Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thank you thank you everyone! It's been renovated since the last time I took pictures with some stuff added so I need to take newer pictures. The room is actually pretty big and most of it is filled. Go to garage sales and find old picture frames. What I did for the Legends of the Fall autographs (by the dart board) was put a piece of duct tape on the back of the toploader and stuck them to the black backing of the frame. And voila, you have framed cards. It's actually been pretty fun to do. I also framed all my jerseys (I have 4) and most of the stuff you see was framed by myself. Here is a link to some pictures of the rest of the man cave: http://s88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...ave/?start=all

Again, that is outdated. I've added some furniture and filled the walls even more since those were taken. I'll try to get some updated ones tonight.

Here is another old frame that I used to display some of my favorite soccer patches:

Here is another old frame that I used to display some of my favorite soccer patches:

Last edited by rchurchward; 09-05-2012 at 03:09 PM.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

And by the way, I have a pretty extensive vintage baseball collection that I have on display that you can see on my computer desk. The cards are all sitting on small plastic stands that I bought in bulk on eBay. They make for great display stands: http://www.ebay.com/itm/50-Ultra-Pro...item53ec6a5476
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

rchurchward is a showoff!

Collecting PEYTON MANNING, CAL RIPKEN JR, AUSTIN COLLIE AND CURRENT COLTS
    **IN THAT ORDER, PEYTON TAKES PRIORITY**

My dad has TONS of cool stuff, but he keeps it all in boxes. He really doesnt know what he has, and I am of the opinion, why have it if you can't see it?
    My guest bedroom use to be known as "The Marino Room". I lost it to a little girl though. One day I will get it back or get a home with an office space. Until then, my wife convinced me to take a corner of our bedroom.
    Over 3500 Marinos with 330+ memorabilia cards (98 of which are auto'd)
    Hidden Content
    Marino Most Wanted:
    1) 13 UD Nationals Infinite

Quote Originally Posted by marinocollector View Post
    My dad has TONS of cool stuff, but he keeps it all in boxes. He really doesnt know what he has, and I am of the opinion, why have it if you can't see it?
    My guest bedroom use to be known as "The Marino Room". I lost it to a little girl though. One day I will get it back or get a home with an office space. Until then, my wife convinced me to take a corner of our bedroom.
    Incredible Marinocollector! Well done and congrats on the little girl. My baby boy is due in January and my office is currently being over run. My wife, like yours, has said I can have a corner for my collection. :)

Like another poster said above, why have a collection if you can't show it off a little bit?? Glad I made this thread because it has given me a lot of ideas.

thanks guys!
    Sports enthusiast. Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewer fan.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” - Vince Lombardi
    Fan of Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Clayton Kershaw - Kid K!
    Bucket, everything always for sale/trade Hidden Content

I have a sports book shelf. Few pieces on it, nothing too crazy. Just my two MJD auto'd mini helmets, MJD figurine, and then a couple bobbleheads and auto'd 8x10s of various people. My cards are securely stored in binders, and random boxes. I'm waiting on 8 of those two column boxes to start organizing my cards better. Then I'll get all the rest of the supplies I need later this month.

Can't wait to get a house and find a place to put an office for myself, or at least make it a man cave, which would likely happen if I were to get married someday.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

The members here on SCF, that I regularly trade with, know more about my collection than any visitor to my home. I am paranoid about people knowing what I have.

-Robert Lewis

I liked the mancave in the earlier posts. When I buy my next house there will be a room dedicated to working on and displaying cards. I may have to have a large closet in the room for card storage.

I used to feel the same way too. Why spend money on this hobby and not show off your collection? I have a few autographed pictures on the wall. My cards were always kept in storage boxes in the closet or under the bed, but then I bought a display case about a year ago. It makes your collection look so much better if you're able to show it off to everybody. Maybe have something that can lock if you have high end stuff. You never know who may come into your place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12