Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cowboysrgr8 View Post
    so now we can finally agree that ohio state is the best team in the big 10.......thanks michigan
    Really? Same discussion again? Has anything changed? Not really. osu is still the team with the best record in the Big Ten (hard to argue with that). But they are also still the team that is most overdue for a loss and that didn't really do anything to impress this season with maybe the exception of the Nebraska game. Yes, Michigan lost against Nebraska and you looked pretty good against them. So? You struggled mightily against Purdue while Michigan manhandled them.

But okay, if you just want to look at the outcome and not at the way the teams really performed, then it's as simple as this: The team who wins the Big Ten championship game will be the best team of the Big Ten! Good luck with that...
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

oh dont get me wrong i know they are ineligable...and in everyones heads they will always know that if ohio state was eligable then they would win it
    how does it feel to know that a team who is playing for nothing...doesnt have any of the recruits they could of had...is still better than your team once again
    Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    Really? Same discussion again? Has anything changed? Not really. osu is still the team with the best record in the Big Ten (hard to argue with that). But they are also still the team that is most overdue for a loss and that didn't really do anything to impress this season with maybe the exception of the Nebraska game. Yes, Michigan lost against Nebraska and you looked pretty good against them. So? You struggled mightily against Purdue while Michigan manhandled them.

But okay, if you just want to look at the outcome and not at the way the teams really performed, then it's as simple as this: The team who wins the Big Ten championship game will be the best team of the Big Ten! Good luck with that...
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is also for trade
    Hidden Content

oh dont get me wrong i know they are ineligable...and in everyones heads they will always know that if ohio state was eligable then they would win it
    how does it feel to know that a team who is playing for nothing...doesnt have any of the recruits they could of had...is still better than your team once again
    Lol, yes and in everyone's heads they will also always know that Michigan would have won a rematch in 2006 and become national champion. Thanks, making hypothetical claims that can never be proven is always fun!

And how does it feel to have to constantly try to talk yourself and other people into believing your team is the best, despite nothing that happend on the playing field this season does support this claim?

Well, I guess if you don't have anything to play for because your team got caught lying and cheating for years, you'll probably cling to every little positive thing you can find. I get it, if the way they play does not impress, then at least talk up their undefeated record - even if it is what has to be the most unimpressive one ever, with half of those wins coming by a TD or less mostly aginst pretty weak competition.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

But OSU is the best team in the Big 10...it's not even a debate. It's OSU...then a bunch of crappy, average teams fighting for scraps.
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

did you eat alot of paint chips as a kid
    what are you talking about 2006 for?
    we are talking about this year
    what are you talking about cheating...the players sold the stuff that they won from kicking michigans butt every year and selling them...how is that cheating again?

ohio state 9-0
    michigan 6-3

please show me one more time how your team is better
    Lol, yes and in everyone's heads they will also always know that Michigan would have won a rematch in 2006 and become national champion. Thanks, making hypothetical claims that can never be proven is always fun!

And how does it feel to have to constantly try to talk yourself and other people into believing your team is the best, despite nothing that happend on the playing field this season does support this claim?

Well, I guess if you don't have anything to play for because your team got caught lying and cheating for years, you'll probably cling to every little positive thing you can find. I get it, if the way they play does not impress, then at least talk up their undefeated record - even if it is what has to be the most unimpressive one ever, with half of those wins coming by a TD or less mostly aginst pretty weak competition.
    trade site - Hidden Content
    cowboys site that is also for trade
    Hidden Content

this quickly became a flame thread....
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content Due to lack of time resources currently not trading.
    I mail once a week on Saturday. If I forget to respond , just send me a reminder.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

Lol, well, no one got caught lying for years. One guy got caught lying one time about people who sold their merchandise. It's a violation. Secondly, this team is a work in process. It is by no means an outstanding team. It does play up or down to it's competition it appears. But you know what, I'll take it. It just shows how good the coach is to get these players to survive in this scheme. With all the injuries and yth, I'll take an undefeated team any time. It's not like they are 3-8;) Are the championship caliber? No. Should teams be worried for the future? You bet.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

what are you talking about 2006 for?
    we are talking about this year
    Well, if you go blasting out silly hypotheses about who would win in a game that will never take place (this year's championship game with osu as participant) I can do the same for other games, like a rematch that never happened in 2006. But thanks for again not getting the point!

what are you talking about cheating...the players sold the stuff that they won from kicking michigans butt every year and selling them...how is that cheating again?
    Your beloved former HC knew about the violations and therefore also knew that the players in question were ineligable to play. He still allowed them to play = cheating!

ohio state 9-0
    michigan 6-3

please show me one more time how your team is better
    Okay, since you asked so nicely, one more time: osu is the team with the best record in the Big Ten. But have they impressed? Have they dominated? Have they faced quality opponents? It's a question of quantity vs. quality.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Lol, well, no one got caught lying for years. One guy got caught lying one time about people who sold their merchandise. It's a violation.
    Really? No one got caught lying? What about that one guy... you know... always wearing these fashionable vests...?

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Secondly, this team is a work in process. It is by no means an outstanding team. It does play up or down to it's competition it appears. But you know what, I'll take it. It just shows how good the coach is to get these players to survive in this scheme. With all the injuries and yth, I'll take an undefeated team any time. It's not like they are 3-8;) Are the championship caliber? No. Should teams be worried for the future? You bet.
    I totally agree with everything you are saying here. They are a work in progress and, considering that, they are doing pretty good. And yes, that's probably because your coach is really good. I think no one will doubt that. And although I'm not "worried for the future", I definitely agree that osu will be a dominant force under Meyer. But so will Michigan under Hoke. And I'm really looking foreward to that rivalry heating up again.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Really? No one got caught lying? What about that one guy... you know... always wearing these fashionable vests...?

I totally agree with everything you are saying here. They are a work in progress and, considering that, they are doing pretty good. And yes, that's probably because your coach is really good. I think no one will doubt that. And although I'm not "worried for the future", I definitely agree that osu will be a dominant force under Meyer. But so will Michigan under Hoke. And I'm really looking foreward to that rivalry heating up again.
    My response was to "lying for years" it was a one time incident on the forms. Not for years. It does look like the rivalry will be a good one again though.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast