Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jgosportscards's Items on eBay

A Message From A True Republican

In a day where the divide between Republicans and Democrats has never been wider, there are many ways both of these groups have gone away from traditional values. Most of these have been made by Republicans. I have been a Republican all of my life. Although I'm only 21 years old, I have a deep knowledge of political science based on my own research, and not listening to main stream news outlets who are more often than not, biased towards one party. I listen only to NPR and the BBC, who to me broadcast the only form of unbiased political news that's available. I believe in the power of big business, but at the same time don't shave out the little guy; a traditional Republican view, except now when it's all about the wallets of big business, and not the success.

Now to my point. My party has gone off the deep end. With a lack of leadership, the party has become a loose cannon of rich people. It used to be a proud and respected party. Right now I'm ashamed to call myself a Republican.

The latest nominee, Mitt Romney, is a complete joke. A man who cares about nothing except protecting the rich. A man who wants to lower taxes in a time where taxes need to be raised(especially the rich), and eliminate teacher's unions. What kind of nominee is that? From a true Republican, it's an embarrassment. This is a man who won't even release his tax documents. What does that tell us? It tells us if he's unwilling to release such a small part of life, he won't hesitate to hide things from the American people as our president. That's just my opinion of course.

My whole point being, right now all Republicans are being labeled as selfish pigs, for good reason too. But to be honest, there are a large percentage of us who are realistic, and believe in bipartisanship through negotiation, but we don't have a voice. The voice belongs to the rich "leaders" of this party.

Just wanted to get that out. I've really enjoyed reading debate on this site, but there seems to be a label put on "Republicans" here that I haven't seen on other sites. Basically what I'm saying is some think every one that calls themself a Republican is the scum of the earth. This isn't the case. The media, along with the stupidity of a lack of leadership of the party are the reason people think that.

Thanks for reading! I love debating politics, so you'll probably see me post often in this section. :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dude, pardon the pun but.....join the party!

Become an Independent!

Both parties are corrupt, both of them to a certain extent are the same side of a coin, and neither is willing to compromise or work together.

Imagine a country where there are ZERO political parties....where a politician must run on his word and not bow down to whatever ideology his/her party DEMANDS him/her to have!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Pittsburgh Steelers Pittsburgh Pirates Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @MadMan_Of_Metal See ultimatesteelersfan1964's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

thats gets a CHRUCH!

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

For the record, when I say "Republicans" I'm talking about the Republican representatives in government, not necessarily supporters. When I say "Conservatives" that's the everyday (generally) Republican supporter.

I figured there was a large segment of conservatives who felt this way, glad to see someone actually admit it instead of suffering in silence to never speak ill of their leaders.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I agree with everything said so far. Also I have been doing some research on the libertarian party. Although I won't be voting libertarian this election (I refuse to have my vote support romney) they have some great ideas and I would love to see them get a bigger share of the pie in the future and hopefully have a great third party canidate lead our country in the right direction.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

In a day where the divide between Republicans and Democrats has never been wider, there are many ways both of these groups have gone away from traditional values. Most of these have been made by Republicans. I have been a Republican all of my life. Although I'm only 21 years old, I have a deep knowledge of political science based on my own research, and not listening to main stream news outlets who are more often than not, biased towards one party. I listen only to NPR and the BBC, who to me broadcast the only form of unbiased political news that's available. I believe in the power of big business, but at the same time don't shave out the little guy; a traditional Republican view, except now when it's all about the wallets of big business, and not the success.

Now to my point. My party has gone off the deep end. With a lack of leadership, the party has become a loose cannon of rich people. It used to be a proud and respected party. Right now I'm ashamed to call myself a Republican.

The latest nominee, Mitt Romney, is a complete joke. A man who cares about nothing except protecting the rich. A man who wants to lower taxes in a time where taxes need to be raised(especially the rich), and eliminate teacher's unions. What kind of nominee is that? From a true Republican, it's an embarrassment. This is a man who won't even release his tax documents. What does that tell us? It tells us if he's unwilling to release such a small part of life, he won't hesitate to hide things from the American people as our president. That's just my opinion of course.

My whole point being, right now all Republicans are being labeled as selfish pigs, for good reason too. But to be honest, there are a large percentage of us who are realistic, and believe in bipartisanship through negotiation, but we don't have a voice. The voice belongs to the rich "leaders" of this party.

Just wanted to get that out. I've really enjoyed reading debate on this site, but there seems to be a label put on "Republicans" here that I haven't seen on other sites. Basically what I'm saying is some think every one that calls themself a Republican is the scum of the earth. This isn't the case. The media, along with the stupidity of a lack of leadership of the party are the reason people think that.

Thanks for reading! I love debating politics, so you'll probably see me post often in this section. :)

Looking at your post you are more of a RINO than real republican. That being said, I am a conservative, not republican or democrat, usually voting republican because they are the only alternative I can stomach.
    Last edited by ALADOG; 08-06-2012 at 09:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Looking at your post you are more of a RINO than real republican. That being said, I am a conservative, not republican or democrat.

The fact that a term like "RINO" exists shows how large a schism there is within the party. I've never called anyone a "DINO" before.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The fact that a term like "RINO" exists shows how large a schism there is within the party. I've never called anyone a "DINO" before.

No his veiws are more akin to democrats than republicans. Raise taxes / pro union

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

No his veiws are more akin to democrats than republicans. Raise taxes / pro union

Being a Republican doesn't mean you have to be against all tax increases at any time (thanks, Grover Norquist). George H.W. Bush raised taxes, and it didn't make him less of a Republican. In fact, I'd venture to say he was a pretty decent President. A party should have flexibility, not just "Believe this, or else you're not one of us." That's called a cult.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jgosportscards's Items on eBay

The fact that some think that just because you belong to a party, you can't adjust your views per the time period to what you think is right, is exactly what's wrong right now.

In a time where we have a national deficet that quite frankly scares me, it is only logical to raise taxes in my opinion. I'm saying that as a person that belongs on the right side of the spectrum. I don't believe my ideas are more Democratic, I still believe in the power of big business to drive an economy...the biggest core belief that a Republican has.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast