Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Hypothetical question about heaven

If God himself told you that you could leave earth right now and be regardless of what you done in life would be guaranteed a place in heaven would you go? The catch is your family members would not be going with you, there is no guarantee if or when they will they will get into heaven and if you say no and go back to earth there is no guarantee that you will ever get into heaven. What would you do?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I like my current life and I'm in no rush to end it. Besides, I like my odds of getting in later.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Anyone ever think of the possibility of an afterlife/heaven type scenario without a religious jilt to it? I mean if you remove the silly religious tones then in theory is it quite feasible.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

It has never been my goal to get into heaven, so I'd stay here.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Anyone ever think of the possibility of an afterlife/heaven type scenario without a religious jilt to it? I mean if you remove the silly religious tones then in theory is it quite feasible.

Not sure if you meant to say "it is", but I will respond anyway. I do not think there is any possibility of an afterlife. Once blood stops travelling to your brain and your brain stops functioning you are dead. Any hopes of a "soul" continuing on without your body is fantasy. Our "souls" exist only in our brain, just as our life does.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

Personally, I think the idea of heaven given by most religions feels like jail to me. All you do all day is worship a god that may think you are scum. Really? That seems like a different place to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

drtom, if heaven was like that i am unsure of its purpose, if God needed people to worship him, could he not just create them? could He not just force us now to worship him?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

drtom, if heaven was like that i am unsure of its purpose, if God needed people to worship him, could he not just create them? could He not just force us now to worship him?

I think that is kind of the point behind religions. Worship me or go to bad place. The problem is heaven is not fun to me. The religions should say that you would spend the rest of eternity doing want you want without disease or the other faults of the human form. Spending your time worshipping something that doesn't respect a person is worthless in my opinion.

By the way, your example somewhat makes clear my point. When I want someone to do something, I tell them to do it. God doesn't do this action. If you respect someone, you tell them clearly and not keep them guessing.

I would like god to check in occasionly and make sure his rules are know to everyone.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 07-20-2012 at 10:43 PM.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Not sure if you meant to say "it is", but I will respond anyway. I do not think there is any possibility of an afterlife. Once blood stops travelling to your brain and your brain stops functioning you are dead. Any hopes of a "soul" continuing on without your body is fantasy. Our "souls" exist only in our brain, just as our life does.

I dunno, science gives a good base for the possibility for this.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

drtom, I am sure you would, but it obviously isn't going to happen. In my opinion people can believe what they want or how they want, but God is not about creating beings to worship Him. Jesus does not test you nor require anything of you, it is all up to you. If the only reason someone believes is because they fear burning in hell, I will not say that is bad, but I must say that doesn't work for all of us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast