Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Panini Prime Authentics and MeiGray

I love doing this sort of thing - the Prime Authentics 1/1 tags from Panini Prime are amazing cards and it gives us, the collectors, and opportunity to see exactly where and when the jerseys that Panini acquires where used by the players.

Example: http://www.ebay.com/itm/320975822834

We've known for a while now that Panini has one of Price's 2009 NHL All Star Game jerseys - they have been used in a couple products so far, including Titanium and very prominently in Prime.

Thanks to MeiGray's population report, we get all of this information:
    F02959 All-Star Price, Carey 31 Red - Eastern Conference All-Star (1/25/09 Period 2) AS-P2 58G 2.0 All-Star Period 2 - NHL Hockey Fights Cancer Set

How cool is that? Anybody else looked up the tag numbers?
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 204 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

Aren't the meigray patches added on afterwards? So technically those cards aren't really game worn memorabilia

Quote Originally Posted by dre2112 View Post
    Aren't the meigray patches added on afterwards? So technically those cards aren't really game worn memorabilia
    A quote taken directly from the Meigray website:

"Thatís why each and every jersey sold through our
    NHL-MGG Game-Worn Jersey partnerships is affixed with a unique,
    counterfeit-proof, individually numbered MGG Inventory tag. This tag contains
    covert and overt security features and is inserted into the jersey BEFORE THE
    PLAYER HITS THE ICE.
    "

So it looks like the tags are in fact game worn.

I think this is really cool - it'd be great if the manufacturers stopped cutting up the Meigray tags (or similar for those NHL teams that don't use Meigray) and always inserted them as full tag 1/1 cards throughout their higher-end products, and even release a packout picture showing all of them. Not only would it be neat just to know what jerseys each company has used for each player, it would also reassure collectors that the manufacturers are acquiring all the jerseys that they claim... I have no reason to doubt the veracity of the GU cards out there, but it would add peace of mind.
    Hidden Content

Visit the home of the Daniel and Henrik Sedin Collection Hidden Content
    Most Wanted List
    Any Sedin 1/1 or game worn letter
    02-03 BAP Sig Series Team Quad TQ14 x/10

Collecting Lord Stanley's Mug - master set progress: 97.3%

ITG has been inserting these for over 2 years now. It is a cool idea, but not a new one.
    Visit our website where we have wax boxes, singles and memorabilia. $4 flat rate shipping!
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

It is a very good idea. As Ramjak said, it's already been done by ITG.... but I still give Panini full props for doing it too. Considering how many high end products now hit the market each year from all three manufacturers - I do think this would be a great way for them to show collectors where the jerseys are coming from. I hope UD jumps on board with this too, and we can expect to see more of these cards year after year. It just seems like such an awesome way for the manufacturers to add another element of transparency to the products, and really put some people's minds at ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramjak Sports View Post
    ITG has been inserting these for over 2 years now. It is a cool idea, but not a new one.
    IIRC they had them in the first Superlative product back in 07-08 right? Very cool cards.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 204 Unique Cards + 8 1/1's!!!

Also collecting: Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Pacioretty, and many retired legends!

I just have to say by incorporating this idea into their products, Panini has done a job.

The card looks amazing in person!

The Brandon Yip Collector!

Hidden Content

Websites: Hidden Content || Hidden Content

Thanks for remembering.

Brian Price

Quote Originally Posted by Yip Collector View Post
    I just have to say by incorporating this idea into their products, Panini has done a job.

The card looks amazing in person!

Wow, that looks SICK! Nice pickup! :)
    Hidden Content (Hidden Content )

Who I collect: Milan Lucic, Dougie Hamilton, Tim Thomas, Patrice Bergeron

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast