Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

the Truth on Violence in the Scriptures

Why Christians listen to atheists who quote Scripture to them is beyond ironic, and beyond my comprehension. This Truth is for all, even those who reject God, His Son the Lord Jesus Christ, and the Word.

Matthew 5:39 King James Version (KJV)
    39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

This has been used by atheists to try to get Christians to lie down and let thieves, murderers, rapists, and any other advantage taker run amok over them. Here, Jesus is referring to insults and provocations. Christians are not supposed to fight, argue, or engage in any other similar behavior. However, they are NOT to lie down, especially in their own house, and let others take advantage of them or their family.

Proverbs 25:26 King James Version (KJV)
    26 A righteous man falling down before the wicked is as a troubled fountain, and a corrupt spring.

1 Timothy 5:8 King James Version (KJV)
    8 But if any provide not for his own, and specially for those of his own house, he hath denied the faith, and is worse than an infidel.

And Jesus even encourages the ownership of weapons for defensive purposes, but not for offensive purposes.

Luke 22:36 King James Version (KJV)
    36 Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Here is a story illustrating how Christians are not supposed to use violence in offense against those who reject Jesus. And this is totally separate from war. But Christian nations should not war in offense, unless there are direct threats that cannot be stopped through other means. But that is for another thead, not this one.

Luke 9:51 And it came to pass, when the time was come that he should be received up, he stedfastly set his face to go to Jerusalem, 52 And sent messengers before his face: and they went, and entered into a village of the Samaritans, to make ready for him. 53 And they did not receive him, because his face was as though he would go to Jerusalem. 54 And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? 55 But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of. 56 For the Son of man is not come to destroy men's lives, but to save them. And they went to another village.

The Scriptures say to submit to lawful authority. Our Constitution is our authority, and gives citizens the right to bear arms. Unlawful politicians have subverted the Constitution, in the name of "public safety", as an excuse to slowly erode the 2nd amendment. An unarmed people are slaves and subjects. An armed people are citizens. I believe it was Jefferson who said, "An armed society is a polite society."

Ask Colorado theater goers, Fort Hood vets, and Virginia Tech students how they feel about "criminal safe zones.". Police can't prevent crime, and guns don't kill people. People kill people, and an armed citizenry prevents crime far better than police, just ask the Swiss.......

SCF Rewards
    Country

Luke 11:21 King James Version (KJV)

21 When a strong man armed keepeth his palace, his goods are in peace:

SCF Rewards
    Country

Psalm 149:6-9 King James Version (KJV)

6 Let the high praises of God be in their mouth, and a two-edged sword in their hand;

7 To execute vengeance upon the heathen, and punishments upon the people;

8 To bind their kings with chains, and their nobles with fetters of iron;

9 To execute upon them the judgment written: this honour have all his saints. Praise ye the LORD

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I can't recall if it was you gorrillawaits or the other guy but one of ya'll did start a thread that pretty much said that christians said that they are pretty much supposed to lie down and let people walk over them. Even all of the hard line christians clowned the writer of that thread. Also as far as war if the united states is a christian nation like you want it to be how the hell can you conservatives justify the iraq war when it was proven that sadaam was of no immediate threat to america?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

who proved that? the iraqi people?

SCF Rewards
    Country

who proved that? the iraqi people?

The nonexisting WMD proved it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

so him and his family killing people they don't like and killing for fun is ok and no threat.

and why are we still there? why are we at more places now? why is gitmo still opened?

you guys will blame bush to the end of days, which is fine my me, but when you are doing the same and more, there is no one to blame but bush?

SCF Rewards
    Country

so him and his family killing people they don't like and killing for fun is ok and no threat.

Not to sound cold hearted but that is not our problem that is the Iraqi people's problem. Just like Iraq did not get involved in america's ills when it was legally and socially acceptable to discriminate against people based soley on race not to mention to lynch someone because of race we had no business getting involved over there. How can america be in any position to tell another country they are wrong when we still openly discriminate against consenting adults for choosing the person that they want to be with? America is slowly learning to correct it's social ills and Iraq could have did the same if we did not get our noses involved by overthrowing the only stable gov't that they had and now that place is in complete chaos. Im sure that the Iraqi people would love to thank america from the bottom of their little hearts.

and why are we still there? why are we at more places now? why is gitmo still opened?

you guys will blame bush to the end of days, which is fine my me, but when you are doing the same and more, there is no one to blame but bush?

Response in bold.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Actually it was Cheney, but ultimately, veggie is right. Iraq wasn't your problem.

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, again I agree with you, but i have to add neither was all the other places we have helped since Obama was in office.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast