Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jason122883's Items on eBay

I dont mind the extra $5. But for those of us that help to support the site why did we not get any input whatsoever in the site upgrades. I loved SCF, was my first choice, but it is very unreliable and ugly now. I tend to spend more time on the BO forums where the kids run free, and is very childish. But is much easier to navigate and get deals done. Also, the Mods here are way too sensitive. We have some great ones, but you got some with power trips that need to be stripped of their titles. I will be staying here, just not nearly as active as I used to be

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wackysplus's Items on eBay

Personally, I would rather pay $25 to the VIP membership and skip buying cards momentarily in order to support a huge asset to the hobby. SCF is a great thing to have for collectors, and those who support it and are willing to spring for a VIP membership will have no problem paying a little more. I don't even buy the VIP membership for the extra features, and would still buy it if it didn't come with any. I buy it out of pure support for the site, and I think a lot of others do as well.

What you get for free from this site is incredible. Look at what you have to spend in order to use a site like eBay as a seller, and what you can do here at no cost. I support the increase and the site 100%.

I also think there should be a gifting link for the VIP membership so we can gift them to other members if we want. BlogTV has this for their Pro membership and I've gifted it several times to people who I liked and thought could benefit from it. I'd gift a bunch here as well, if it were made an option. Please consider doing this.

Thanks for listening.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Personally, I would rather pay $25 to the VIP membership and skip buying cards momentarily in order to support a huge asset to the hobby. SCF is a great thing to have for collectors, and those who support it and are willing to spring for a VIP membership will have no problem paying a little more. I don't even buy the VIP membership for the extra features, and would still buy it if it didn't come with any. I buy it out of pure support for the site, and I think a lot of others do as well.

What you get for free from this site is incredible. Look at what you have to spend in order to use a site like eBay as a seller, and what you can do here at no cost. I support the increase and the site 100%.

I also think there should be a gifting link for the VIP membership so we can gift them to other members if we want. BlogTV has this for their Pro membership and I've gifted it several times to people who I liked and thought could benefit from it. I'd gift a bunch here as well, if it were made an option. Please consider doing this.

Thanks for listening.

I think you can gift it to other members. Just PM Mike the info.

OPG Storefront Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New England Patriots Boston Bruins Boston Red Sox
    Twitter: @patriotsguy See patriots_football_guy's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale
    Member is PayPal Verified

Input is always appreciated and welcomed. I do believe that Mike posted well in advance that the site was going to be updated, that would have been the time to say anything you had in mind for the site's change. We also have a feedback/suggestions forum just for this very purpose that anyone can post in anytime.

Unreliable, how? That statement doesn't help if you don't tell us how it's unreliable. Again ugly? How? What would you change?

As for the MOD comment, anyone can message me anytime with any issues with any moderator....if the problem is me then anyone is welcome to message Mike.
    I dont mind the extra $5. But for those of us that help to support the site why did we not get any input whatsoever in the site upgrades. I loved SCF, was my first choice, but it is very unreliable and ugly now. I tend to spend more time on the BO forums where the kids run free, and is very childish. But is much easier to navigate and get deals done. Also, the Mods here are way too sensitive. We have some great ones, but you got some with power trips that need to be stripped of their titles. I will be staying here, just not nearly as active as I used to be

Thanks for the support! I am sure there are members like yourself that like being here and just buy the VIP to give back and help the site.
    As for gifting a VIP membersip to another member, that is not a problem. No need to message anyone other than myself and I can get that done.

Thanks for listening.

No need to PM Mike, he's busy, just need to PM myself.
    I think you can gift it to other members. Just PM Mike the info.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See wackysplus's Items on eBay

Good to know that you can gift a VIP account. With that said, I do tend to do something like that spur of the moment, and a link would help with completing the thought. I would have to say that I probably wouldn't have gifted as many of the Pro accounts I did with BlogTV had I not been able to just click and make it happen instantly. Same would go for this site unfortunately. I like to just be able to make it happen and not get someone else involved to do it.

Just my way of doing things.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

No need to PM Mike, he's busy, just need to PM myself.

You may want to change that on the VIP page.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    New York Mets Boise State Broncos Syracuse Orange
    Twitter: @jrlebert See jean.ramon's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I get the issues with bumping from $20 to $25, and would love to see how it shakes out in terms of negative vs. positive cash flow. I never really saw the benefit of the Premium vs. VIP memberships, and I think that doing away with the Premium in favor of upgrading the VIP experience as a whole is going to be a positive in the long run, even if it is a negative in the short run in terms of $$$.

I think, in terms of the "ugly" comment, that the site is not so much "ugly" but extremely different and a bit clunky, as compared to the old site. I know the next question is "clunky how?" but my only response to that is that it's just different, and I am still getting used to it, so that might be why it seems clunky. I have no doubt that in 6 months or so, I will have all of the basics down as best I can, and that, for people signing up as members for the first time and having this be their only way of knowing our site, it's not an issue. I do prefer the simplicity of the BO site, at times, but definitely not some of the members there. Every site has pros and cons.

For me, I echo the sentiments of the previous poster who mentioned their reason for buying the VIP, to support the site. That was the reason I did it, and will continue to. I like the benefits, but I will be the first to tell you that I don't take advantage of all of them. I just do it for support. I hope others out there who are considering not re-upping realize what a resource this site is, and hopefully stick around.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See jimmy-v-cardboard's Items on eBay

So if someone is only 4 months into their VIP do they lose it now or on their 1 year anniversary?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

nm i see from my post i lose it now. Was this not thought of before a massive change across the board was implemented? Do i get a refund? Do i get money applied?

My inbox said my sub expired....... no it didnt.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

oh also I dont think it is the first yet.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast