Results 1 to 7 of 7
07-20-2012, 01:07 AM #1
SCF Official Review: 2012 Topps Allen And Ginter
First and foremost, I'd like to thank our sponsors at Topps for providing us with this box.
24 packs per box
8 cards per pack
Current Retail Price (online): $84.99 - $99.99
Insertion rates are based on estimated production levels, which may vary from the actual insertion rates to be published on product packaging.
BASE CARDS (350 subjects)
- NEW! Retired Stars!
- 350 veterans, rookies, retired stars, public figures, and non-baseball champions. The last 50 card numbers are short-printed and inserted 1:2 packs.
MINI PARALLEL CARDS
- Mini Parallel - Original-sized version of the base cards.
- Allen & Ginter Back - Featuring a new Allen & Ginter-logo back.
- Allen & Ginter Black-Bordered
- Allen & Ginter No Number - Limited to 50.
- Allen & Ginter Baseball Back - Featuring a specially created Allen & Ginter-logo back and hand-numbered to 25.
- Allen & Ginter Wood - Hand-numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
- Printing Plates - Featuring all four plates used to print every mini parallel and mini exclusive card. Framed and numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
- Allen & Ginter Cloth Cards - A partial parallel featuring 150 base cards printed on cloth and framed. Sequentially numbered to 10. HOBBY ONLY
Allen & Ginter Relics
- Framed mini cards featuring relics from over 50 MLB superstars, both active and retired, and all the other non-baseball athletes and champions.
Allen & Ginter DNA Relics
- 10 framed mini cards including a strand of hair from a historical figure. Numbered 1 of 1.
- An exciting, never-before-seen type of card! These hand-crafted cards will each feature a full, pressed butterfly in an exquisite window-box-style card. These cards will be inserted into packs as redemptions and numbered. HOBBY ONLY
Allen & Ginter Book Cards
- 25 book cards featuring players and two autographs, two relics, or an autograph and a relic. Numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
Allen & Ginter Framed Originals
- 100 framed original Allen & Ginter buybacks. Numbered 1 of 1. HOBBY ONLY
Allen & Ginter Autographs
- Framed mini cards featuring on-card autographs from over 30 MLB superstars, both active and retired, and all the other non-baseball athletes and champions.
- 20 cards featuring cut signatures of political and historical figures. Numbered 1 of 1.
RIP CARDS - 1 Per HOBBY Case!
100 cards featuring active and retired MLB stars, numbered and HOBBY ONLY. Keep it or RIP it? The choice is yours.
If you rip it, inside you may find:
Allen & Ginter Originals
- 30 actual, original, 1-of-1 paintings on a mini card and only found in Rip Cards.
Allen & Ginter Red Autographs
- On-card autographs from many of the Allen & Ginter Framed autograph subjects, signed in red and hand-numbered in red to 10.
Allen & Ginter Mini Exclusives
- 50 cards numbered 351-400 and found only in Rip Cards, these are mini-card variations of players' base cards.
Allen & Ginter Mini Wood Exclusives
- A wood parallel of the mini exclusives. Numbered 1 of 1.
Rip Card Reserve
- 25 redemption cards for prizes, such as an autographed jersey or bat!
FULL-SIZED INSERT CARDS
What's in a Name?
- 100 cards featuring baseball players from the past and present. Inserted 1:2 packs.
Historical Turning Points
- 20 cards featuring great battles, speeches, and decisions that have helped determine the course of civilization. Inserted 1:10 packs.
You've Gotta Be Kidding Me!
- 15 cards telling some of the most unbelievable tales from history. Inserted 1:10 packs.
World's Tallest Buildings
- 10 cards celebrating the most impressive edifices in the world. Inserted 1:10 packs.
Baseball Highlights Sketches
- 25 cards featuring reproductions of original, commissioned sketches showing some of the greatest baseball highlights of the year. Inserted 1:10 packs.
Colony in a Card
- This amazing, groundbreaking new type of card can be busted open and, when combined with water, will sprout a living, breathing colony to enjoy! 1 per case.
MINI INSERTS - Overall insertion rate for mini inserts is 1:5 packs.
People of the Bible
- 15 cards featuring some of the most important figures from the Bible.
Man's Best Friend
- 20 cards celebrating some of the most popular breeds of man's most popular companion.
World's Greatest Military Leaders
- 20 cards featuring the greatest military leaders in history.
Giants of the Deep
- 15 cards featuring various species of whale.
- 16 musically minded cards featuring famous composers from throughout history.
- 10 cards highlighting some of the oddest dishes and most bizarre delicacies from around the world.
THE GINTER CODE
Be sure to keep an eye out for the Ginter Code. It will return, but in an all-new, surprising, engaging, and accessible format!
The first one to crack the code will win a complete set of Framed Allen & Ginter Autograph Subjects!
HOBBY EXCLUSIVE BOX LOADER - HOBBY ONLY - ONE PER BOX!
N43 Box Loader
- 15 cards styled after the original N43 card and in the original size, featuring baseball players.
N43 Box Loader Relic
- 10 of the above cards with a relic piece and hand-numbered to 25.
N43 Box Loader Autograph
- 10 of the above cards with an on-card autograph and hand-numbered to 15.
N43 Box Loader Autographed Relic
- 5 of the above cards with an on-card autograph, a relic piece, and hand-numbered to 5.
N43 Artifacts Box Loader
- 5 cards featuring real relics from civilizations of days past. Numbered.
Baseball Highlight Cabinet Box Loaders
- 5 cabinet-card-sized box loaders will feature a 2011 baseball highlight with superimposed mini cards of the players involved in the highlight.
Rollercoaster Cabinet Box Loaders
- 5 Cabinet-card-sized box loaders featuring some of the most famous, fearsome rollercoasters from around the world.
- 10 cabinet-card-sized box loaders featuring relics you can't find anywhere else - full jersey pieces featuring player's names or numbers. Numbered 1 of 1.
Currency of the World Cabinet Relic Box Loaders
- 30 cabinet-sized cards featuring an embedded coin from countries around the world. Numbered to 50.
WHAT WE PULLED
Cabinet Box Topper: Baseball Highlights Cardinals Win 2011 World Series
Base: 125/300 (41.7%)
Mini Regular Back (12)
Mini A&G Back (5)
Mini Black Border (2)
Mini Giants Of The Deep (1)
Mini Man's Best Friend (1)
Mini Musical Masters (1)
Mini World's Greatest Military Leaders (2)
Baseball Highlight Sketches (3)
Historical Turning Points (3)
What's In A Name (12)
World's Tallest Buildings (3)
Solve The Mystery (3) - Not Scanned
Ichiro Mini Jersey
Prince Fielder Mini Jersey
Michael Morse Yellow Printing Plate 1/1
Base - 4/5
Design - 5/5
Fun - 3.5/5
Value - 4.25/5
Rebuy - 4.5/5
Overall - 21.25/25 (85%)
Great design work, perhaps the best since 2006's release
Not over the top with non-baseball figures
Lots of chase set, mini and regular sized cards
Great for IP/TTM collectors
Boxes could yield duplicate base when you don't get half the set in a box
SPs are 1:2 when they should go back to being 1:4
NPN 2012 Topps Allen & Ginter BB
PO Box 2098
Duryea, PA 18642
Limit 1 request per household
Postmarked By: 10/10/12
Received By: 10/17/12
Canada Skills Question: 11 x 6 + 4 - 14 = ?
Once again, I'd like to thank our wonderful sponsors at Topps for giving us the opportunity to open and review this release. For more information on all of their products, visit them today at www.topps.com.
As always, the base and inserts are available to the members for 30 days once this review has been posted. PM me with the card or cards that interest you. Only VIP members may make card requests for the first 48 hours.
07-20-2012, 01:10 AM #2
Nice Cards. I really Like that you guys Post those type of threads :)Super Collecting:Norris Cole!
Others:Mario Chalmers, Drew Brees, Mariano Rivera, Derek Jeter
07-20-2012, 07:58 AM #3
Nice box. Can I request the Bailey Black?Andrew Bailey: 194/240 not including 1/1's (80.8%); 208/436 cards including 1/1's(47.7%)
07-23-2012, 07:07 PM #4
07-23-2012, 07:54 PM #5
Nice break! 1/1!
Can I request the Baseball player mini's? Not all of them, we can share.
07-28-2012, 03:53 PM #6
08-06-2012, 11:55 PM #7
Great, great review. I love Ginter. I foam at the mouth for Ginter. I have Ginter's release date on my calendar as soon as it is known. I try and bribe people at Topps to let me know when they will release it before they announce it's release date so I can have it on my calendar before anyone else. OK, I made that last one up, but if I were an unsavory character and knew how to get ahold of anyone at Topps, I just might.