Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Los Angeles plans to charge families of electrocuted Good Samaritans

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow...174537361.html

The families of two Good Samaritans who were electrocuted after racing to the scene of a car wreck will still be charged for ambulance fees by the city of Los Angeles.

On August 22, Irma Zamora and Stacey Schreiber died after rushing to the scene of a car wreck. Four others were also injured in the incident, after an estimated 4,800 volts of power flowing from a snapped streetlight fixture made contact with water spewing from a broken fire hydrant at the scene of the car accident.

Earlier it was reported that city officials might find a way to waive the fees, which are estimated to be around $1,000 per person. The four other injured victims will also reportedly be billed for emergency services.

Selling All My Cards Here------>Hidden Content

Baseball Autograph and Game Used Only Trade Page: pwaldo.webs.com/
    //s123.photobucket.com/albums/o299/pwaldo/

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK, let me see if I can understand.

A guy crashes into a light pole and fire hydrant, the exposed wires charge the water....

Good Samaritans try to help the driver and they get electrocuted (2 of them DIE!).

And now the City of LA is going to charge the families of the deceased with ambulance bills.

Funny enough this is yet another reason why:

A) don't try to help people if you see a chaotic scene

B) Ambulance bills are technically part of our terrible health care system

C) how real life is stranger than fiction.

If I'm the families of the deceased I do one simple thing......I wait for the bill to come in the mail, I mail it back with a very direct message to the city.

Unfortunately I can't say that message on here but it's two simple words, the First one rhymes with Buck and the second word is YOU!

LOL, $1000 for an ambulance ride, over my dead body!

^Haha, you see what I did there....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See doctom2005's Items on eBay

One of the first rules of being a Good Samaritan is to protect yourself first. I could go either way on this one, but I understand where the city is coming from.
    Last edited by drtom2005; 09-01-2012 at 07:58 PM.