Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Dad disowns son because he's gay...

Before I start commenting.....let me do something first.....

YEP, I just checked my calendar and it's still 2012.....However, some Christians are stuck in 1952.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/07/father-letter-disowning-gay-son_n_1752053.html

Yes, a father has disowned his son just because he happens to have an attraction to males instead of females.....He wrote a letter to his son explaining why he feels the need to no longer be in the life of his own son just because he's gay.

When will we grow up???

SCF Rewards
    Country

dunno about disowning anyone. That be hard to accept, but it is his flesh and blood.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

are we really writing articles now about one random person doing something stupid? do you feel the need to post a new thread every time a "christian" does anything negative? Everyone here will say that the dad is an idiot and even if you disagree with the lifestyle that is no justification for disowning someone.

SCF Rewards
    Country

are we really writing articles now about one random person doing something stupid? do you feel the need to post a new thread every time a "christian" does anything negative? Everyone here will say that the dad is an idiot and even if you disagree with the lifestyle that is no justification for disowning someone.

Do you think this is something rare?

Do you know how many gay kids go through this nightmare with their families because religion has told them that what they're doing is beyond unforgivable???

Articles like this should be written MORE so people can see just how terrible it is what we're (as a country) continuing to do to gays.

Kids kill themselves over stuff like this, and that's why so many are so scared to "come out of the closet".

This happens a lot more than you think.....it's really not that "Random".

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

and there are women who marry men who are in prison for murder. insane people are in all walks of life, has nothing with christians.

it's funny you always relate anti gay to christians.

SCF Rewards
    Country

here's some real anti gay stuff to complain about

http://channel.nationalgeographic.co...phen-comiskey/

and here is something else for you

Of the seven countries that impose the death penalty for homosexuality, all are Muslim. Even when gays do not face execution, persecution is endemic. In 2010 a Saudi man was sentenced to 500 lashes and five years in jail for having sex with another man. In February last year, police in Bahrain arrested scores of men, mostly other Gulf nationals, at a “gay party”. Iranian gay men are typically tried on other trumped-up charges. But in September last year three were executed specifically for homosexuality.

http://www.economist.com/node/21546002
    Last edited by shrewsbury; 08-11-2012 at 09:34 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shrew, what's the point in saying "well, in Islam they kill their gays, at least we don't do that".

Yes, gays have it much worse in the Islamic countries, but as Americans we shouldn't think about it that way.

We should fix our problems first.

How do you fix this problem?

It's very simple.....you make gay people feel like they are normal, just like the rest of us.

You stop telling them that they're going to hell or that they're an abomination or that they don't deserve the same rights as everyone else just because they have a different preference.

I hate hearing stories like this, I feel so bad for this guy who has been disowned by his father just because he believes in something which is simply not true.

Gays can't choose to be gay, they are born that way....and every religion which discriminates on them is dead wrong for doing so.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

it is that you claim to feel the same about all religions and yet you say nothing of much worse atrocities committed by muslims and yet 90% of your comments on this board is to slam christianity. it seems you have one focus, and that is to criticize christianity. not religion but christianity. it is pointed out that 7 countries kill homosexuals and you write it off with one line.

SCF Rewards
    Country

it is that you claim to feel the same about all religions and yet you say nothing of much worse atrocities committed by muslims and yet 90% of your comments on this board is to slam christianity. it seems you have one focus, and that is to criticize christianity. not religion but christianity. it is pointed out that 7 countries kill homosexuals and you write it off with one line.

Do we live in one of those 7 countries?

What's the point of talking about them, when we still have gay kids committing suicides here at home?

Like I said, let's fix our problems first and then we can focus on foreign countries and what we can do to help them.

At least that's how I see it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

alex, though I agree this is horrible, but as a Christian can honestly say, Jesus doesn't influence me to reject anyone based on sexual preference.

And as a father I am unsure how anyone could do this to their own child.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast