Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

VP Biden is Middle Class?

Does it get anymore clueless than this?

Vice President Biden thinks he’s in the middle class, even though his income far exceeds the $250,000 threshold President Obama set for raising income taxes on the rich.

According to his 2011 tax returns, Biden and his wife Jill had an adjusted gross income of $379,000 last year. And that, Biden siggested Tuesday in remarks to the National Council of La Raza in Las Vegas, puts him squarely in the middle class:

"For middle-class folks like me and most of you, owning a home is maybe the single most consequential element of our existence to be able to provide for our families."

Read more:http://times247.com/articles/biden-c...#ixzz20cY3kbrS

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Did he really siggest that?
    That was good enough to stop me right there.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes he did:

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Personally, I think stems from where people come from. While the Biden's combined salary is in the top 1%, I bet is wasn't this way all of the time.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

And how does one "siggest" something.

I was referring to the fact that if they aren't even bother to put the story through spellcheck, nevermind actually proofreading it, why should anyone bother to read it?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I was referring to the fact that if they aren't even bother to put the story through spellcheck, nevermind actually proofreading it, why should anyone bother to read it?

So the video of him actually saying ti wasn't enough for you?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

So the video of him actually saying ti wasn't enough for you?

Enough for me to what?
    Last edited by Wickabee; 07-14-2012 at 06:22 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Enough for me to what?

Maybe he has a siggestion for you on something related to it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well, you can focus on spelling error or watch the video. The VP makes $400k and states he is middle class. Seems a little delusional to me.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, you can focus on spelling error or watch the video. The VP makes $400k and states he is middle class. Seems a little delusional to me.

No argument there, and I got it from the title of the thread and the title of the article what happened, but thanks. I never for a second doubted that it happened, which you seem to think I did. I don't know why you think that. Had I said something along the lines of, "Yeah right, he did not," then I could understand why you think that. But I didn't say anything close to that, so it must have been an assumption on your part. That's okay.

My point is, if you're going to go out of your way to nit-pick (who listens to anything Biden says in the first place) at least run it through spellcheck. Nothing bugs me more than lazy journalism and I refuse to read it. I don't need to watch the video, because I've figured out on my own what happened.

As to the comment itself, basically I look at this, shake my head and move on. Much as I would if it were Romney. I won't lie that, in American politics, I lean Democrat, but this is a non-issue. It's a gaff. VPs are supposed to make gaffs, remember Quail? Cheney was the exception, not the rule. It may say something relevant to the upcoming election, it probably doesn't.

One thing still remains though...enough for me to do what?

And on the topic of typos, I have no problem with typos, they happen. If I had a problem with typos, I wouldn't have replied when you wrote "ti" instead of "it", but I let that slide. Why? Because you're not putting on the appearance of being a professional publication, just like I'm not and I maek tupos alk teh tmie. I hate spellcheck. It's unreliable as all get-out, but even spellcheck would have caught this and corrected it. Not only did no one (author, another writer, editor) proofread this thing. If it's not worth the time for them to proofread it, why is it worth my time to read it? Simple answer: It's not.

So don't try to tell me I ignore things over typos. I'm ignoring that article over lazy writing/journalism. You know when you see a professional driver (taxi, trucker, etc) driving dangerously and it somehow seems worse because he's a professional? Same thing.
    Last edited by Wickabee; 07-14-2012 at 11:44 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast