Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Race For The Price Update: A deadlock at the top, and a tie-breaking contest!

With all contests in the books, we ended up with a tie for first place in the overall standings in the Race for the Price!

Congrats go out to both hazmatman & mikepro44 - who each accumulated 26 points over the course of the season.

This prize isn't exactly something we can split up though..... so a tie breaking contest has been created, to detrime who will win the Carey Price Autographed Jersey, from Starside Signings (once again, and HUGE thank you to our sponsor!).

After exchanging a couple of PMs with both members, the following PM was sent out earlier today:

Hi guys,

I'm glad both of you agreed that holding an extra contest would be the fairest way to do this. Becuase it's August, and there's a lack of hockey going on, the contest relates to free agency.

There have been several 'Montreal' related contests this year, so following that theme, I will be asking you to answer three questions about PK Subban's next contract:

1. How much will the annual Cap Hit be? (i.e. the average salaray)
    2. How many years will he get?
    3. (tie break only) On what date will he sign?

The scoring will be simple. There are 5 points available for the first two questions. If you guess the answers correctly, you'll earn the full 5 points. For the first question, you will lose a point for each $0.5m you are off, and for the second question you'll lose a point for each year you are off.

Example: Subban signs a new contract that pays him $35m over 7 years. This is a $5m cap hit.

If you guessed $5m over 4 years, you'd get the full 5 points right on Cap Hit, but only 2 points on term, becuase you were off by three years. If you guessed $11m for two years, you'd get nothing for term (you'd be 5 years off) and 4 points for Cap Hit, as your guess was $5.5m per year, instead of $5m.

If after those two questions, you're still tied, the third question will come into play. Who was closest to the actual date of the contract.

In the event there is an offersheet, rather than a simple re-signing, I will count the date of which the offersheet was annouced, not the date that the new deal was finalized.

If you are still tied, the next tie breaker will be total salary. If the deal is worth $35m, whomever is the closest to that total (years x Cap Hit) will be the winner.

Please PM me your picks, and I will post a thread in the Contest Forum were you can see each other's picks, once I've got them both.

I have recieved an entry now from both members, so here are their picks....

hazmatman:

1. $4mil per
    2. 3 Years
    3. August 31

mikepro44:

1. $5mil per
    2. 6 Years
    3. August 31

Good luck to both of you!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hazmatman is gonna be the closest on this one ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

To funny Hazmatman that was the exact amount and term I was thinking if I was going to go shorter term but decided on the longer term. Good luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gerberlili's Items on eBay

I like Mikepros answer.........Price and Subban together for 6 years.......they are the soul of the young crew in Montreal.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hazmatman's Items on eBay

tough one to predict... could go either way
    good luck to you as well

SCF Rewards
    Country

Won't have long to wait !! ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Won't have long to wait !! ;)

Something on the rise?

Hockey Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Edmonton Oilers Toronto Blue Jays Hamilton Tiger Cats
    See 30Ranfordfan's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

With Patches extended..... one would think that Subban is next on their list of things to do?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I heard that this would be over by the end of this week. We'll see I guess. I don't have much hope now that he is spending so much time with the PA.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not liking my chances with the role backs on contracts:( Maybe Philly will offer sheet him:)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast