Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    Post Wisconsin police ask residents to let them search inside their homes for hidden guns

    http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/news/285100291.html

    Officers are encouraging residents to call and volunteer to let officers inspect their homes for guns that might be there unbeknownst to the owners, according to a report from Wisconsin Public Radio. It's part of an effort to reduce gun violence in the city that has experienced seven gun homicides this year.
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

  2. #2
    I know that I have a huge stock of weapons unbeknownst to me..... Do gooders strike again.

  3. #3
    Sad part is there are actually morons who will willingly invite police into their home with no comprehension that they will be looking for ANYTHING to arrest you for. This is the Wisconsin version of the DUI checkpoint except it is them going through your home instead of your car.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Sad part is there are actually morons who will willingly invite police into their home with no comprehension that they will be looking for ANYTHING to arrest you for. This is the Wisconsin version of the DUI checkpoint except it is them going through your home instead of your car.
    Not the word I'd use but ok. They are just uneducated people & know nothing about their rights.
    Hidden Content
    Team Collector of Texas Rangers & Cincinnati Reds. Also other Stars like Evan Longoria & Matt Kemp......I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS-Hidden Content

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by texansrangerfan73 View Post
    Not the word I'd use but ok. They are just uneducated people & know nothing about their rights.
    Fair enough.

    From Dictionary.com

    mo-ron [mawr-on, mohr-]
    1. Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:
    2. Psychology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  6. #6
    Even the most anti-gun, pro-police individuals would have a real hard time justifying that the chance of finding "unknown" guns outweighs the privacy concerns of individuals. Anyone nave enough to allow the police to search their home thoroughly enough to find something they haven't already, deserves any outcome that may come out of it.

    I have a hard time believing this "request" is even real or serious.
    I am always looking for Habs cards seq #'d 24/xx
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    I use pennysleeve, toploader with a decoy card, team bag and bubble envelope. No PWE's

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by habsheaven View Post
    Even the most anti-gun, pro-police individuals would have a real hard time justifying that the chance of finding "unknown" guns outweighs the privacy concerns of individuals. Anyone nave enough to allow the police to search their home thoroughly enough to find something they haven't already, deserves any outcome that may come out of it.

    I have a hard time believing this "request" is even real or serious.
    Not only was it real http://www.wpr.org/beloit-police-ask...-searched-guns (there are lots of articles on it from various websites such as FoxNews, Infowars, WashTimes, etc.) the city manager has now reversed the request http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Governm...Homes-For-Guns

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


  8. #8
    I'm definitely pro-police but this is just NUTS. Police would not just be looking for guns, they would take an inventory of your house, to what degree I don't know, but the morons, yes Duane was right, morons that do this deserve what is coming. Good job Duane on thwarting the PC police.
    Beachbum

    References: The Bench 217 points, Sportscardfun 170 points

    Hidden Content

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by duane1969 View Post
    Fair enough.

    From Dictionary.com

    mo-ron [mawr-on, mohr-]
    1. Informal. a person who is notably stupid or lacking in good judgment:
    2. Psychology. (no longer in technical use; now considered offensive) a person of borderline intelligence in a former and discarded classification of mental retardation, having an intelligence quotient of 50 to 69.
    I just meant I couldn't have been so nice as to use the word moron. My description would have been much more harsh thus giving me another infraction that will never fall off like my first one that's all.

    P.S. No PC police was involved in this post or my other.
    Hidden Content
    Team Collector of Texas Rangers & Cincinnati Reds. Also other Stars like Evan Longoria & Matt Kemp......I trade by BV or @ least try to when available.
    Cards FT/FS-Hidden Content

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by texansrangerfan73 View Post
    I just meant I couldn't have been so nice as to use the word moron. My description would have been much more harsh thus giving me another infraction that will never fall off like my first one that's all.

    P.S. No PC police was involved in this post or my other.
    Oh, I totally missed that. Thought you were bothered by my use of the term. I would use harsher words too, but we have rules here so...

    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    "Amidst the uncertainties of war, every soldier is entitled to one certainty...that he will not be forgotten.
    Poor is the nation that has no heroes, shameful is the one that, having them...forgets."


Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •