Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Healthy 24 year old woman dies while having an abortion

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

why was she getting one?

it is sad that she is dead and so is the baby

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why she was getting one doesn't really matter. She has the legal right and so be it. This is really an operation. I don't care if you're getting shoulder surgery, the moment a surgeon opens you up you run the risk of death, plain and simple.

SCF Rewards
    Country

that would depend on your views of abortion.

but this was an avoidable death for both, but her choice killed two people and now others want to blame someone else.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

that would depend on your views of abortion.

but this was an avoidable death for both, but her choice killed two people and now others want to blame someone else.

I agree that's wrong of others but personally I say blame has no place here. If she was getting her knee fixed she could have died. If you take away the fact that she couldn't have knee surgery while pregnant, the baby would end up not being born as well. Since the point of an abortion is pretty clear, you can only really say that the mother dying was the unsuccessful part. The baby wasn't going to be born anyway, right? Her decision already decided that. The only thing that actually went wrong here was the mother hemorrhaging and dying, which is a possibility in any surgery of any kind. As such, the only person who can be blamed is the surgeon if he was irresponsible (and no, by law performing an abortion is not irresponsible) or inept. The fact that she died doesn't mean he was but should be investigated. So for now, no blame and the only one who really could be is the doctor. It has absolutely nothing to do with whether abortion is right or wrong and saying, "If she didn't get the abortion she wouldn't have died" makes as much sense as saying, "If those people hadn't gone to see the new Batman movie they'd still be alive."

It's true, but completely irrelevant.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, I disagree, but you have a good point. there is a big difference in going to the movies and being killed by a lunatic and going for an abortion.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't want to talk ill about the dead but shrewsbury has a good point. On the cool I hate that in this day an age that a woman would even have to make a choice to abort her unborn child or not. We should be past this. It's too bad that the conservative religious right refuses to allow people the right to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies then once they get pregnant and keep the child they refuse to do anything to assist the mother or her child.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't want to talk ill about the dead but shrewsbury has a good point. On the cool I hate that in this day an age that a woman would even have to make a choice to abort her unborn child or not. We should be past this. It's too bad that the conservative religious right refuses to allow people the right to protect themselves from unwanted pregnancies then once they get pregnant and keep the child they refuse to do anything to assist the mother or her child.

If she did not wanted to get pregnant, then she shouldn't have sex or protect herself. I am against abortion except in the case of a rape or something like that. If you are man or woman enough to open have unprotected sex, then you should step up and take care of that baby.

SCF Rewards
    Country

If she did not wanted to get pregnant, then she shouldn't have sex or protect herself. I am against abortion except in the case of a rape or something like that. If you are man or woman enough to open have unprotected sex, then you should step up and take care of that baby.

outlawing abortion means a lot more women (and their babies) die when they get a friend to do it

SCF Rewards
    Country

outlawing abortion means a lot more women (and their babies) die when they get a friend to do it

This is going to sound cold hearted but Im going to speak my mind. If someone dies in the process of killing their child through an illegal abortion I don't feel sorry for them one bit. However I do feel for anyone who stepped up to the plate to raise their child even though the religious right turned their back on them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast