Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Republican Congressman Scolded After Drinking and Nudity in Israel

http://news.yahoo.com/republican-con...cs.html?_esi=1

A group of House Republicans visiting Israel as part of an official Congressional delegation last summer enjoyed a late night of drinking at the Sea of Galilee that included swimming and, in the case of one member, a little skinny dipping in the place where the Bible says Jesus walked on water.

The story was first reported by Politico and has been confirmed by ABC News.

House Majority Leader Eric Cantor was on the trip but was not present for the late night antics. When Cantor was told about what happened, according to Republican sources, he was "livid" and called members of the delegation to say the behavior was unacceptable and must never be repeated.

The skinny dipper, according to the sources, was Rep. Kevin Yoder, R-Kansas.

In a statement to Politico, Yoder said: "A year ago, my wife, Brooke, and I joined colleagues for dinner at the Sea of Galilee in Israel. After dinner I followed some Members of Congress in a spontaneous and very brief dive into the sea and regrettably I jumped into the water without a swimsuit. It is my greatest honor to represent the people of Kansas in Congress and [for] any embarrassment I have caused for my colleagues and constituents, I apologize."

Cantor's deputy chief of staff, Doug Heye, tells ABC News what he told Politico: "Twelve months ago, [Cantor] dealt with this immediately and effectively to ensure such activities would not take place in the future."

Heye confirms that the FBI asked about the incident, although the investigation does not appear to have gone anywhere.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Where are all of the right wingers calling for this guy's job?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I skinny dipped before, dang it, do you think I will get fired?!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I didn't know Congressmen were capable of having fun.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I skinny dipped before, dang it, do you think I will get fired?!!

That goes against everything that republicans stand for. They are for modest conservative behavior. Public nudity in Israel or anywhere else does not fit those standards. I'm sorry but I am revoking your conservative card.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I don't have a problem with the act of skinny dipping in this particular location. I would take issue with the fact that they were on a junket to Israel and living it up on the same day the market dropped over 500 points after the debt crisis debacle and downgrade.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'm with Habs 100% on this. Most politicians regardless of their party take full advantage of the perks they get when traveling on the publics dime.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Yeah, I just don't see this as a big deal. This is really about as harmless as it gets. Was it a smart thing to do? Probably not, but we're all human.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

I don't have a problem with the act of skinny dipping in this particular location. I would take issue with the fact that they were on a junket to Israel and living it up on the same day the market dropped over 500 points after the debt crisis debacle and downgrade.

I believe it occurred on his own personal time after the official business was over. I heard that he held his family over for a couple of days for a vacation, and that's when he did it.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I believe it occurred on his own personal time after the official business was over. I heard that he held his family over for a couple of days for a vacation, and that's when he did it.

I heard that it occurred after a dinner attended by other congressmen and many took part in the late night swim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast