Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jrforcefan's Items on eBay

Another holiday weekend in Indy means...

..another race in Indy. This time, it's the NHRA US Nationals, drag racing's Super Bowl. And you know what that means...the John Force Racing Open House!!!

After a frustrating August where anything unfortunate that can happen came upon us in the Westgerdes household, me and Lauren traveled to the JFR race shop for the annual open house. It did not disappoint us or the masses. They was the car show, the race shop tour, and the ever famous autograph session.

The autograph session was popular with the return of Ashley Force Hood to the autograph table along with the autograph crew from last year: John Force, Robert Hight, Mike Neff, Bob Tasca III, and Courtney and Brittney Force. It was to be 90 minutes; it ended up two and a half hours!!! The only one to leave early was John since he had to give out the closing speech at the end of the show.

We also saw periodic appearances of Ashley's husband Don Hood and her son Jacob, the Tasca clan (all boys!) John's wife Laurie (her first time at the show) and Miss Hurst herself, Linda Vaughn. I vaguely remember her in my youth...

Now for the loot...

The handouts:

The one that won hands down was Tasca. His die cut handout opened up to reveal has career highlights...nice.

The diecast:

I also had a tour of the race shop...They just got done adding a new addition to the museum at the race shop. they didn't have fully done, but no one complained. I will post pics of the tour later, but for now I will post the two pics that mean the most to me:

I was finally able to muster enough courage to get a pic with Ashley. Even though she is not racing at this moment, she is still one of my favorite drivers. Lauren, on the other hand, had no issues getting her pictures taken with all three of the Force sisters...

Thanks for looking, Alex

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

im so jealous!!! Huge fan of JFR here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmorrow1957's Items on eBay

That is so AWESOME Alex!! I to am jealous buddy!!! AMAZING haul of goodies too!! Thanks for sharin with us my friend!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great haul of autos from john. I have met him once, at heartland park topeka. He came back to sign my program, probably because I was a kid at the time. Great guy.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice haul of autographs.