Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

What is anti-gay? If you don't support gay marriage, are you anti-gay? If you support entities that only support traditional marriage, are you anti-gay? Do you have to hate gay people to be anti-gay? Do you hate gay people if you don't support gay marriage? What is the liberal position on what it takes to be labeled as anti-gay?

Anti-Gay = Against homosexuality in all forms. This does not mean not supporting gay marriage, it takes more than that to be truly anti-gay. Anti-Gay would be wanting homosexuality outlawed, I think, which would mean that, while all Anti-Gays are opposed to gay marriage, not everyone opposed to gay marriage is Anti-Gay. They are Anti-Gay Marriage. For example, I know a guy who doesn't care if you're gay, straight or whatever, but is opposed to gay marriage. He has his reasons, which I disagree with, but I would never in a million years call him "Anti-Gay". Supporting entities that don't support gay marriage does not make one Anti-Gay but, again, in and of itself only makes one Anti-Gay Marriage. Not supporting gay marriage does not mean you hate gays. I think a lot of people on the left see this backwards. A lot of people do believe these things make you Anti Gay or mean you hate gays. I think it's the other way around and it takes more than a stance on one issue, marriage, to make one Anti-Gay or a hater of gays or truly homophobic (I say truly because the term homophobic is often used to describe stupid things like cutting a homosexual off in traffic or some other truly non-homophobic act...kind of like "hate crime").

I imagine looking for the "Liberal" definition of "Anti-Gay" is an exercise in futility. I consider myself to be fairly liberal and as you can see in this thread, my views differ from other liberal's.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

andrew, who said it was about me? though homosexuals do affect me, they often help decide where we go on vacation, where we go out to eat, who drives for the evening(usually me), but nothing negative. i am sure that i would not only go to their wedding but would help in many ways, heck i might even be in the wedding party.

but to change the definition of marriage for the few, makes no sense to me, how about a homosexual union instead?

there is no such thing as fair, this is for liberals who would like to redistribute the wealth( as long as it is not their wealth)

if you want to see homosexual discimination go to iran, iraq, or the other muslim ran countries, homosexuals are lucky to be here where most of us don't care what they do as long as they are not taking from us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

andrew, who said it was about me? though homosexuals do affect me, they often help decide where we go on vacation, where we go out to eat, who drives for the evening(usually me), but nothing negative. i am sure that i would not only go to their wedding but would help in many ways, heck i might even be in the wedding party.

but to change the definition of marriage for the few, makes no sense to me, how about a homosexual union instead?

there is no such thing as fair, this is for liberals who would like to redistribute the wealth( as long as it is not their wealth)

if you want to see homosexual discimination go to iran, iraq, or the other muslim ran countries, homosexuals are lucky to be here where most of us don't care what they do as long as they are not taking from us.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Why do you keep going into the ills of muslim countries? Gays are not being treated fairly in our own country. Let's clean up our own house before we try to clean someone elses.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am literal enough that when I hear the accusation that gays do not have the same rights as straights that I am logical enough to comprehend that what is really being said is that gays want rights that nobody else has.

And that list you provided of "rights" that gays do not have is entirely wrong. Gays have Federal protection from discrimination, filing joint taxes and estate taxes are not a right, hospital visitation is not a right, gays are protected from job loss due to sexual orientation by the same Federal law that protects them from discrimination, SS benefits are only available to family members and even step-children have difficulty getting them, and domestic violence is illegal for all people and if not then there are laws against assault and battery regardless of sexual orientation, just because there is not a specific law addressing gay domestic violence does not mean they have no pretection from battery.

I repeat. Gays have every right that straights do.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

1. How does two guys being married affect you?
    2. It wouldnt be changing it for the few. There are hundreds of thousands if not millions who are gay.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I'd just like a one word answer here- yes or no. Are those who are gay equal in our country to those who are not?
    I am literal enough that when I hear the accusation that gays do not have the same rights as straights that I am logical enough to comprehend that what is really being said is that gays want rights that nobody else has.

And that list you provided of "rights" that gays do not have is entirely wrong. Gays have Federal protection from discrimination, filing joint taxes and estate taxes are not a right, hospital visitation is not a right, gays are protected from job loss due to sexual orientation by the same Federal law that protects them from discrimination, SS benefits are only available to family members and even step-children have difficulty getting them, and domestic violence is illegal for all people and if not then there are laws against assault and battery regardless of sexual orientation, just because there is not a specific law addressing gay domestic violence does not mean they have no pretection from battery.

I repeat. Gays have every right that straights do.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Ok, this is one of the stupidest arguments ever. Right up there with "Well, could you do any better?"
    I don't need to be a master chef to know when my steak is overcooked and just because it's worse elsewhere doesn't mean it shouldn't be better here than it is now.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You are missing the point. If a straight person can legally marry a person another consenting adult how is that not discrimination if a gay person cannot marry another consenting adult? If a gay person cannot legally marry another consenting adult then you should have no problem with straight people not being to legally marry either.

I am not going to argue the definition of what is or is not discrimination. The claim is that gays do not have the same right to marry that straights do and that is an entirely flase claim because straights do not have the right to marry.

What's more, concerning the discrimination aspect, gays do not want the right to "marry", they want the legal rights that marriage provides. So this whole "we don't have the right to marry" crap is just that, crap. I support gays having the same rights as everyone else. I do not support a government sanctioned requirement that society accept the liberal definition of marriage.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I'd just like a one word answer here- yes or no. Are those who are gay equal in our country to those who are not?

Yes

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast