Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See joepbb's Items on eBay

Good idea, but it will be very nearly impossible to collect all of them, especially for the set with 10 like people were saying. I can see why some people wouldn't be thrilled by these though.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gallinator's Items on eBay

Would be great if all four cards were your pack. So you get all four pieces in one box, like a 1/1 only with 4 different cards. Imagine opening your pack and pulling those four beauties? That would make collectors really happy.

Now that is a great idea!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (321)
    Country

As always, I appreciate all the enthusiastic responses, suggestions and criticisms. We're constantly looking for new things to do on cards. Not every card is going to be a home run, but it definitely helps getting all your feedback on whether we revise, bring back, or drop certain types of cards in future releases.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See flopscards's Items on eBay

The one thing I'd have to say about getting all four in a box, I'd be disappointed. For a product like this, I want the variety it has to bring between rookies and stars, and although having all 4 in a box would be a cool pull, it wouldn't be my ideal box. If you made a redemption for the 4 pieces to be sent to you upon redeeming, then it'd be cool with me as long as I got the other cards.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See emersondrive13rocks's Items on eBay

I think player collectors will go nuts for these cards and they will add huge value. They look great as well. The biggest problem with these jumbo patch cards in Prime is NO picture of the player!

BANNED

Country
    See jesiahj's Items on eBay

I think player collectors will go nuts for these cards and they will add huge value. They look great as well. The biggest problem with these jumbo patch cards in Prime is NO picture of the player!

I agree.. while the patches are beautiful, I'm just not a fan of a card without the player picture on the front to go along with it.

Anyone who says they are an atrocity though, I'd imagine you consider any jersey or stick or whatever being sliced up for cards as an atrocity right?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dendron8's Items on eBay

As always, I appreciate all the enthusiastic responses, suggestions and criticisms. We're constantly looking for new things to do on cards. Not every card is going to be a home run, but it definitely helps getting all your feedback on whether we revise, bring back, or drop certain types of cards in future releases.

I gather by your responses you represent Panini in some way?

Certainly the word 'atrocity' is a bit of hyperbole, but I can see how some might not appreciate an auto that is not in tact. Personally, I LOVE the concept. I think its unique, as are many of the ideas in the Prime set. For those of us growing tired of the uber-expensive-but-completely-boring "The Cup", Prime is a refreshing injection into the hobby.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bills Carolina Panthers
    See mondo1132's Items on eBay

i love the idea based solely on it being so original...people often complain saying that year after year the cards are the same, or they see very little change...at least this is a brand new idea, but i also admit that I love the way they look personally
    Please check my inventory before my photobucket!!! It's more up to date!!!
    Looking for LPGA GOLFERS ​and BUFFALO SABRES
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Top Want: 2012 Leaf Metal Anna Nordqvist Award Winners Prism Gold 1/1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gatesnapper's Items on eBay

i love the idea based solely on it being so original...people often complain saying that year after year the cards are the same, or they see very little change...at least this is a brand new idea, but i also admit that I love the way they look personally

I agree. We are in the minority. I love these cards. Definitly refreshing, as game used pieces have gotten a bit stale.

SCF Rewards
    Country

To me it all falls under what a particular collector wants in his collection. I don't see it as an "atrocity" as Luc has many autographs out there if you want one on a single card. An atrocity would be to cut up an autograph of a player who has only a few known autographs out there ( deceased H.O.F.'er etc.). It is a new and unique idea which may not appeal to all. It gives those that want a neat piece to display, a chase to find all the pieces much like a nameplate. Just my opinion.....
    Last edited by ac4760; 10-15-2012 at 04:53 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast