Post Johnny Manziel to enter NFL draft

http://espn.go.com/nfl/draft2014/sto...2014-nfl-draft

The wait is over. Johnny Manziel finally made public what has been speculated for months and what leaked earlier in the day.

The Texas A&M quarterback announced on Wednesday that he will forgo his final two years of NCAA eligibility and enter the 2014 NFL draft. The news closes the book on an eventful college career, one that saw him break records and break barriers when he became the first freshman in college football history to win the Heisman Trophy in 2012.

In a statement released through Texas A&M, Manziel said it wasn't an easy decision to make.

"After long discussions with my family, friends, teammates, and coaches, I have decided to make myself available for the 2014 NFL draft," Manziel said. "The decision was not an easy one, but we all felt this was the right time to make the next step toward a professional career. My experiences here and the support of this school, coach [Kevin] Sumlin, chancellor [John] Sharp, my teammates, my classmates and Aggie football fans everywhere will be something that I carry with me for the rest of my life. I'll always be an Aggie."
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

He sees the dollars, I don't blame him! You really cannot improve from top ten draft choice.
    Main PC: Broncos/Montee Ball/Chris Borland/ Mike Glennon
    Looking for Fleer Retro(or older Metal) Metal Universe/GEMS Cards

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content /Hidden Content

Can't he get drafted and then change his mind and finish? As long as there is no dough involved.

If these guys can quit school and become eligible, then they should be eligible the day they leave high-school. The NCAA needs to start paying people as they will not be able to entertain all the lawsuits coming down the pike.

Makes 100% sense that he enters this year. No reason to go back to school and risk getting hurt when you know that you are potentially going to be a Top 5 pick.
    Hidden Content
    **Hidden Content **
    Bucket Updated 11/12/14

Quote Originally Posted by Rybowski View Post
    Makes 100% sense that he enters this year. No reason to go back to school and risk getting hurt when you know that you are potentially going to be a Top 5 pick.
    Totally agree
    Trade Bucket: Hidden Content

Please god don't let the browns draft him. He's too immature to lead a team and be a solid long term nfl starter, IMO.
    Aoki, Joe Haden, and 2013 Bowman Football Relics

I want any and all Eddie Lacy Topps Chrome RCs, even base!

Hidden Content