Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 212
  1. #41
    If barely beating air force at home counts as losing. Then yes;)

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysrgr8 View Post
    for some reason indiana always gives ohio state a struggle...i hate watching them play every year...but lets be realistic ohio state is by far the best team in the big ten...
    Spoken like a true OSU fan. Support your statement WITHOUT using bias. Go.

    Let me save you the time and the hassle and present the facts for you: http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb.../confldrs.html

    In case you don't wanna go down the list, let me lay it out for you. OSU is...
    1. 2nd in scoring offense.
    2. 8th in scoring defense.
    3. 3rd in total offense.
    4. 10th in total defense.
    5. 2nd in rushing offense.
    6. 5th in rushing defense.
    7. 9th in passing offense.
    8. 12th in passing defense.
    9. 2nd in passing efficiency.
    10. 7th in passing defense efficiency.
    11. 6th in kickoff returns.
    12. 5th in punt returns.
    13. 1st in interceptions.
    14. 7th in punting.
    15. 4th in kickoff coverage.
    16. 5th in field goals.
    17. 9th in PAT kicking.
    18. 3rd in sacks by defense.
    19. 8th in sacks against offense.
    20. 2nd in first downs.
    21. 10th in opponents first downs.
    22. 6th in 3rd down conversions.
    23. 8th in opponents 3rd down conversions.
    24. 3rd in 4th down conversions.
    25. 7th in opponents 4th down conversions.
    26. 12th in penalties.
    27. 4th in opponents penalties.
    28. 9th in time of possession.
    29. 5th in turnover margin.
    30. 8th in redzone offense.
    31. 7th in redzone defense.
    32. 2nd in on side kicks by team (they have done zero).
    33. 11th in on side kicks against team.

    Based on that, how do you conclude that Ohio is "by far the best team in the Big Ten"? Please make sure your brain speaks louder than your heart when making an argument. This is something I tell my students all the time.
    Last edited by rchurchward; 10-16-2012 at 09:53 AM.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Spoken like a true OSU fan. Support your statement WITHOUT using bias. Go.

    Let me save you the time and the hassle and present the facts for you: http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footb.../confldrs.html

    In case you don't wanna go down the list, let me lay it out for you. OSU is...
    1. 2nd in scoring offense.
    2. 8th in scoring defense.
    3. 3rd in total offense.
    4. 10th in total defense.
    5. 2nd in rushing offense.
    6. 5th in rushing defense.
    7. 9th in passing offense.
    8. 12th in passing defense.
    9. 2nd in passing efficiency.
    10. 7th in passing defense efficiency.
    11. 6th in kickoff returns.
    12. 5th in punt returns.
    13. 1st in interceptions.
    14. 7th in punting.
    15. 4th in kickoff coverage.
    16. 5th in field goals.
    17. 9th in PAT kicking.
    18. 3rd in sacks by defense.
    19. 8th in sacks against offense.
    20. 2nd in first downs.
    21. 10th in opponents first downs.
    22. 6th in 3rd down conversions.
    23. 8th in opponents 3rd down conversions.
    24. 3rd in 4th down conversions.
    25. 7th in opponents 4th down conversions.
    26. 12th in penalties.
    27. 4th in opponents penalties.
    28. 9th in time of possession.
    29. 5th in turnover margin.
    30. 8th in redzone offense.
    31. 7th in redzone defense.
    32. 2nd in on side kicks by team (they have done zero).
    33. 11th in on side kicks against team.

    Based on that, how do you conclude that Ohio is "by far the best team in the Big Ten"? Please make sure your brain speaks louder than your heart when making an argument. This is something I tell my students all the time.

    Maybe because they are in the top 10 nationwide? Maybe because they find a way to win regardless. Maybe they are succeeding despite 2 totally new systems being implemented and a lot of injuries.....I don't know, put them head to head against any BG10 team and lmk who's gonna be favored.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  4. #44
    Until beaten, OSU is the best team in the B1G.
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    If barely beating air force at home counts as losing. Then yes;)
    I think equating that pesky Air Force triple option attack with the hapless Hoosers is a bit of a stretch, but fair enough.

    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysrgr8 View Post
    but lets be realistic ohio state is by far the best team in the big ten...
    LOL, and this theory is based on what exactly? Them beating up a couple of harmless MAC and C-USA teams? Almost all Big Ten teams managed that. That 1-point win against MSU? Even the Sparty fans are beginning to admit that their team isn't very good this year. The 7-point win against Cal maybe - a mediocre team with a losing record that outgained OSU in every statistical category in that game? Face it, apart from the win against Nebraska OSU has not really done anything impressive this year!
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    I think equating that pesky Air Force triple option attack with the hapless Hoosers is a bit of a stretch, but fair enough.



    LOL, and this theory is based on what exactly? Them beating up a couple of harmless MAC and C-USA teams? Almost all Big Ten teams managed that. That 1-point win against MSU? Even the Sparty fans are beginning to admit that their team isn't very good this year. The 7-point win against Cal maybe - a mediocre team with a losing record that outgained OSU in every statistical category in that game? Face it, apart from the win against Nebraska OSU has not really done anything impressive this year!
    Do me a favor and check out the hapless hoosiers O vs air forces. It's pretty comparable. What I find funny is you guys beating up on a transitional, injured Buckeye team. How'd Michigan do in their transitional year? Ohio state is no where near a top 7 team in the country in my opinion. But they can hold their own against any team in the Big ten I believe. They seem to play to the level of competition Imo.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Do me a favor and check out the hapless hoosiers O vs air forces. It's pretty comparable. What I find funny is you guys beating up on a transitional, injured Buckeye team. How'd Michigan do in their transitional year? Ohio state is no where near a top 7 team in the country in my opinion. But they can hold their own against any team in the Big ten I believe. They seem to play to the level of competition Imo.
    There's a small difference between saying "they are by far the best team in the big ten" and "they play to the level of competition". I wouldn't nescessarily dispute the latter statement. Yes, for a team in transition they are actually doing pretty well. But portraying them as the cream of the crop right now is just unfounded.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    There's a small difference between saying "they are by far the best team in the big ten" and "they play to the level of competition". I wouldn't nescessarily dispute the latter statement. Yes, for a team in transition they are actually doing pretty well. But portraying them as the cream of the crop right now is just unfounded.
    Ok, well they haven't lost. Until they do, they are the best in the Big 10. If they win out (against Pur,Wis, Psu, Um) there will be no disputing.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Maybe because they are in the top 10 nationwide? Maybe because they find a way to win regardless. Maybe they are succeeding despite 2 totally new systems being implemented and a lot of injuries.....I don't know, put them head to head against any BG10 team and lmk who's gonna be favored.
    Top 10 nationwide in the AP Poll isn't something to brag about. It's a bunch of humans with a bias voting system. Where are they in the BCS? Oh, they're not there? Well why the heck not? That's proof that them being in the top 10 is a complete crock. How does a team get voted into the top 10 in the AP and NOT make the top 25 in the BCS? Because they were voted on by PEOPLE with a BIAS. Put in their strength of schedule and margin of victories and they don't even crack the top 25.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by rchurchward View Post
    Top 10 nationwide in the AP Poll isn't something to brag about. It's a bunch of humans with a bias voting system. Where are they in the BCS? Oh, they're not there? Well why the heck not? That's proof that them being in the top 10 is a complete crock. How does a team get voted into the top 10 in the AP and NOT make the top 25 in the BCS? Because they were voted on by PEOPLE with a BIAS. Put in their strength of schedule and margin of victories and they don't even crack the top 25.
    Lol, Ummm, not sure if you got the memo, but OSU is not eligible for the BCS poll. They would have been 6th or 7th though if eligible.....nice try though,lol
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567815 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •