Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

September 11 attacks, Katrina top list of memorable TV moments

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Watching news coverage of the September 11 attacks, Hurricane Katrina disaster, and the O.J. Simpson murder verdict proved to be the most impactful TV moments of the past 50 years in the United States, according to a study released Wednesday. Television researcher Nielsen and Sony Electronics partnered to find which TV events were the most memorable for audiences. The Challenger space shuttle disaster in 1986 and death of Osama bin Laden rounded out the top five. ...

More...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I think I read this article yesterday and I was surprised to not see the "Moon Landing" on it. I was only three at the time so I do not recall watching it at the time but I was under the impression that it was on TV.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

interesting list. I found it to be pretty closely tied to my generation as far as what was listed. I remember most of those. I did find it odd that whitney houstons death was on there, but a lot of that surely has to do with timing and the fact that it just happened when they conducted the survey. I'd think Michael Jackson's death would rank way hirer than whitney's.

I found it funny that a lot of commenters on the article were complaining about certain things no ton the list. They seemed to fail to notice that it was a survey. Most of the people who took it weren't alive during the moon landing. That's why it's not on the list. Plus, people seem to remember things that happen out of the blue and aren't planned. Sure, the moon landing was huge but it was a planned event, like a sporting event.