Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast
    I could watch this all day...
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    Yep, PSU managed to blow a 2 TD lead. So our hopes lie with Iowa or, dare I say it, Minnesota...
    Well, the refs managed to blow the game for them. 2nd week in a row Nebraska has won only because of the refs.
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Hey guys,

I'm a grad student at Michigan, so I go to every game.

I will tell you what that was an all time awesome game to be at. I know its NWU and we should kill them but realistically they were 7-2 with a great young coach.

I don't think anyone here realistically saw Gardner succeeding so fast, but it was clear he is a better "quarterback" then Denard from the get go. But just being more of a typically QB (meaning he can throw, and well) will always make a football junky feel better than watching a strange running offense.

Time will tell who's a better QB but I just know from the start I never could think that Denard's QB style could beat a good team with a good defense. Those teams have fast guys on their defense and are aware that there is no passing threat. Like worse of a passing threat than air force :)

That being said, what a classic win!! I'd say we got lucky on the Roundtree Catch, but if gardner puts that ball on him, I think he catches it anyway cuz defenders were all behind him.

Greetings from the Big House,
    Zach
    Hidden Content
    Buying: High end Sam Bradford, NEED PEYTON MANNING CONTENDERS, Whatever catches my eye from premium brands
    Buying: Derek Jeter, Babe Ruth AUTOS

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    I've believed for years he was overrated http://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...ghlight=denard

As a fan of neither team, I enjoyed the game, it was exciting, but I felt bad for Northwestern, because only they can lose a game like that. On the hail mary by Gardner at the end of the 4th, the defender made the right play trying to swat the ball away, it just completely backfired.
    In all 3 of NW's losses they started the 4th qtr with the lead
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content
    Just because I post, doesnt mean I'm home.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    Gardner > Robinson, as far as being a QB goes, and it's not really close.

I feel more confident with Devin throwing the ball but give the overall edge to Denard right now
    Trading for Steelers,Penguins,Pirates and ex Michigan players
    Hidden Content
    Just because I post, doesnt mean I'm home.
    Crosby : 205, Lemieux : 452, Bettis : 329, Hines Ward : 323

Well, this game didn't pose quite as high a risk for cardiac arrest as the last one... Iowa was really a pretty weak opponent, causing neither Michigan's offense nor defense any problems whatsoever.

I really liked the way Gardner and Robinson were used in this game. Sometimes you had Gardner taking snaps at QB and Robinson lining up at RB/WR, sometimes it was the other way round. This offensive scheme should really cause opposing defenses a lot of headaches.

Unfortunately, the chance that this Hawkeyes-team can upset the Huskers next week is pretty slim. So for Michigan, the goal for next week will probably not be to get to the championship-game, but to spoil ohio's undefeated season.

1993, 1995, 1996... 2012
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    Well, this game didn't pose quite as high a risk for cardiac arrest as the last one... Iowa was really a pretty weak opponent, causing neither Michigan's offense nor defense any problems whatsoever.

I really liked the way Gardner and Robinson were used in this game. Sometimes you had Gardner taking snaps at QB and Robinson lining up at RB/WR, sometimes it was the other way round. This offensive scheme should really cause opposing defenses a lot of headaches.

Unfortunately, the chance that this Hawkeyes-team can upset the Huskers next week is pretty slim. So for Michigan, the goal for next week will probably not be to get to the championship-game, but to spoil ohio's undefeated season.

1993, 1995, 1996... 2012
    You Michigan fans make me laugh....Ohio? Really? Does Boss Hogg realize there already is a real Ohio university?
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    You Michigan fans make me laugh....Ohio? Really? Does Boss Hogg realize there already is a real Ohio university?
    You realize that the more you complain about it, the more they'll do it, right?
    Michigan State >>> University of Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by mugatu471 View Post
    You realize that the more you complain about it, the more they'll do it, right?
    Not complaining, just laughing at the ignorance.
    Collecting patches and autos of Buckeyes, SF Giants, SF 49ers,Browns, Indians, Cavs. Kevin Randleman and Mark Coleman items....
    Check the bucket for trades.....
    Hidden Content
    The argument can't be broken!

Quote Originally Posted by sanfran22 View Post
    Not complaining, just laughing at the ignorance.
    Slow day at work?

We're deeply flattered that you frequent our Michigan thread so much. Maybe we should analyze the typical "that team up North" comment that Buckeye fans use to refer to Michigan. Do you guys not know that there are hundreds of "teams up North" and maybe you should specify which team is "that" team? Bowling Green? Toledo? Cleveland State? Please enlighten us as to how your dig on our team is any less ignorant than our dig on your team.
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast