Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mcneck5's Items on eBay

The ULTIMATE cut auto custom!!!!!!!!!!

So I was inspired by this Youtube video to try to make a cut version of this card for hall of fame hitters and specifically those in the 500 HR club.

This is one sick card!!!!!

I already have Mays and B Robinson index cards but am thinking of adding the following to my collection.

H Aaron
    T Williams
    Mantle
    DiMaggio
    Musial
    Snider
    F Robinson
    Banks
    Mccovey
    R Jackson

I want to get all index cards to keep them all somewhat uniform. I also may end up swapping out some of the higher dollar auto's for some cheaper ones but would prefer to to keep all of the big guns. I may have to settle for B Williams, M Schmidt, Killebrew instead of Mantle, Williams, DiMaggio but we'll see. I may also replace B Robinson since he isn't a 500 HR club member.

Anyways I am somewhat new to making customs and have never tried making cut autos before. What are some tips and tricks you all recommend to making high quality booklets? I am not talking so much about the graphic design of the card but more about the actual physical construction of the card. I see some incredible work on this site and would love to pull this off. I think it would be awesome!! I am planning to go with 3x5 or 4x6 cards to give the auto's enough room to breath and also fit some of the larger ones. As you all know some signers take up the whole index card when signing.

Anyways any tips and tricks you can provide would be awesome. Also I was wondering why no one has tried this yet here at least that I have seen? I am guessing it is the price but to me it is well worth it especially if you are good at making booklets.

I will provide updates as i am able to purchase the auto's and begin construction.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Rgower1; 08-20-2013 at 04:26 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Instagram:

Awesome Video thanks for sharing it that would be a card to make and i would love to make one as well but i wouldn't even know where to start.
    wants, trades pics, and more on my son's blog

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country

Glad to share yeah that is an awesome card...

So updating the earlier post I decided to try my first attempt with some cheaper auto's in case I butcher it. lol I am focusing on 80's hitters.

So far I have bought the following:

Murray
    Henderson
    Molitor
    Brett
    Yount
    Winfield
    Gwynn
    (I'll probably add Ripken shortly)

I am debating going with 8 cuts instead of 12. Since they are 3x5 index cards I am probably going to have to go with 4x6 cards to make the autos fit properly but may be able to make it a little smaller with using 8 cuts depending on the size of the auto's. (I haven't gotten them in the mail yet)

I'll post some designs I ma working on shortly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Instagram:

Have you any other customs cards before? after seeing all these customs cards I am going to give it a shot. Its funny ive been a member here since 2011 but this is the first I've seen this on this site. The guys here are very talent, and hopefully I can pick up some skills, I think I would like to do teams like the starting five on the teams, but how would you get the stickers off the original card?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unfortunately I am new to this as well.

Here is a design I am working on.... I have just used Allen and Ginter photos since I will not be selling it and have not been able to figure out how to use dragan at all which I think looks good with this style.

And with 3 players:

Let me know what you think. Since I am new to this any insight will be welcome.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Instagram:

Its really nice, really like the letter, is all this on photoshop? I just downloaded photoshop cs5 so I am going to starting messing with it. If I could suggest something or what I would add is around where the names are going to be sign add like pin stripes or something, that's what I would do. but honestly it looks really nice. I had tried this before years ago on photoshop 7.0 but since then I had stop. what do you think? http://s760.photobucket.com/user/DJ_...tml?sort=3&o=0 I was able to get lil wayne when he was serving time, that was pretty cool. the only problem is I forgot how I did all this and the printing wasn't good the back of the card looked terrible so I think that's why I stopped.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Duplicate Post
    Last edited by Rgower1; 09-10-2013 at 06:51 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yep it's all on Photoshop. I am planning to do something similar to what you suggest but am still am brainstorming. I like your's as well. You should check out this thread for printing....https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...nting-Tutorial

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Instagram:

ok well I starting the tutorial and then went to you tube one thing lead to another so I downloaded actions for photoshop got ideas so I present my first comeback card!! still working on details though.First.jpg

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Arizona Diamondbacks
    Instagram:

Check out my new creationCARD 1 @.jpg what do you think. don't know if you can see it, it kept telling me to resize it over and over

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast