Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Sending Baseballs TTM

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sending Baseballs TTM

Ive been sending baseball TTMs for over a year now.I mainly send cards and index cards,and 95% of the players I send to are retired.
    I'm thinking of sending some baseballs.My question is,the players I want to send to played in the '50's and '60's,what type of balls
    should I send? A modern ROMLB even though they didn't play in that era?I do this as a hobby so I'm not to worried about values.
    What do you guys think.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Anyone?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Twitter: @@D_Frank34 See pktwsu99's Items on eBay

I have sent out modern ROMLB to guys of any era. Its really difficult and quite expensive to get older OMLB, and then wonder about sending them out and getting them back.

Who are you looking to send to?

I am in the process of getting the '59 Dodgers WS team on a ball, and its proving very expensive and time consuming.

Other than that, GOOD LUCK!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks! I'm gonna try Erskine first.Then Bunning,Shantz,and Al Rosen.
    Good luck with the Dodgers WS ball.Who do you have so far?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Erskine is a GREAT TTM signer, probably one of the best. He was the first person I sent to for that one.

So far, I have Erskine, Roger Craig, Joe Pignatano, and Chuck Essegian, and its out to Norm Sherry right now.

Are you just going for players who will sign for free, or would you pay for one? Other guys I have gotten on balls are Maury Wills, Tommy Davis, Don Newcombe, and Whitey Ford.

SCF Rewards
    Country

When I can afford to I'd like to send to some others.I'm a big fan of the Dodgers from the '40's to the mid '60's.Wills,Newcombe,and T.Davis I have on cards,and
    I have a '55 Sports Illustrated signed by Newcombe,but would also like to get them on baseballs.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am a HUGE Dodgers fan and I added the address for Davis and Wills to the TTM Manager. They go through a new marketing company and charge only $10 per auto, and $5 per inscription. I asked for a specific inscription from Maury, and let Tommy add what he wanted to. Here is what I got back from them:

SCF Rewards
    Country

They are nice!I really like the Davis ball.I think I will send one out to him on payday.How long did it take to get back?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Davis took about two weeks to get back, Wills was two months I think.