Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 99 of 461 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149199 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Actually he was part of the National Guard, not that being in the Coast Guard is a mediocre duty. Either way he served more time in the military his first day in than Clinton and Obama combined in their entire lives.

Where were Clinton and Obama during Vietnam and Desert Storm? Oh that's right. Clinton was draft dodging in England smoking pot and sexually assaulting his classmates. While our troops were fighting in Desert Storm Obama was spending his days as a "community organizer"...LOL Did you fight in desert strom? Or should we call you a "dodger" There was no draft during the desert storm war. So you are off base by suggesting that President Obama is a draft dodger.

Even if Bush had just been in the Coast Guard he still would have served his country more than Clinton and Obama combined.

Response in bold.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I didn't say Obama was a draft dodger. I said Clinton was. Read again. I didn't say anything about a draft during Desert Storm or Obama dodging the draft. I repeat, read again. Your point is entirely invalid.

And no, I didn't dodge the draft nor did I dodge service, I tried like hell to join, but was rejected based on a medical issue. I tried to enlist with the Army, Navy, Army Reserves, National Guard and even the Coast Guard, but was rejected because I am legally blind in my left eye.

So yeah, I have a bit of a chip on my shoulder about it when I hear some lib bash Bush for only serving in the Guard when the beloved liberal duo of Clinton and Obama didn't have enough spine between the two of them to even try and contribute.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    New York Yankees Los Angeles Lakers New York Giants
    See ajcorleone's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why does it even matter if they were in the armed forces?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

this...and "Serving Your Country" doesn't always mean going somewhere else and killing people. Working within the communities IN OUR OWN LAND is orten times a bigger service than going somewhere else and killing for money that you will never be a part of as a troop, or a US citizen. And sometimes it takes more guts to do it becasue it forces you to face up to what is the true reality in this land. Not everything the troops fight to protect is baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Cheverolet...

SCF Rewards
    Country

this...and "Serving Your Country" doesn't always mean going somewhere else and killing people. Working within the communities IN OUR OWN LAND is orten times a bigger service than going somewhere else and killing for money that you will never be a part of as a troop, or a US citizen. And sometimes it takes more guts to do it becasue it forces you to face up to what is the true reality in this land. Not everything the troops fight to protect is baseball, hot dogs, apple pie and Cheverolet...

I don't really think this answered my question. People are saying things like 'Clinton and Obama didn't have enough spine between the two of them to even try and contribute' but being in the armed forces is the be all and end all of serving your country. Surely a teacher or fireman serve the country just as much (if not more) than the armed forces.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Pittsburgh Steelers Cincinnati Reds
    See sxetnrdrmr2112's Items on eBay

I don't really think this answered my question. People are saying things like 'Clinton and Obama didn't have enough spine between the two of them to even try and contribute' but being in the armed forces is the be all and end all of serving your country. Surely a teacher or fireman serve the country just as much (if not more) than the armed forces.

I sort of wasn't trying to answer your question, but I agree with what you said here. I fee lik these kind of people serve our Country in a more direct and often way. I AM NOT slamming people in the military as I grew up in a military household (dad was a Marine Corps drill sergeant), but I do think that many others who serve to "protect our freedom" and keep us safe from harm get overlooked

SCF Rewards
    Country

I sort of wasn't trying to answer your question, but I agree with what you said here. I fee lik these kind of people serve our Country in a more direct and often way. I AM NOT slamming people in the military as I grew up in a military household (dad was a Marine Corps drill sergeant), but I do think that many others who serve to "protect our freedom" and keep us safe from harm get overlooked

+1

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Because the title Commander in Chief carries great responsibility. Putting someone with no military experience and no comprehension of how the military works in charge of the military is as asinine as putting someone who has never driven, ridden in or seen a car in charge of GM.

Put a man who dodged the draft in charge of the military, you get 8 years of doing nothing while a dictator massacres his people and launches attacks against US military aircraft and launches SCUD missiles at our allies. Put a man who spent his time "community organizing" instead of serving his country and you get ignorant promises like "...we will have our troops out of Iraq by March 31st of next year (2008)." or "We need to get out of Iraq and refocus our attention the war that can be won in Afghanistan."
    Last edited by duane1969; 04-03-2013 at 06:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

Page 99 of 461 FirstFirst ... 498996979899100101102109149199 ... LastLast