Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

Changes to the VIP/Premium Membership

There will be some changes to the VIP Membership that will take effect on 1 September, 2012.

• The $12 annual Premium Membership will go away. No new Premium memberships will be allowed to sign up and current Premium members will not be allowed to renew. Current Premium Members will see no change to their account until their expiration date is reached.
    • The $20 annual VIP Membership will increase to $25 a year. The cost is going up from $1.67 a month to $2.08 a month. I feel the VIP membership is still an extremely great value and is a great way to support SCF while gaining great benefits on the site. VIP Members don't see ads, get discounts in the Card Cash Store, get exclusive contests and forum, first crack and discount on Card Cash pack sales and tons of other extras that can be seen here. Current VIP members will not be effected on 1 September. If you purchase or renew your VIP membership before 1 September, 2012, you will not need to upgrade until 1 year after your sign up/renewal date.

This increase is due to many reasons to include shipping costs (mailing Card Cash store items and Card Cash packs) and the cost overall to manage the the program and add value to SCF. The cost to upgrade our software and add new features is around $20,000 this year alone. Our monthly server cost to handle the increased traffic almost doubled from our last move.

The VIP Membership funds the Card Cash pack sales and other aspects of the VIP Program, and we will be increasing benefits soon. I ask that all members looking to support SCF consider the VIP Program.

This month we will be communicating with our current Premium/VIP Members to work on a smooth transition. Please stay tuned for more updates as we approach September 1st, 2012.
    Last edited by mikesilvia; 08-14-2012 at 02:51 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Twitter: @yazfan71

Shouldn't it say $25 a year instead of $25 a month?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Shouldn't it say $25 a year instead of $25 a month?

Yep, fixed. Thanks for the heads up!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Was this done in an attempt to raise more money? Because, I see this as actually dampering the income. People bought the platinum because they didn't want to spend 20 a year. 12 a year was much more reasonable to them than 20, or that they couldnt pay 20 at one time. Bumping it up to 25 I think will actually not only keep the premium members from going VIP, but will also keep a few other current VIP's from renewing.

If they thought 12 was a good deal, what will they think of it once it is more than doubled? I know it is more features, but not everyone bought a membership for the features. They did it to support the site in a small way ($12). If they wanted to support the site more they would have bought a VIP membership. If they didn't buy one for $20, I dont see them buying it for $25.

I think it would have been better to keep a small option available ($12/year) and raise the VIP to $25.
    Just my .02, hope that is okay.
    Last edited by andrewhoya; 08-14-2012 at 09:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@rtghobbies

I hate to say it, and please dont read anything into this- but I think you will find it a hard sell to raise the prices while the site seems less reliable than it was before the upgrade. People wont want to spend money for what is (if the views of the members who have expressed them are to be taken as at least a realistic possibility) viewed as an inferior to site to SCF pre-upgrade

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yes I have to agree. With the current economy, the massive amount of concerns regarding the recent upgrade and the bugs that are still effecting the site daily, this doesn't seem like a timely move. But hope it works out for scf.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a problem with the VIP membership going from $20 to $25. I figure you'd pay $20 at Beckett for the organizer and I like the Inventory Manager here better. On top of that the discounts and contest's are well worth an additional $5 plus this forum is the best that I have run across. I'm a little disappointed with getting the "busy" message many times since the switch.

...Rick

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't have a problem, either. I just figure many people will be.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Thanks for the inputs!

The VIP membership is an optional membership and this is our first increase in the cost. We are talking about a 41 cent a month increase. For Premium Members it is going form $1 a month to $2 a month.

At $25 year or roughly $2 a month, I feel you get a lot. Let's compare $25 to other things in our hobby. You can't get a decent box of cards, or even a great pack of cards for $25. At $2 a month, you will have trouble getting a pack of top loaders in your local store. Is a year of our VIP Membership worth more than a few packs of Yu-Gi-Oh! packs? I think so and I hope our members do as well.

I use Facebook daily and have performance issues every day. They are a $50 billion company and still have issues with site performance. We are constantly working on the performance issues and they will eventually work themselves out.

It cost a lot of money to keep SCF running. I'd also like to offer Card Cash pack sales more often and other benefits, but this can only happen with an increase in the VIP Membership rate and if more members sign up. I value all of your inputs, so keep them coming!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks for the inputs!

The VIP membership is an optional membership and this is our first increase in the cost. We are talking about a 41 cent a month increase. For Premium Members it is going form $1 a month to $2 a month.

At $25 year or roughly $2 a month, I feel you get a lot. Let's compare $25 to other things in our hobby. You can't get a decent box of cards, or even a great pack of cards for $25. At $2 a month, you will have trouble getting a pack of top loaders in your local store. Is a year of our VIP Membership worth more than a few packs of Yu-Gi-Oh! packs? I think so and I hope our members do as well.

I use Facebook daily and have performance issues every day. They are a $50 billion company and still have issues with site performance. We are constantly working on the performance issues and they will eventually work themselves out.

It cost a lot of money to keep SCF running. I'd also like to offer Card Cash pack sales more often and other benefits, but this can only happen with an increase in the VIP Membership rate and if more members sign up. I value all of your inputs, so keep them coming!

I see it this way- I think more people would rather shell out $25 for a bunch of rack packs or a blaster or cards than a VIP membership, or at least put that $25 towards a larger box. $25 is a lot when it is a one time payment- now, if there was a payment plan where you paid $2.09 every month, I think it would gain more interest.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast