Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Atheists!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Atheists!

So, just a mere 4 years ago I was a strong believer in Yahweh, Jesus, and the Bible......I was a Theist.

Slowly but surely, my belief and faith in the Christian god disappeared and i had a new name.....Atheist!

At first I really disliked this term, after all here in the U.S, Atheists are the MOST HATED, most distrusted group.

http://newsjunkiepost.com/2009/09/19...sted-minority/

I went from being in the loving majority to the most hated minority.

But, I wanted to play a little game with everyone:

Which of the following Gods do you guys believe in?

A) Allah
    B) Krishna
    C) Thor
    D) Zeus
    E) Horus

If you answered "None of the Above"......what would that make you? (An atheist?)

OK, OK.....I cheated, I left out hundreds of gods and demi-gods too......but, let me get this straight, you can be a Theist if you believe in ONE god and NOT believe in every single other god, but the second you stop believing in that ONE god you turn into something completely different and are hated/distrusted by your fellow countrymen.

Hmm...

^Inspiration for this thread comes from this video which I viewed many years ago.
    Last edited by JustAlex; 07-24-2012 at 06:09 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Obviously I'm not an atheist but I can understand and respect why someone would become an atheist. Look at all of these right wing loons who do dumb things claiming to do it in God's names. Terrorist who murder innocent people. White supremicists who kill jews and minorities. Extremist christians who hate gays and minorities. And you wonder why God dosen't want to get involved anymore.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Well, you can be:
    Monotheist and believe in one God or
    Polytheist and believe in more than one God or
    Atheist and believe in no God

Just like you can be:
    Heterosexual/Homosexual (monosexual) and prefer one sex or
    Bisexual and prefer both or
    Asexual and prefer neither

So, you see as far as "something different" goes, believing in one God is different than believing in two or many just as believing in none is. As far as hated/distrusted by your fellow man, that's up to those fellow men and whether your atheist, monotheist, polytheist, hetrosexual, homosexual, asexual, white, black, asian, tall, short, fat, thin, college educated, high school educated, completely uneducated, rich poor, a driver, a bike rider, vegetarian, vegan, guitarist, drummer, bassis, singer, pianist, cat lover, dog lover or named "Fred" someone is going to hate you for it. People who hate you for these reasons are wrong and not worth your time. They should hate you for your personality and views.

I'm kidding on that last sentence, but you get it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

But, I wanted to play a little game with everyone:

Which of the following Gods do you guys believe in?

A) Allah
    B) Krishna
    C) Thor
    D) Zeus
    E) Horus

If you answered "None of the Above"......what would that make you? (An atheist?)

not believing in a god created and named by man doesn't mean you're an atheist, it means you're wise.

SCF Rewards
    Country

There's so many Puritans that following society's standards to religion is sometimes unbearable. I personally think Atheist is an extreme, don't get me wrong, so is being Puritan, but hey, different strokes for different folks. I just think that science proves religion more times than not.

Religion comes with an invisible backpack, like it or not.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

People in general do not hate atheists or people of a religious nature.They hate the ignorant people that try and represent them claiming their closed minded views represent the entire spectrum.... Since I cannot post a direct link due to a scene that shows a naked man I can tell you to go to youtube and type in these keywords (or copy and paste the words)

1 giant leap - the way you dream / god/unity (michael stipe, tim booth, asha bhosle).

its 10:45 long but its unlike any explanation of religion you have ever seen. It is just beautiful in its all, seeing everyday people explaining their faiths and beliefs and how they really are not that different

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

not believing in a god created and named by man doesn't mean you're an atheist, it means you're wise.

Dude are you serious?

SCF Rewards
    Country

what makes you think it wasn't serious? worshiping a man created god is silly is all i meant.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

ya, worshiping a man created by God is silly.

SCF Rewards
    Country

ya, worshiping a man created by God is silly.

which man-made god do you worship? jishnu, yahweh, alah...? just curious.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast