Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Signatures with trade stipulations and threats

Am I the only one that finds it funny? I see so many "if you do this that or this you will get a negative" and a whole novel on their SV vs BV thoughts...

Anyone else take this as a turn off? I seem to stay away from these.
    I only pay via paypal invoice.

I completely agree. Some short information regarding preference is always useful as it speeds up negotiations when you know from the onset how someone approaches trades. But if you come off as a jerk in your signature, it just lets people know they should avoid the headache of dealing with you.
    BUCKET: Hidden Content

Always looking to add to my Giants PC and Inception PC.

I saw a signature that said something to the effect of "Honest traders trade even book value". As if anyone who wants to trade by sell value is somehow dishonest............whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
    I saw a signature that said something to the effect of "Honest traders trade even book value". As if anyone who wants to trade by sell value is somehow dishonest............whatever.
    lol wow thats a classic.

Quote Originally Posted by 27tinman View Post
    You mean a system which aggregates thousands of individual purchasing decisions to produce a value based on what buyers are willing to pay and sellers are willing to accept is somehow more honest than a theoretical price assigned by a periodical which is likely to be updated by interns once a year or so? Blasphemy!!

Seriously though, I have no problem with BV and have met traders who use it who I think are very honest. But in my experience they people who are "in your face" about only using BV, seem to always be looking to rip you off from a SV perspective, never the other way around.
    Last edited by NYGiants72; 07-30-2012 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGiants72 View Post
    You mean a system which aggregates thousands of individual purchasing decisions to produce a value based on what buyers are willing to pay and sellers are willing to accept is somehow more honest than a theoretical price assigned by a periodical which is likely to be updated yearly by interns once a year or so? Blasphemy!!

Seriously though, I have no problem with BV and have met traders who use it who I think are very honest. But in my experience they people who are "in your face" about only using BV, seem to always be looking to rip you off from a SV perspective, never the other way around.
    There is a growing number that will be all for SV or all for BV, but only if its giving them the upper hand. I see people blast BV, but then when it works in their favor worship it.

IMO the people who only strictly use BV are in the middle of a three year subscription
    Hidden Content
    Thanks to all that I've dealt with!

Sorry for the duplicate post there...

one of my all time favorite signatures I saw on this site

"Paypal gift or bust, I do not accept goods ever"

LOL

I love the ones where it has to be packed perfectly the way they like it with DC and if its not shipped in 24-48 hrs you will get a negative....Dont get me wrong, toploader decoys on each side and a bubble mailer is great...but to ask more then that is to strict...for a greg olsen auto

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast