Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

A question for the atheists

Believe it or not I actually thought of this while I was at church. Check this out. I often hear atheists complaining about the books used by the big 3 religions. They say that the OT, NT, Koran have laws and customs that are unacceptable by todays standards not to mention downright barbaric, have errors and contradict themselves as well as speaking of things that are scientifically impossible and they want to use that as proof that God does not exists. I can respect that. Let's say for the sake of argument that the big 3 religions are indeed false. That does not prove that God is not real it only says that certian religions are false. Even if you don't like or agree with the big 3 have any of you ever considered finding God some other way. This question is directed for the atheists but anyone can respond. Also christians if you would like to respond please bring something to discussion besides christanity is the only real religion and the only way to salvation.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

veggie,

I missed this thread.

whether someone sees it as seeking god or an explanation of life, they both lead to the same direction, a singularity, a one.

and no one has anything to bring to the table as an absolute to prove who knows what.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Well, I admit there is no way to prove a higher power at this point. My concern is people ascribe themselves to their belief in god. When people describe a perfect being, they tend to describe themselves as perfect(What would I be if I were perfect?).

As for higher power, yeah, it a possiblity(it could be the universe for all I know). The personal gods most people describe are not real. If there is something more power then us, it is nothing that a human could comprehend at this point. I would like a better definition of what people are looking for in a god.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 07-08-2012 at 07:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

what you are looking for in a god? so it is like car shopping?

the only thing anyone could understand about god is god is where we all came from, whether directly or not, everything came from the one source.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

what you are looking for in a god? so it is like car shopping?

the only thing anyone could understand about god is god is where we all came from, whether directly or not, everything came from the one source.

And my point is prove it(god). As for car shopping, yes, I think that could be part of being human. Looking for meaning for this life in a higher power, instead of just appreciating just being alive. Appreciating all of the causal events leading to life on this planet and the life of each and every person.

SCF Rewards
    Country

you must not have ever read any of my posts, you challenge me to prove god, but yet you cannot prove anything else, seems fair.

so someone who believes in a god does not appreciate being alive, life itself, or the life of others?

we are a lost soul seeking something more important to us but we lack something?

perhaps those who do not seek anything are content of living blindly and following whatever comes along at the moment.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Are we really arguing burden of proof here?

Let's just say both or neither has the burden of proof. Better yet let's all at once agree that there is no absolute proof of anything and we're discussing belief which is subjective at best.

Even better, let's stop treating God-centered discussion as though it were a courtroom drama.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Possibility of the existence of God?

Sure, I can believe it.....with sufficient proof!

Unfortunately we have ZERO, whereas we DO have some evidenece for the origins of the universe and humans WITHOUT the possibility of god.

Regardless, Evolution, The Big Bang Theory, and Abiogensis does not disprove god.....but it does give the Naturalistic claim a LOT more evidence than the ZERO that the Supernatural claim has.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Possibility of the existence of God?

Sure, I can believe it.....with sufficient proof!

Unfortunately we have ZERO, whereas we DO have some evidenece for the origins of the universe and humans WITHOUT the possibility of god.

Regardless, Evolution, The Big Bang Theory, and Abiogensis does not disprove god.....but it does give the Naturalistic claim a LOT more evidence than the ZERO that the Supernatural claim has.

Until someone comes along and says those things were just God's method. Then you're right back to square 1, being unable to prove or disprove that claim to any degree.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

you must not have ever read any of my posts, you challenge me to prove god, but yet you cannot prove anything else, seems fair.

so someone who believes in a god does not appreciate being alive, life itself, or the life of others?

we are a lost soul seeking something more important to us but we lack something?

perhaps those who do not seek anything are content of living blindly and following whatever comes along at the moment.

Yes, with extraordinary claims, evidence is needed. As for people believing in god(s), I really do not care. I just get concerned when any group of people use their group beliefs to hurt or harm some other group.

If you want to believe in a god, cool.

By the way, I do not appreciate the implication that atheists are some type of nilhilist. Apperciating everything that is here and now and yet to come within the constraints of this physical form makes life that much more important.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 07-08-2012 at 09:19 PM.

Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast