Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Marvel Premier - $200 a Pack?

Got this from Upper Deck:

For years the Upper Deck Entertainment team has produced some of the most compelling and collectible Marvel trading cards in the industry. And now Upper Deck has decided to raise the bar in terms of what collectors can expect in a pack of Marvel trading cards announcing today at Comic-Con the company will release Marvel Premier on October 2, 2012. It will be the most premium comic trading card release of all-time with packs carrying a $200 suggested retail price tag.

So what comes in a $200 pack of Marvel trading cards? There are just four cards in each pack, but they all pack a punch! First fans will receive a premium base card on thick card stock from the 50-card base set numbered to just 99 copies. Next they will receive a one-of-one sketch card from top Marvel artists. The third card is an industry first where collectors will find a dual, triple or quadruple hinged sketch card. These are really remarkable trading cards and we will be releasing images of them soon. The fourth card will be either a “Classic Corners” card, a Shadowbox card or an “Emotion” booklet card by Jason Adams and NAR!

“For years we’ve seen die-hard Marvel fans pay big bucks for some of the premium inserts in our Marvel trading card lines,” said Jason Brenner, Upper Deck’s Marvel brand manager. “This is our first opportunity to provide them with a set of Marvel cards that are all high-end insert quality. This is certainly not a product for everyone which is why we are not making very much of it, but the fans it is targeted for are going to love it!”

Upper Deck’s 2012 Marvel Premier really is about the artists and the company has employed some of the best for this project including Cruddie Torrain, Jason Adams and Nar! Additionally there are new innovations besides the hinged sketch cards with Upper Deck’s Shadowbox cards making their debut in the entertainment realm. The “Classic Corners” subset is another one that comic fans will be sure to love that pays homage to some of the greatest Marvel comic corners of all-time in a premium patch card.

So get ready Marvel fans. Upper Deck is about to change Marvel trading cards as you know them for the better!

2012-Marvel-Premier-Base-Deadpoll-Card.jpg2012-Marvel-Premier-Classic-Corners-Fantastic-Four.jpg2012-Marvel-Premier-Shadowbox-Card-Galactus-vs-Fantastic-Four.jpg2012-Marvel-Premier-Sketch-Card-Babisu-Kourtis-Spiderman-Lizard.jpg

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not a comic guy and wouldn't spend $200 on a pack of anything, unless it was a pack of $300 cash.

However, those are really, really cool.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey if 600 dollar packs of cards sell (Exquisite) or 375 hockey (The Cup) I'm betting people will shell out 200 for the 4 card marvel pack. Hell it does sound pretty cool. 2 guaranteed scetch's per pack? Not that bad.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

So 50 base cards #'d to 99 and 1 base card per pack means there are 4950 packs, with a 1/1 per pack that's 4950 1/1's at a minimum. That a lot to flood the market with and a little ridiculous, this product will fall in value quickly one the market is flooded

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I can't tell if any of these cards are going to be of original artwork. It seems like they aren't. At $200 that is what I'd need to have in a pack to buy one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

We all have different things in the hobby that we collect so I would never knock another collector for buying what he/she enjoys but I personally wouldn't by this even if I collected this type of stuff. I just can't see myself paying $200 for a pack of cards that was just released. If I am ever going to pay top dollar for a pack of cards I'm going vintage.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404