Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Dispute Assistant Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See JSOKOL1626's Items on eBay

Simple, buy ITG products where u never have to deal with this crap, and if u do, Dr Price is right here available for you.

Never? You better do a little more research.
    I trade by BV so please don't reference EBAY.

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

This is very true, however......... Within the packaged goods industry (which Upper Deck is player) companies always strive to ensure the non-loss of a customer, to either the competition, or to make sure that the customer keeps on buying.

People like myself that have stopped buying Hobby Boxes because Upper Deck has not striven to achieve any form of Customer Satisfaction have lost me as good customer in terms of their feature products.

I spent 20 years in the packaged goods industry, and when we had a Customer Complaint, it was fully taken care of by somebody within 14 days.......Period. Our Customer list we feel was probably about 15 times that of Upper Decks.

I used to meet occasionally with large company sales reps from companies like P&G and find out what they do as a really big player.

Like most good companies, they and others take this very seriously:

1. If possible try to meet the wronged consumer in person

2. If not possible, obtain their telephone number and address and guarantee that a replacement product is on it's way within the next 14 days to 30 days.

3. When replacing product, add on another little offering or a double replacement of product as your thanks to them for being a good customer.

4. If able to meet in person, take them for Lunch, double or triple replace the product, and ensure that their story echoes in their community and to their friends on how this particular company - has taken care of business.

I stopped buying Upper Deck products because Upper Deck does not follow the rules in the packaged goods industry of taking care of their Customer Complaints.

Never have I:

1. Had a phone call or visit from any representative

2. Had a product taken care of in a timely manner

3. Had the replacement product live up to the standard of the product that was damaged.

4. Anytime my satisfaction was at stake, it was always driven by my initiative to make sure I was adequately compensated. Upper Deck does not take the inititative to see that their consumer is adequately compensated......... period.

Waiting time for any customer complaint in the packaged goods industry never takes more than 30 days with any company out there be it candy companies, beverage companies, food companies, household companies, etc.

If your are not going to ensure that your customer has a decent replacement product within the timeframe of 6 weeks at the latest, then you should not be in business.

The points you raise are all valid and can be easily learned in a basic business or marketing course. The same courses that will teach you that no matter how hard you try you can't please everyone. I've spent 32 years dealing with customer service issues and I can tell you first hand that I utilized every means at my disposal.

Now I'm not saying UD doesn't have their faults nor am I comparing card companies. But what I am saying is that this thread is not the forum for bashing. We ave a member who took a big chance and came up on the short nd so far. As fellow members we need to take his opportunity to send words of encouragement, worthwhile advice and support.

Blueliner-- Nasty should always be the last resort.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That damn Sbisa!!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Now I'm not saying UD doesn't have their faults nor am I comparing card companies. But what I am saying is that this thread is not the forum for bashing. We ave a member who took a big chance and came up on the short nd so far. As fellow members we need to take his opportunity to send words of encouragement, worthwhile advice and support.

Do you not see the problem with this statement and the whole point of how this has digressed? There was a redemption issued for the card and he redeemed it. That to me is a contract created and initiated by UD and failure to honour that contract SHOULD basically bend them over a barrel until the OP gets some satisfactory resolution. By simply offering placations and absolutions to him isn't going to change the culture of 'not our fault- not going to be produced' over at UD. The OP posted this publicly (I'm assuming) not only to vent, but to perhaps gain a little public support. In addition to that he's provided some powerful reasoning for boycott, and certainly caused a wonderful and spirited debate in this thread. The only way we can truly change any of this is by voting with our wallets, and I plan to vote.

We're seeing a shining example of something that is wrong with this hobby here, and here's hoping that someone with bigtime pull over at UD reads this so they know just how peeved the OP, and his fellow hobbyists are. So Luca lost the shield, shouldn't Luca be paying a replacement value on it if there isn't a backup? Isn't he being paid to sign, and sign responsibly? Take some responsibility/liability for the product he's being paid to help create? Is UD not insured for the loss of product or dont they build this into their profit model so that the customer can be more than adequately compensated? It's complete and total BS that the big fish who profit from this whole revenue stream aren't being held responsible and the little guy who chooses to spend his extra income pays the price, or may at least since the situation is far from resolved.. In what other industry is this allowed to occur?

I know that if I worked for the competition, and saw someone who was willing to shell out big bucks for a piece like this get screwed, I'd personally make an effort to win that person over to demonstrate what kind of loyalty can be had if they purchased my products instead.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Never? You better do a little more research.

Tell me about it! ITG is not without its own issues

I had a "Class of 2011 draft" redemption card from 2010-2011 Heroes and Prospects I pulled and when I tried to redeem it I was told "sorry it expired 3 weeks ago, nothing I can do about it."

I don't know who the player is, but it was likely a good one being a game used card /10 with a draft position of "01" (first overall, Nuge?) and "player B" on the front. Very disappointing

So for all the guys that bray about ITG being so good for stuff like this, I can personally call BS on it as they are no better than the usual suspects.

Edit: Maybe Dr. Price could weigh in on this one?
    Last edited by Habitforming; 08-26-2012 at 03:43 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Do you not see the problem with this statement and the whole point of how this has digressed? There was a redemption issued for the card and he redeemed it. That to me is a contract created and initiated by UD and failure to honour that contract SHOULD basically bend them over a barrel until the OP gets some satisfactory resolution. By simply offering placations and absolutions to him isn't going to change the culture of 'not our fault- not going to be produced' over at UD. The OP posted this publicly (I'm assuming) not only to vent, but to perhaps gain a little public support. In addition to that he's provided some powerful reasoning for boycott, and certainly caused a wonderful and spirited debate in this thread. The only way we can truly change any of this is by voting with our wallets, and I plan to vote.

We're seeing a shining example of something that is wrong with this hobby here, and here's hoping that someone with bigtime pull over at UD reads this so they know just how peeved the OP, and his fellow hobbyists are. So Luca lost the shield, shouldn't Luca be paying a replacement value on it if there isn't a backup? Isn't he being paid to sign, and sign responsibly? Take some responsibility/liability for the product he's being paid to help create? Is UD not insured for the loss of product or dont they build this into their profit model so that the customer can be more than adequately compensated? It's complete and total BS that the big fish who profit from this whole revenue stream aren't being held responsible and the little guy who chooses to spend his extra income pays the price, or may at least since the situation is far from resolved.. In what other industry is this allowed to occur?

I know that if I worked for the competition, and saw someone who was willing to shell out big bucks for a piece like this get screwed, I'd personally make an effort to win that person over to demonstrate what kind of loyalty can be had if they purchased my products instead.

You sure like to jump to a whole lot of conclusions. First, at this point UD has agreed to provide a replacement and will be in touch this week according to the OP, so stop ranting until that occurs. Secondly, any of us who have been in this hobby for an extended period of time are fully aware of all the issues associated with redemptions. In other words, your comments are neither new nor particularly useful to the OP. Redemptions are risks, especially if you have your heart set on that specific card. Again, I wish the OP the best. The bottom line is the card in question simply does not exist.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You sure like to jump to a whole lot of conclusions. First, at this point UD has agreed to provide a replacement and will be in touch this week according to the OP, so stop ranting until that occurs. Secondly, any of us who have been in this hobby for an extended period of time are fully aware of all the issues associated with redemptions. In other words, your comments are neither new nor particularly useful to the OP. Redemptions are risks, especially if you have your heart set on that specific card. Again, I wish the OP the best. The bottom line is the card in question simply does not exist.

I understand what you are saying here. We all know that redemptions are risks, but I tend to view it as dble_g2k does. These cards are part of the selling feature for this product and as such are something of a guarentee to be in the product. UD and all other companies make serious effort to show us in the pre-sell info what these cards look like and I have yet to see one that shows the card as a redemption decoy card. By saying it is in the product, in order to help sales, they had better come through on it completely. Redemptions shouldn't exist in anyway shape or form; if you can't deliver you shouldn't be able to sell it and then tell the customer sorry about your luck.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andrew_co1's Items on eBay

Ok you can bash ITG a bit, but do the ratio on the three companies and tell me who wins

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry to hear, but UD JANGED you! Hope they compensate you with some giroux cup auto patch rcs /249.
    I COLLECT HIGH END TRUE AUTO RCS OF LEBRON JAMES, GIANNIS, TOM BRADY, CONNOR MCDAVID & SIDNEY CROSBY.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ok you can bash ITG a bit, but do the ratio on the three companies and tell me who wins

The companies win, and we the cash spending consumer just keep taking it deep and coming back for more year after year.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast