Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mantle signed ball

SCF Rewards
    Country

Mantle signed ball

I have a Mickey Mantal signed ball. What is a reasonable amount I might get for it if I decide to sell it?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think there are a number of variables that come into play. Is it authenticated, if not do you know the history of the ball, are there any inscriptions, what is the condition of the ball and the signature itself, is it personalized, where on the ball was it signed, what was it signed with, is it an OMLB? I've seen them go for anywhere from $300-$800.

If the ball was signed with the last name of Mantal and not Mantle I think you would be looking at getting around $5. Just busting...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the info.

It is not authenticated, and there is no inscription. The ball and signature are in great condition, and not personalized. The ball was signed for a my father at a trade show he was attending a couple of years before Mantle died (the organizers brought Mantle in to do the signing). My dad has a picture of him getting the ball from Mantle somewhere, but I'm not sure if he can still find it. He signed a brand new ball with what looks to me to be a blue felt tip pen. I don't have the ball in front of me and can't recall where exactly it was signed. I'm not sure OMLB is.

I'm assuming he spelled his last name correctly, but again don't have it in front of me so will have to check (ooops).

So, should I decide to sell it, what would be my best approach? I'd think pretty hard about selling if I could get $500 - $800 for it. I know a dealer won't give me top dollar since he needs to make money on it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Would love to see a pic of the ball. I have a Mantle ball to. Love it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sure. I'll try to snap a pic and post it this evening.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Cool. Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

Once you get it authenticated, then you can start figuring out a ballpark price. Until then, only a knucklehead will buy it as he is one of the most forged autos in the business.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Once you get it authenticated, then you can start figuring out a ballpark price. Until then, only a knucklehead will buy it as he is one of the most forged autos in the business.

So I guess this brings up a couple other questions. First, how would a go about getting it authenticated? Is that something someone at a local memerobila store could do? And secondly, what's a ballpark cost for that?

Or maybe a better question is do you know any knuckleheads who want to buy a Mantle ball?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Send it to PSA/DNA. Best in the business. I think a Mantle auto is $100 bucks or so

SCF Rewards
    Country

pm on what your looking to get for it. thanks

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast