Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Post Boxer Evander Holyfield reprimanded by Big Brother after expressing homophobic views

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...bic-views.html

Retired boxer Evander Holyfield has been reprimanded by Big Brother after expressing his homophobic point of view.

The 51-year-old made the comments when Luisa Zissman asked him whether any boxers had come out as gay.

The former Apprentice star quickly tried to warn Evander to not continue what he was saying as he insisted being gay was a choice.

As they lay in bed Luisa, still handcuffed together, Luisa became increasingly concerned with what the devout born-again Christian was saying.

But Evander persisted saying: ‘All I’m trying to say, you know handicap people are born, you can’t say because they are born that way you can’t fix them.’

Luisa told the heavyweight that she didn't think the two things were comparable, but he maintained his view.

He said: 'Yes it is a choice. C'mon, how can you not say you ain't gay unless you sleeping with the opposite sex?'

He was then called to the Diary Room where he was told his behaviour was unacceptable and he was reminded that he had been told before entering the house that offensive comments would not be tolerated.

Evander tried to justify his comments saying he said he wasn’t going to mention it to anyone else, it’s just his opinion.

However, while he was the first Celebrity Big Brother housemate to receive an official warning, people took to Twitter to complain that the dressing down wasn’t enough of a punishment.

One user Andrew O’Connell wrote: ‘@bbuk Evander Holyfield & his bigoted & draconian opinions don't belong inside the big brother house or anywhere in 2014. Get him out!’

Twitter users also took expressed their shock at what he had said and to question why Channel 5 chose to air it.

User Liam Allen wrote: I just lost all of my respect for Evander Holyfield... What a disgusting thing to say.

Another called Jackeyy agreed: ‘Well that's all respect for Evander Holyfield gone out the window.’

Kirrsten wrote: ‘Evander Holyfield's comments were disgusting but Channel 5 were at fault too for showing the clip. They could& should have cut it out. #cbb’.

Since his conversion to Christianity, he started professing his faith everywhere, reminding the public before and after his fights that he is a born-again Christian.

A spokesperson for Channel 5 has been contacted for comment.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

I was waiting for this to be put on here.Now I am ready to the masses to defend him.Let us begin
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Just to be clear this is the UK Big Brother and not the US Big Brother if they still have that show here
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

US Big Brother is garbage. They lock everything and bleep everything.

The original Big Brother show 13 years ago was from Holland. The guy that won the first year went to the Dark Side with 5 of the 6 women in the house and they showed it all. You have to love the Dutch, nothing is off limits. Bless their hearts.
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

Want List:Hidden Content

Who cares really, Big Brother and shows like it are horrible and shame on anyone who actually watches trash like this thus allowing other trash TV shows to littler the airwaves. Its no wonder I quit watching TV, its just disturbing and disgusting. Only thing worse are those who appear on them.

You've never seen BB Holland, lol. There has never been anything on US or Canadian TV like that was. Fantastic Viewing. North American TV is too conservative and religious for what the Dutch show.

Not trash at all, healthy sex.
    Collecting many HOF Cards, Old OPC, Old Parkhurst, Old Topps.

Want List:Hidden Content

WHere are are activists or is Evander being let off the hook like Roy Hibbert and I forget last years football player?????
    Instead of running away please feel free to counter offer my offers.A deal can always be made

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

this may say it all
    Kirrsten wrote: ‘Evander Holyfield's comments were disgusting but Channel 5 were at fault too for showing the clip. They could& should have cut it out. #cbb’.
    Jay Shrewsbury
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by ajcorleone View Post
    WHere are are activists or is Evander being let off the hook like Roy Hibbert and I forget last years football player?????
    Sad to say, but I bet if he was white, the fire storm would be of epic perportions.

This also shows the hypocracy by many though..
    Last edited by GroundSupport; 01-07-2014 at 08:51 AM.

Thank you Ground for letting the elephant loose.THat is why I post it to see if people are as fair as they say.Obviously they are not.
    Quote Originally Posted by GroundSupport View Post
    Sad to say, but I bet if he was white, the fire storm would be of epic perportions.

This also shows the hypocracy by many though..

My Bucket
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast