Page 139 of 417 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 4167
  1. #1381
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Wouldn't that be an "infringement"?
    Not really. I'm kind of like you and don't like the all or nothing attitude of both sides of the gun argument. I stand in firm support of the second amendment but I would be ok with a few minor tweeks.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  2. #1382


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,763
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Not really. I'm kind of like you and don't like the all or nothing attitude of both sides of the gun argument. I stand in firm support of the second amendment but I would be ok with a few minor tweeks.
    But it means anyone who cannot afford insurance won't be able to obtain a gun. Would that not infringe their "right" to own a gun? Doesn't any sort of monetary charge infringe on that "right"? It doesn't say the rights of the people to buy a gun shall not be infringed, but own a gun.

    If it's a right, why doesn't the government give out a gun with every birth?

  3. #1383
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    But it means anyone who cannot afford insurance won't be able to obtain a gun. Would that not infringe their "right" to own a gun? Doesn't any sort of monetary charge infringe on that "right"? It doesn't say the rights of the people to buy a gun shall not be infringed, but own a gun.

    If it's a right, why doesn't the government give out a gun with every birth?
    That's just like any other insturment. If you cannot afford it you wont be able to buy it.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  4. #1384


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,763
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    That's just like any other insturment. If you cannot afford it you wont be able to buy it.
    Exactly. If it's a "right" to own one, then forcing people to buy one first in an infringement of the right.
    Just like voter ID laws are a poll tax.

  5. #1385
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    Exactly. If it's a "right" to own one, then forcing people to buy one first in an infringement of the right.
    Just like voter ID laws are a poll tax.
    Nice try try but wrong answer. A driver's liscence/state ID is purchased directly from the state. So you are paying the state for an item that you must have which is a round about way of having a poll tax which violates the 24th amendment. You are getting your firearms insurance from a prive company like allstate or state farm. Keep reaching you will grab on to something eventually.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  6. #1386


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,763
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Nice try try but wrong answer. A driver's liscence/state ID is purchased directly from the state. So you are paying the state for an item that you must have which is a round about way of having a poll tax which violates the 24th amendment. You are getting your firearms insurance from a prive company like allstate or state farm. Keep reaching you will grab on to something eventually.
    So if driver's licences were privatised you'd have no problem with voter ID laws?

  7. #1387
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickabee View Post
    So if driver's licences were privatised you'd have no problem with voter ID laws?
    Would they also be free to anyone who desires one?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

    Hidden Content

    Hidden Content

  8. #1388


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,763
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by mrveggieman View Post
    Would they also be free to anyone who desires one?
    Obviously not. But it wouldn't be a tax because the government wouldn't collect. You can go as far to make them tax exempt if you like. But what you're saying, as I understand you, is that taxation is an infringement, but capitalism is not.
    So with that in mind, actually answer a question, please.

  9. #1389
    TRADING FOR ALL JEROME BETTIS I NEED! Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Collecting Roethlisberger and Charlie Batch
    “The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows.”-Buddha

  10. #1390


    Wickabee's Avatar

    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    16,763
    Country
    Card Cash
    250.00
    Savings
    0.00
    Blog Entries
    2
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)

    View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    Quote Originally Posted by MadMan1978 View Post
    Easily?

Page 139 of 417 FirstFirst ... 3989129136137138139140141142149189239 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •