Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: PC Focusing

PC Focusing

As someone who enjoys looking at the "Show & Tell" section to see peoples' additions to their PC's, I am curious who you stay focused on your PC player or team or set?

I have three main PC's in Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, and Kevin Walter. Along with those, I have about five others that I pick up cards for, but feel guilty for neglecting the main PC's. With MJD, I have, he has so many cards, I should not ever find a way to stop buying, but people want, at least on the bay, some insane prices for not that great patches and autos. Moats is hard to find, which is what makes his PC so much fun, because he never really played and was relevent about 6 years ago. Walter is a very low end wideout, with few cards. His autos are ridiculously priced because there are so few, but I think he'll be the first PC I complete, or submit for Supercollector status.

Because those three are so unique, it's almost easier to just say "hey, I'll start another PC because it'll be easy." I've done this numerous times, and now feel like I've wasted money that I could have put towards the three main guys. Namely, Tim Couch and Ron Dayne, although I haven't spent much.

What do you do to stay focused on your PC? Do you contain yourself and wait until you find what you need, or do you go a bit mental like me and pick up random "PC" items for the sake of buying? Would be interested to hear what you do. Thanks!
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

2. Wata Photo
    I have the Same Problem. I started with Eddie George and then Picked up the others. Now I think there are like 15 players I collect. Which is nuts. What I hate is when I pick up a card of the "Others" and then miss out on a cool Eddie George Item. I wish I knew how to control the madness. Also it seems every year I start some new scrub pc.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

in regards to walter there's just not a lot out there on him. i had almost all his rookies 3-4 years ago. i got rid of them. most of his stuff is nu8mbered inserts now. i dont think i ever say a kevin walter auto. thats why i quit collecting him. he's a really good receiver but he's shadowed by a.j. and us very under rated. if he had at least some patches or something i would have kept collecting him. with $100 you can get practically every rookie card he has. the sp goes for around $10 i think. once thats done you'll be able to get back to mjd and moats :)
    pc is spectra spectra spectra

ok walter has one auto from last year and its on the bay right now. the first and only one i have ever seen. price is kind of high for walter, but not too bad overall. could work the seller down a little.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kevin-Walter...item2ec1922cbd

Country
    Card Cash
    Savings
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (63)

View my Inventory New
    View my store Beta
    For me it has always been the problem in sticking with a PC but the Atlanta Falcons. I currently Main PC two teams: Atlanta Falcons & Missouri Tigers. I first started collecting anyone wearing a Falcons Uniform, but it started to build up and I really wanted to focus on the main players. Right now I PC their stars and PC very selective cards for the PC (Why I reduced from 500 in the PC to 36 haha). I also started to focus on Missouri Tigers because I have committed to be a Freshman there next year, so had to share some love to the college I will be attending.
    ***WHyFLy's Personal Collections:***
    Atlanta Falcons (NFL) l Atlanta Hawks (NBA) l Atlanta Braves (MLB) l St. Louis Blues (NHL)

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgehenryCollec View Post
    I have the Same Problem. I started with Eddie George and then Picked up the others. Now I think there are like 15 players I collect. Which is nuts. What I hate is when I pick up a card of the "Others" and then miss out on a cool Eddie George Item. I wish I knew how to control the madness. Also it seems every year I start some new scrub pc.
    Kind of like this year, I started a Bernard Pierce PC because of following him a bit in college. Just picked up a Mike Alstott 3clr patch to start an Alstott PC. He was a favorite player when I was a kid. I totally agree, I wish I knew how to control the purchasing. If I were selling cards, it'd make me a feel a little better about spending on all of these random PCs.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    in regards to walter there's just not a lot out there on him. i had almost all his rookies 3-4 years ago. i got rid of them. most of his stuff is nu8mbered inserts now. i dont think i ever say a kevin walter auto. thats why i quit collecting him. he's a really good receiver but he's shadowed by a.j. and us very under rated. if he had at least some patches or something i would have kept collecting him. with $100 you can get practically every rookie card he has. the sp goes for around $10 i think. once thats done you'll be able to get back to mjd and moats :)
    I have one of his autos and am in the works on getting a few more. He has about 10 different variations/#'d autos. I went on a spree and picked up about 60 of his cards for maybe $15. Now I'm into the pricer cards of him, $2-$4 for inserts. Hard to pay that for a guy who is so low end. I had him on a fantasy team 3-4 years in a row, and just started the PC last fall around this time. I'm up to 101 out of I think 260 or so of the non-1/1 cards.
    Collecting:
    Maurice Jones-Drew, Ryan Moats, Bernard Pierce, Margus Hunt & Green Bay Packers game used
    Maurice Jones-Drew - Different: 898/2797 Total: 1140
    Ryan Moats - Different: 172/366

Over my few years of collecting I have gone back and forth with PCs as i'm sure most have. Over the years, i've found it best to have 1 long running PC (UGA alum for me) and 1-2 small pc's of cheap players each year. This year for me Mark Barron and last year Da'quan Bowers
    PC: Georgia Bulldogs Vets (Stafford, Moreno, Green, etc.)

lol I have the same problem! I started with Aaron Rodgers but realized I was never going to land an auto rookie card. Well, not for awhile anyway, so I decided to collect only his rookie cards. Then I found EBay and started looking around and realized that I have a lot of favorite players that have a lot of nice looking cards! I usually go there to get a Rodgers rookie card but find myself buying some other players card. I'm a huge NFL guy so I don't mind, it is a fun hobby. Then of course I ran across the Bazooka set, as it says in my sig, and decided I'm going to put a set together... anyway, I guess that is what is fun about the hobby. There isn't a shortage of players to collect and it's fun to watch the pc grow.
    Sports enthusiast. Green Bay Packer and Milwaukee Brewer fan.
    “Winning is not a sometime thing, it is an all the time thing.” - Vince Lombardi
    Fan of Aaron Rodgers, Ryan Braun, and Clayton Kershaw - Kid K!
    Bucket, everything always for sale/trade Hidden Content

I found it best to stick with the home town team. Plenty of players to pc. Pick one good one that will take work and money. When you see something of a low end guy and don't have the money for your main then pick up a few of the low end guy. They won't be worth nearly as much, but odds are they will have really cool looking stuff also. Make you feel like you made a worth while addition to the pc without spending a bunch on one card. Sometimes having 2-4 cards is worth more to the pc even if its worth less money. That's why right now I'm trying to pick up devier Posey and lestar jean. I will pick up any schaub or Johnson cards I can as well as foster. To give myself a change I'll pick up a Yates, watt, or barwin here and there. Eventually it adds up. You pick up mostly your pc guys, but over the years you look back and see some of the guys that use to be with the team that are no longer. I personally trade those off or sell them if they go to another team.

Quote Originally Posted by meandsharon11 View Post
    I found it best to stick with the home town team. Plenty of players to pc. Pick one good one that will take work and money. When you see something of a low end guy and don't have the money for your main then pick up a few of the low end guy. They won't be worth nearly as much, but odds are they will have really cool looking stuff also. Make you feel like you made a worth while addition to the pc without spending a bunch on one card. Sometimes having 2-4 cards is worth more to the pc even if its worth less money. That's why right now I'm trying to pick up devier Posey and lestar jean. I will pick up any schaub or Johnson cards I can as well as foster. To give myself a change I'll pick up a Yates, watt, or barwin here and there. Eventually it adds up. You pick up mostly your pc guys, but over the years you look back and see some of the guys that use to be with the team that are no longer. I personally trade those off or sell them if they go to another team.
    That is what I am doing. Most of my Pc Guys are from the Panthers. Problem with me I can't seem to let them go after they leave town or disappear from the NFL.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content IF YOU SMOKE PLEASE TELL ME Before Trading!!
    My Chris Henry by the numbers Items: 811 OWN: 423 52.2% MEM: 307 OWN: 152 49.5% AUTO: 395 OWN: 175 44.3% Ser #'d: 711 OWN: 343 48.2% RC: 38 OWN: 37 97.4% I TRADE BY BV. Hidden Content

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast