics and teachers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

BANNED

Country
    See skatesave's Items on eBay

So what does all your ramble have to do with the need of a ged or not?The original post was the insult.Now with the insult hitting you can go on your soapbox rant,which you did nicely may i add.But the original quote was insulting.Just my opinion though so no biggie

Not an insult at all. You are taking a truth that is fact, and turning it into a perceived threat that isn't there. Don't shoot the messenger.

If you have a problem with soldiers of little education dying first, and willingly so, tell that to your Pentagon and your Congress, they are the ones allowing that to happen, not me. I am only reporting it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thank you for your report.Hice you also mightbe wasting your talents on here.Surely a man of your knowledge and wisdom can do us a lot better in the world on a higher podium than a card trading web site.
    Not an insult at all. You are taking a truth that is fact, and turning it into a perceived threat that isn't there. Don't shoot the messenger.

If you have a problem with soldiers of little education dying first, and willingly so, tell that to your Pentagon and your Congress, they are the ones allowing that to happen, not me. I am only reporting it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

SCF Rewards
    Country

Originally Posted by centrehice
    Really?

I thought it was just turning 18. How do they get any Marines if you are required to have a GED?

And this is not reporting this is making a statement.The report came later after the initial insult.But hey its your opinion your entitled

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

an: I'm thinking you should join politics. You seem to have a handle on what everyone should be doing with their private lives. You'd be a shoe in for the Republican ticket!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Originally Posted by centrehice
    Really?

I thought it was just turning 18. How do they get any Marines if you are required to have a GED?

And this is not reporting this is making a statement.The report came later after the initial insult.But hey its your opinion your entitled

Actually, it was a question, not a comment.

Page 56 of 461 FirstFirst ... 6465354555657585966106156 ... LastLast