Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See bobobag's Items on eBay

We Want This Debate. We Will Win This Debate

Paul Ryan today delivered remarks to the Republican National Convention in Tampa, Florida. The following remarks were prepared for delivery:Mr. Chairman, delegates, and fellow citizens: I am honored by the support of this convention for vice president of the United States.I accept the duty to help lead our nation out of a jobs crisis and back to prosperity – and I know we can do this.I accept the calling of my generation to give our children the America that was given to us, with opportunity for the young and security for the old – and I know that we are ready.Our...

More...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

You would have hoped that the first time the national audience heard from this guy he could have at least stuck to truthful statements. As usual, distort the facts.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

What was the lie he told?

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

How about these:

• Accused President Obama’s health care law of funneling money away from Medicare “at the expense of the elderly.” In fact, Medicare’s chief actuary says the law “substantially improves” the system’s finances, and Ryan himself has embraced the same savings.
    • Accused Obama of doing “exactly nothing” about recommendations of a bipartisan deficit commission — which Ryan himself helped scuttle.
    • Claimed the American people were “cut out” of stimulus spending. Actually, more than a quarter of all stimulus dollars went for tax relief for workers.
    • Faulted Obama for failing to deliver a 2008 campaign promise to keep a Wisconsin plant open. It closed less than a month before Obama took office.
    • Blamed Obama for the loss of a AAA credit rating for the U.S. Actually, Standard & Poor’s blamed the downgrade on the uncompromising stands of both Republicans and Democrats.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

I watched the his speech and thought he did a pretty good job.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

How about these:

• Accused President Obama’s health care law of funneling money away from Medicare “at the expense of the elderly.” In fact, Medicare’s chief actuary says the law “substantially improves” the system’s finances, and Ryan himself has embraced the same savings.
    • Accused Obama of doing “exactly nothing” about recommendations of a bipartisan deficit commission — which Ryan himself helped scuttle.
    • Claimed the American people were “cut out” of stimulus spending. Actually, more than a quarter of all stimulus dollars went for tax relief for workers.
    • Faulted Obama for failing to deliver a 2008 campaign promise to keep a Wisconsin plant open. It closed less than a month before Obama took office.
    • Blamed Obama for the loss of a AAA credit rating for the U.S. Actually, Standard & Poor’s blamed the downgrade on the uncompromising stands of both Republicans and Democrats.

*Obamacare DOES funnel money away from Medicare at the expense of the elderly, mostly in the form of reduced reimbursements to physicians, which means that less physicians will take Medicare patients.
    *Obama did nothing about those recommendations. What did he do?
    *The whole selling point of stimulus was to put Americans back to work. I would say that only 1/4 making its way into American workers' hands is substantially being cut out.
    *What exactly did he say about that Wisconsin plant? Government was there to support GM. It bailed out GM right around the time of the plant closing (a policy championed by Obama), and it still didn't matter for that plant. He was right.
    *All he said about the credit rating was that the Obama regime began with a AAA rating and ended without one.
    Last edited by AUTaxMan; 08-30-2012 at 10:14 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

*Obamacare DOES funnel money away from Medicare at the expense of the elderly, mostly in the form of reduced reimbursements to physicians, which means that less physicians will take Medicare patients.
    Ryan's own Medicare changes had the same recommendation. It wasn't at the expense of seniors in his plan. Now it suddenly is.

*Obama did nothing about those recommendations. What did he do?
    Ryan was against them too, but he can criticize Obama for it.

*The whole selling point of stimulus was to put Americans back to work. I would say that only 1/4 making its way into American workers' hands is substantially being cut out.
    "Cut out" implies they were not included in the stimulus entirely. Once again he distorts the truth.

*What exactly did he say about that Wisconsin plant? Government was there to support GM. It bailed out GM right around the time of the plant closing (a policy championed by Obama), and it still didn't matter for that plant. He was right.
    He implied that the plant closed under Obama's watch. It closed before he took office. Distorting the truth again.

*All he said about the credit rating was that the Obama regime began with a AAA rating and ended without one.
    Implying it was Obama's fault.

Responses in bold. As I originally stated, Ryan's first big speech and he comes out with a bunch of distortions. But thanks for pointing out the obvious in your response.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TR (8)
    Country
    Navy
    See cbuskstwar's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Responses in bold. As I originally stated, Ryan's first big speech and he comes out with a bunch of distortions. But thanks for pointing out the obvious in your response.

Your wrong again, but nice try.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country

Yeah, whatever. Thanks for the contribution.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

It appears that you are of the opinion that Obama not responsible for anything.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast