Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast
    Well, the DBs lost the game for Michigan! Good game though.

Still a pretty good evening for the Big Ten so far I think. Albeit losing, both Michigan and Nebraska played well and held their ground against two very good SEC teams.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    KANSAS CITY CHIEFS LINEBACKERS

Michigan got one of the worst calls that I've ever seen, and they paid for it. One of the best hits I've ever seen...the Football Gods gave South Carolina what they earned. Good game, especially with the outcome...Jadeveon Clowney is scary.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

Quote Originally Posted by lambeauleap87 View Post
    Michigan got one of the worst calls that I've ever seen, and they paid for it. One of the best hits I've ever seen...the Football Gods gave South Carolina what they earned. Good game, especially with the outcome...Jadeveon Clowney is scary.
    Agreed, SC earned the win. And Clowney is a great player. But I think Michigan did a great job of controlling him. Lewan has definitely improved his draft status with this game. He got the better of Clowney for the most part.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Porbeagle View Post
    Agreed, SC earned the win. And Clowney is a great player. But I think Michigan did a great job of controlling him. Lewan has definitely improved his draft status with this game. He got the better of Clowney for the most part.
    I agree, it was a fun match-up to watch. For the most part, I think Lewan won...but in the end, Clowney bested the Wolverines.
    Hidden Content
    I collect Packers, Buckeyes, Indians, Blue Jackets, Anthony Schlegel, and Nikita Nikitin
    R.I.P Stefanie Spielman, Dante Lavelli, Bob Feller, Jack Tatum

I agree with all that has been said. The call that got us the 1st down was bogus. Terrible call. Clowney is an absolute beast. I'm sure this will be on all his Heisman-hype footage for next year.

Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

I was proud of how hard they fought hard to say but the better team one..

Looking forward to how good we will be next year.. too bad denard went out like that but i think he proved he will be a very useful NFL player as a percy harvin type with the production he showed against an NFL loaded defense.

Plus we still have the best hoops team in the nation....

GO BLUE

Too bad JT Floyd didn't played might have filled in a few holes for that porous secondary

Quote Originally Posted by GiantsSB42Champs View Post
    Too bad JT Floyd didn't played might have filled in a few holes for that porous secondary
    You're right. He's no all-world Corner, but definitely better in coverage than the other DBs who played in that game. As I said before, next season Blake Countess will be back. He would have been UM's best CB this season, had he not suffered that season ending injury in the very first game and I expect great thing from him in the future.
    Last edited by Porbeagle; 01-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

"Michigan OT Taylor Lewan putting NFL draft on hold..."

ANN ARBOR, Mich. (AP) -- Michigan offensive tackle Taylor Lewan is putting millions of dollars on hold to chase a Big Ten championship.

The first-team All-American and the league's offensive lineman of the year is staying for his senior season, turning down a chance to be a first-round pick in the NFL draft and become wealthy as soon as this spring.

''People don't really understand why I wouldn't leave for the NFL,'' Lewan said Wednesday in a telephone interview with The Associated Press before making his announcement. ''But when I came to the University of Michigan, I didn't understand the tradition of this place, either. Now, I do. In the NFL, you just come and go. But here at Michigan, it's not like that. I love these guys - my teammates are my best friends - and I want to stay to win Big Ten championships.'' Lewan said his teammates were very surprised he decided to stay.

''The (NFL) advisory board came back and said that I'd be a high first-round pick,'' Lewan told the AP. ''At first, it was difficult to turn that down. But the most important thing to me is the University of Michigan and winning a Big Ten championship before I leave.''
    THIS is the kind of person I want leading our team. Amazing!
    Collecting Green Bay Packers and University of Michigan Wolverines GU and Autographs!
    Tradelist (FT or FS): Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

That's really great news! With several of last years starters gone, the O-line would have been a big uncertainty next season. So it's great to know that we will have an all american LT coming back.

Many people will question whether this is really a smart move by Lewan. But Jake Long also decided to come back for his senior year and it didn't hurt his draft status at all back then as he was still the #1 overall pick.
    collecting:
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 613141516171819 ... LastLast